[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

6 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

Titan-Class Capital Ship, (coincidentally named) Pathfinder.

screenshot196.png?width=809&height=456

Nice ship, never had the patience to mess around much with the old B9 HX parts. Try putting a Castillo crate on the outside of the hull and expand it before cheating it into orbit. See if it disappears or reverts back into a crate. Or you can expand the Castillo after you have cheated it into orbit. (You're using Hyperedit, it's not like you have to worry about running out of resources.) See if it sticks around for a while or disappears on you. I've had issues in the past using expanded parts direct from the editor. They like to disappear at some point after launch. I've found that expanding them after launch usually will make permanent. 

If all that fails, you can write a MM patch that adds all the Castillo Omni modules to one of the HX parts. 

Is there a "very verbose" log option for this?  I seem to have problems with bases running out of power when I load or switch into scene to a craft that's not the base in a complicated setup.  The only thing that seems to work is turning everything off, and specifically turning off any SAFER generators and turning them back on again, including the radiators.  The oil rigs always seem to need restarting, even on direct load as well... even with sufficient power bolted directly to them.

Haha, I beat you to asking for the logs first!

On a side note, not everything is appearing in the NFE monitor - hacienda & doc yes, castillo no.  I can help with that (and the very verbose logging) if you'd like.

On 8/18/2019 at 4:31 AM, Raptor22 said:

I still have issues regardless of whether or not Hyperedit is installed. The stock set orbit and rendezvous cause it too, and sometimes it just happens, without explanation upon a scene change.
For those sudden, random events, I can't quite pinpoint when they happen as the Castillo parts are hidden inside of the hull of the ship (see spoiler below), so often times I don't notice until I actually need them, look inside the ship, and realize that they're gone.

Reveal hidden contents

Titan-Class Capital Ship, (coincidentally named) Pathfinder.

screenshot196.png?width=809&height=456

The Castillo modules are semi-clipped inside the central hull of the ship, and are only visible when you move the camera inside the hold. So, you can see why I have a hard time noticing the exact moment when they're gone:

screenshot412.png?width=809&height=456

The entire purpose of the ship is to transport smaller vessels, which take supplies from the Castillo modules down to the surface to build colonies. With the loss of the Castillo depots, the ship effectively loses half of its purpose, and its mission is no longer possible.

you got any logs? see below on how to get them. basically start up make the issue happen then close and copy the log files. then linky linky...

17 hours ago, Railgunner2160 said:

Quick question, If I'm using Pathfinder can I safely delete the parts from Extraplanetary Launchpads? Given the severe lack of quality in EL's models and textures I'd rather just use your mod instead.

You can do that if you like. I would recommend using a mod like janitors closet or filter extension to hide them.

On 8/20/2019 at 7:02 PM, Space Kadet said:

you got any logs? see below on how to get them. basically start up make the issue happen then close and copy the log files. then linky linky...

I meant to post logs then, but I had not encountered it yet in my current session, so I didn't want to post a log with nothing useful in it. I'll post them as soon as the issue pops up again.

On 8/18/2019 at 4:18 AM, shdwlrd said:

Nice ship, never had the patience to mess around much with the old B9 HX parts. Try putting a Castillo crate on the outside of the hull and expand it before cheating it into orbit. See if it disappears or reverts back into a crate. Or you can expand the Castillo after you have cheated it into orbit. (You're using Hyperedit, it's not like you have to worry about running out of resources.) See if it sticks around for a while or disappears on you. I've had issues in the past using expanded parts direct from the editor. They like to disappear at some point after launch. I've found that expanding them after launch usually will make permanent. 

If all that fails, you can write a MM patch that adds all the Castillo Omni modules to one of the HX parts.

It doesn't revert back into a crate, from what I've seen. I've clipped the camera into the hull and even looked at the vessel info in the map screen to confirm the part count, and after cheating it into orbit I notice that I'm suddenly 8 parts short. I know that hyperedit has issues when cheating vessels into orbit, so I've been using the stock set orbit tool for most of the time lately - it doesn't have nearly as many issues, but the modules still disappear.
What I'm thinking may be the culprit - though I might be wrong - may have to do with the fact that the Castillo modules are boxed parts.

The only problem with trying to deploy them in orbit like that is that they need to be per-assembled inside of the ship, clipped inside. You can only deploy these things when a kerbal is about 2m away, but the closest an engineer can get is around 15m away. Plus, there's the issue of still getting the supplies up there to deploy it in the first place. I could try to use the ship's orbital pipeline mass driver (intended to deliver supplies to the ground), but I wouldn't have much space to store resources sent up.

