[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

58 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

ok im curious, how dose that affect the converters? i definatly have the latest Kis installed, ill give it a shot later

I'm not familiar with the underlying code changes that were made between KIS 1.16 and KIS 1.17; I do know that with KIS 1.17 all of the old KIS parts were sunsetted and there was some new code that was put into place. Pathfinder was originally built using the older KIS versions as a dependency, so when that happened, some of Pathfinder's functionality went away (as well as some other mods).

What I know is that with KIS 1.17 and beyond, I couldn't get OSE Workbench to work - the commands to open the workbench were non-functional regardless of what path was chosen, and the recycler commands were flat non-existent. Rolling that back restored the functionality.

If you do roll back to KIS 1.16, you'll also need to roll back EL to v.6.4. I should mention that.

One other thing you might want to do is follow the instructions for switching to CRP mode in the initial post on this thread if you haven't done so already. You have to first switch the mod over to Pristine mode, quit, go back into KSP, switch it to CRP mode, quit and then start the game one final time. It's important that those steps are followed exactly due to how Pathfinder shuffles configuration files around; if you don't do it right, you could wind up with conflicting config files going at the same time, which will also prevent Omni-templates from working entirely. I know that one from personal experience.

How do I attach the Walkway to another part, such as the Conestoga when I'm at the destination (not in the VAB)?  Also, whenever I try to place the Walkway by dropping it onto the surface, it reverts to the original position and location.

Edited by Apollo13

12 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

How do I attach the Walkway to another part, such as the Conestoga when I'm at the destination (not in the VAB)?  Also, whenever I try to place the Walkway by dropping it onto the surface, it reverts to the original position and location.

do you have the screwdriver equiped and are you holding down the attach key so it goes deep breen in colour?

Yes.  I have tried a screwdriver, Wrench, and Electric Driver.  I am holding down the attach key.  I cannot get the end of the Walkway to align with the door on the Conestoga.   To repeat, ,when I drop the Walkway anywhere, it returns to it's orginal location and orientation.

I'm trying to track down an issue with the BDB MOS lab, which is not functioning as expected with WBI science.  The GUI shows correctly and I can install experiments but the GUI reports "missing crew".  There are 2 scientists present in the MOS lab.

hqgvj5F.png

There's an MM Patch in the BDB compatibility folder, though I'm not sure it's relevant to this issue. Logs below for reference.

Spoiler

@PART[bluedog_MOL_Lab]:NEEDS[MoleUtils]
{    
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleMarkOneLab
        enableLogging = True

//Determines whether or not to show the context menu GUI
        //NOTE: ModuleMarkOneLab will NOT show the Manage Operations button during flight; no need to.
        showGUI = True

//Some containers don't hold as much resources as the template specifies, while others hold more.
        //Since the resource templates specify base amounts, the capacity factor specifies a multiplier to
        //factor into the resource amounts.
        capacityFactor = 0.4861111111 // 1400/2880

//Determines if the part can be reconfigured out in the field.
        fieldReconfigurable = true

//name of the template nodes to use
        templateNodes = MOLE

//Short name of the default module template.
        //This is used when selecting the part in the editor.
        //User will then right-click on the module to change its type.
        defaultTemplate = MOLE Lab

//Name of the logo panel transforms
        decalsVisible = false

//If the part has a KIS container, this is the base and max amount
        baseStorage = 700
        maxStorage = 700

opsViewTitle = Mark One Laboratory Extension

//Snacks
        resourcesToKeep:NEEDS[Snacks] = ElectricCharge;Snacks

//Kerbalism
        resourcesToKeep:NEEDS[Kerbalism] = ElectricCharge;Shielding;Food;Oxygen

//TAC-LS
        resourcesToKeep:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport] = ElectricCharge;Food;Oxygen;Water;CarbonDioxide;Waste;WasteWater

//USI-LS
        resourcesToKeep:NEEDS[USILifeSupport] = ElectricCharge;Supplies;Mulch;ReplacementParts
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = WBIModuleWetWorkshop
        hideObjects = evaElements
        hideObjectsForTemplates = LFO;CryoFuel
    }
}

Output Log

KSP Log

@Friznit, I seem to have similar issue with the Castillo Observatory:

On 4/20/2019 at 12:46 AM, NHunter said:

Also, has anyone else observed the following bad behavior of the Castillo Observatory?