I may add the omni modules to the HX parts, however that might not cover the Castillo factory module.

Edited by Raptor22

I just made quite the realization.

I tried to launch my ship the legitimate way, flying it up to orbit. However, when I checked my map view, I noticed something quite odd - I had no orbit line, and hovering over the vessel icon showed that it said the ship was still landed at the runway.

I've never had this happen before I loaded in the castillo modules (which are still in the ship, as I have not used any set orbit tools.)

Now, I don't know much about the internal workings of this mod, but if I were to take a shot in the dark, I'd say that something is causing the castillo modules to only work when they are landed. Otherwise, they either get detached from the ship, or seemingly cease to exist when it is forced into an orbit condition (you can still fly to orbit with them attached, but it will say that the ship is landed/moving over terrain). Note that they are deployed when this is happening.

I believe I captured it in the log, @Angel-125. It happened at around 8:31 (or 20:31 in log). if you don't see anything, I'll try to replicate it again. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/458707053993656320/615358217056419840/KSP.log

Another thing that I have noticed: the castillo modules seem to make the craft retain the position of where the modules were deployed. It's hard to word it right, but pretty much if you try to take a crew report or other science report, it will report the vessel being wherever the module was deployed. For example, I made a mining rig recently with some of the large castillo drills pre-deployed and attached, and launched it at the runway. I then moved the rig into the mountain range to the west of the KSC, and when I did a crew report, it showed the crew report for the runway. Additionally, map view shows the rig as "landed at runway," even though the runway is roughly 100km away.

Edited by Raptor22

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Awesome mod. I am having trouble removing the requirement to use resources to unpack some objects/reconfigure. I have it on pristine mode, but it still wants resources. I saw something about using mod+R to get to a settings window, but that doesn't seem to work. (I noticed that was the default for winch control with KAS, so I changed it, but still no dice.)

16 hours ago, catcha said:

Hello. Awesome mod. I am having trouble removing the requirement to use resources to unpack some objects/reconfigure. I have it on pristine mode, but it still wants resources. I saw something about using mod+R to get to a settings window, but that doesn't seem to work. (I noticed that was the default for winch control with KAS, so I changed it, but still no dice.)

You can get to the setup screen from the space center. Did you restart KSP after you switched the mode before playing? When you change the play mode, you have to restart KSP for all the changes to take affect. 

On 9/6/2019 at 3:37 PM, shdwlrd said:

You can get to the setup screen from the space center. Did you restart KSP after you switched the mode before playing? When you change the play mode, you have to restart KSP for all the changes to take affect. 

Yes I reset it. It still wants resources. There was once a setting for turning off the resources required, but I don't see that in the settings menu in the space center. I though maybe the mod+r menu had more options.

On 8/18/2019 at 5:18 AM, shdwlrd said:

Late response but I can confirm that the Castillo is (at least one) such part. (Of the inflatable industrial complex parts, only this one existed when I discovered this.) The Castillo insists on being landed when it's deployed. Trying to orbit with it is krakenbait. I tried to make a station once (in KSP 1.3.1?) which resembled General Zod's World Engine.

It goes without saying, Castillo didn't enjoy microgravity. I have no screenshot of what happened outside the VAB.....

DiY6H3l.jpg

Unrelated: Although B9 HX is old, it's still very nice. It just needs to be Reconfig'd™ up to modern modded KSP standards. ;) It could do with some crewed parts of its own too but those are the least likely to happen.

Spoiler

Contains OPT Spaceplane Parts and CryoTanks.

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Unrelated: Although B9 HX is old, it's still very nice. It just needs to be Reconfig'd™ up to modern modded KSP standards. ;) It could do with some crewed parts of its own too but those are the least likely to happen.

If you don't care if the crew can see outside, it's just a patch away. ;)

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The Castillo insists on being landed when it's deployed.

I don't remember seeing it, but is there a flag in the .cfg that limits its use to the craft state?

16 hours ago, catcha said:

Yes I reset it. It still wants resources. There was once a setting for turning off the resources required, but I don't see that in the settings menu in the space center. I though maybe the mod+r menu had more options.

Hmm... pristine mode should have no resource requirements, I wonder if Angel-125 missed something in the config for that mode. What parts are you having problems with?

On 8/2/2019 at 2:12 PM, capi3101 said:

As far as I can tell Workshop is playing nicely with Pathfinder, though admittedly I'm a version or two behind on a lot of things (KSP 1.6.1; Pathfinder 1.32.4; Workshop 1.3.1). Just finished building a base on Bop a few days ago with most of it built in situ.

This is how I used to play, and loved it! This is certainly one of the best mods available

But having just updated all mods to the latest version, OSE (reworked) workshop won't work when I have any Pathfinder parts on the vessel. It completes the build but never delivers it. That includes both the Ponderosa and the native OSE parts. I have tested with either and both on there and for good measure had a build job stuck at 100% in the native OSE workshop and then used the object thrower to obliterate the Ponderosa, at which point the workshop correctly delivered the part

The log gets spammed with the following as soon as a part is completed

[ERR 19:20:57.095] [OSE] - OseModuleWorkshop_OnUpdate

[EXC 19:20:57.096] InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
	Workshop.W_KIS.KISWrapper.GetInventories (.Vessel vessel)
	Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.AddToContainer (Workshop.WorkshopItem item)
	Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.FinishManufacturing ()
	Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.ProcessItem (Double deltaTime)
	Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.FixedUpdate ()
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	Workshop.WorkshopUtils:LogError(String, Exception)
	Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop:FixedUpdate()

When no Wild Blue parts are on the ship this does not occur and the part is built and delivered as expected

The recycler dialog just opens blank and won't close so I'm guessing that's even more broken but haven't deeply investigated that given the issues above.

I'm running KAS, KIS, OSE, WBT, Pathfinder and Buffalo on the latest version of KSP and of all those mods

Anyone got any ideas? Is integration with OSE just broken now?

6 hours ago, EvilMurk said:

This is how I used to play, and loved it! This is certainly one of the best mods available

But having just updated all mods to the latest version, OSE (reworked) workshop won't work when I have any Pathfinder parts on the vessel. It completes the build but never delivers it. That includes both the Ponderosa and the native OSE parts. I have tested with either and both on there and for good measure had a build job stuck at 100% in the native OSE workshop and then used the object thrower to obliterate the Ponderosa, at which point the workshop correctly delivered the part

The log gets spammed with the following as soon as a part is completed

[ERR 19:20:57.095] [OSE] - OseModuleWorkshop_OnUpdate

[EXC 19:20:57.096] InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
	Workshop.W_KIS.KISWrapper.GetInventories (.Vessel vessel)
	Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.AddToContainer (Workshop.WorkshopItem item)
	Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.FinishManufacturing ()
	Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.ProcessItem (Double deltaTime)
	Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.FixedUpdate ()
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	Workshop.WorkshopUtils:LogError(String, Exception)
	Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop:FixedUpdate()

When no Wild Blue parts are on the ship this does not occur and the part is built and delivered as expected

The recycler dialog just opens blank and won't close so I'm guessing that's even more broken but haven't deeply investigated that given the issues above.

I'm running KAS, KIS, OSE, WBT, Pathfinder and Buffalo on the latest version of KSP and of all those mods

Anyone got any ideas? Is integration with OSE just broken now?

It does sound like OSE Workshop integration no longer works. You could try removing the WBIOSEWorkshop part module config node from the Pathfinder/Templates/ClassicStock/Blacksmith.cfg and the Clockworks.cfg file too. There is a corresponding template in the Pathfinder/Templates/CRP folder. See if that helps any. Also try renaming MM_OSEWorkshop.cfg to use the .txt extension and see if that helps.

The only other thing I can think of is that the WBI config nodes for KIS are out of date.

Beyond that I don’t know what could be causing integration issues.

Edited by Angel-125

21 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

It does sound like OSE Workshop integration no longer works. You could try removing the WBIOSEWorkshop part module config node from the Pathfinder/Templates/ClassicStock/Blacksmith.cfg and the Clockworks.cfg file too. There is a corresponding template in the Pathfinder/Templates/CRP folder. See if that helps any. Also try renaming MM_OSEWorkshop.cfg to use the .txt extension and see if that helps.

The only other thing I can think of is that the WBI config nodes for KIS are out of date.