Hide contents

It seems to believe that it needs 2000 (!) crew to function, can't collect science experiments unless you board a kerbal carrying those experiments (and you can't take those experiments out in any way that doesn't involve deleting them), and can't convert those experiments into data for MPL. This might be some weird mod interaction, but I haven't found what might be causing it yet.

Edited by NHunter

Any of y'all having problems attaching boxed parts onto certain KIS nodes of the Castillo? KIS nodes 3 and 7 are the ones that are giving me the biggest headaches. When I go to attach something to them, the part I'm attempting to attach will flicker. If I then go click to actually attach the part, about half the time it positions itself correctly but the rest of the time it attaches inside the Castillo and I can only retrieve it again if I'm lucky. Using Pathfinder 1.32.4 with KSP 1.6.1; I realize I'm out of date on both counts but would still like to know if any of y'all are seeing the aforementioned behavior.

23 hours ago, Friznit said:

I'm trying to track down an issue with the BDB MOS lab, which is not functioning as expected with WBI science.  The GUI shows correctly and I can install experiments but the GUI reports "missing crew".  There are 2 scientists present in the MOS lab.

hqgvj5F.png

There's an MM Patch in the BDB compatibility folder, though I'm not sure it's relevant to this issue. Logs below for reference.

Reveal hidden contents

@PART[bluedog_MOL_Lab]:NEEDS[MoleUtils]
{    
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleMarkOneLab
        enableLogging = True

//Determines whether or not to show the context menu GUI
        //NOTE: ModuleMarkOneLab will NOT show the Manage Operations button during flight; no need to.
        showGUI = True

//Some containers don't hold as much resources as the template specifies, while others hold more.
        //Since the resource templates specify base amounts, the capacity factor specifies a multiplier to
        //factor into the resource amounts.
        capacityFactor = 0.4861111111 // 1400/2880

//Determines if the part can be reconfigured out in the field.
        fieldReconfigurable = true

//name of the template nodes to use
        templateNodes = MOLE

//Short name of the default module template.
        //This is used when selecting the part in the editor.
        //User will then right-click on the module to change its type.
        defaultTemplate = MOLE Lab

//Name of the logo panel transforms
        decalsVisible = false

//If the part has a KIS container, this is the base and max amount
        baseStorage = 700
        maxStorage = 700

opsViewTitle = Mark One Laboratory Extension

//Snacks
        resourcesToKeep:NEEDS[Snacks] = ElectricCharge;Snacks

//Kerbalism
        resourcesToKeep:NEEDS[Kerbalism] = ElectricCharge;Shielding;Food;Oxygen

//TAC-LS
        resourcesToKeep:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport] = ElectricCharge;Food;Oxygen;Water;CarbonDioxide;Waste;WasteWater

//USI-LS
        resourcesToKeep:NEEDS[USILifeSupport] = ElectricCharge;Supplies;Mulch;ReplacementParts
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = WBIModuleWetWorkshop
        hideObjects = evaElements
        hideObjectsForTemplates = LFO;CryoFuel
    }
}

Output Log

KSP Log

same problem, need fix? Will try and remove crew requirements for any WBIExperimentLab modules.

Edited by PyjackMeat

Okay, two questions/comments related to the castillo.

One, the castillo's description mentions a greenhouse, but the TACLS patch still only affects the hogan.

Two, is there a way to add a module to the list of modules the packing box disables?

• 2 weeks later...

does this mod support Global construction? it is similar too EPL in that it lets u build vessels in situ, but its also different in some ways too. i think support of it would be nice.

On 5/31/2019 at 11:35 PM, 123nick said:

does this mod support Global construction? it is similar too EPL in that it lets u build vessels in situ, but its also different in some ways too. i think support of it would be nice.

While perhaps not directly supported, it doesn't seem to conflict with Pathfinder in any way - you should be able to use it.