I did all of these incrementally and by some black magic I don't understand, not only did making all the changes above fix the issue with other OSE parts on the craft, it has started the Blacksmith mode of the Ponderosa working correctly too for both building and recycling! To confirm, just removing the node in the templates did not work and nor did just renaming the MM_OSEWorkshop.cfg - I had to do both

Thanks so much for your support, and for making this excellent mod (and others!)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I am using OSE workshop in combination with Pathfinder. When I finish a print, the KAC alarm goes off, but the print stays in the workshop even though it is 100 percent done. How do I get the print out of the workbench? Is it supposed to be automatic? The factory wasn't out of MaterialKits or ECG, but had two options on the tweakables menu that said "acknowledge workshop condition", but when I click them, nothing happens. The recycler window is broken as well: it is just a big, blank, unclosable window. 

If this helps, I was printing a Hacienda (Pathfinder module) from a Ponderosa (the Pathfinder module) that had been launched in a KIS cargo Bay from the BFR in TundraExpansion.

However, printing from a normal workshop (one that came with the original mod) works fine with both printing (it goes straight to a kerbal's inventory) and recycling.

Here are the mods I have that would affect this:

-Pathfinder (WBI)

-Buffalo (WBI)

KAS

KIS

Hiesenburg (WBI)

OSE workshop

Extraplanetary Launchpads

TundraExpansion

I'm happy to give any more information if needed. 

Edited by MoonstreamInSpace

23 hours ago, MoonstreamInSpace said:

Hey, I am using OSE workshop in combination with Pathfinder. When I finish a print, the KAC alarm goes off, but the print stays in the workshop even though it is 100 percent done. How do I get the print out of the workbench? Is it supposed to be automatic? The factory wasn't out of MaterialKits or ECG, but had two options on the tweakables menu that said "acknowledge workshop condition", but when I click them, nothing happens. The recycler window is broken as well: it is just a big, blank, unclosable window. 

If this helps, I was printing a Hacienda (Pathfinder module) from a Ponderosa (the Pathfinder module) that had been launched in a KIS cargo Bay from the BFR in TundraExpansion.

However, printing from a normal workshop (one that came with the original mod) works fine with both printing (it goes straight to a kerbal's inventory) and recycling.

Here are the mods I have that would affect this:

-Pathfinder (WBI)

-Buffalo (WBI)

KAS

KIS

Hiesenburg (WBI)

OSE workshop

Extraplanetary Launchpads

TundraExpansion

I'm happy to give any more information if needed. 

Check out the posts above yours. They are seemingly dealing with the same issue. If what is described above doesn't help you, you'll need to post your logs so Angel-125 can help you.

On 9/12/2019 at 12:28 PM, Angel-125 said:

7 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Check out the posts above yours. They are seemingly dealing with the same issue. If what is described above doesn't help you, you'll need to post your logs so Angel-125 can help you.

Just to confirm:

I just need to delete the two noes and rename the file, and then everything will work? Do I need to also change the play mode or replace any files?

Thanks for the help!

So I fixed the OSE workshop problem but now I can't print stuff that requires RareMetals or ExoticMinerals because in the manage Operations menu for the Clockworks 3d printing facility that I just made, it only has one converter (the one that makes Equipment), and the Prospecting converter is missing. I've also noticed that every module in my base has only one converter. I now found out that the equipment printer is the only converter on the Clockworks, through the cfg files, even though the description says otherwise.

I have the same mods as before.

Also, when I quickload, my base teleports about 5m off the ground and stays there (due to a "ground attached" Saddle.)

I am playing in Classic Stock Resources mode. How do I get RareMetals and ExoticMinerals?

Edited by MoonstreamInSpace

25 minutes ago, MoonstreamInSpace said:

So I fixed the OSE workshop problem but now I can't print stuff that requires RareMetals or ExoticMinerals because in the manage Operations menu for the Clockworks 3d printing facility that I just made, it only has one converter (the one that makes Equipment), and the Prospecting converter is missing. I've also noticed that every module in my base has only one converter. I now found out that the equipment printer is the only converter on the Clockworks, through the cfg files, even though the description says otherwise.

I have the same mods as before.

Also, when I quickload, my base teleports about 5m off the ground and stays there (due to a "ground attached" Saddle.)

I am playing in Classic Stock Resources mode. How do I get RareMetals and ExoticMinerals?

This may or may not be a useful reply, but I'll try anyway.

Shouldn't be a Prospecting converter in the Clockworks. Oughta be one for making equipment, making materials kits and converting between one and the other (don't remember which way off the top of my head). The Prospector converter is in the Claimjumper, IIRC. You'll want one of those (a Claimjumper) to get your RareMetals and ExoticMinerals going. Barring that, either a pair of dedicated Chuckwagons or one set to OmniStorage (with the two selected) should suffice. 

Were you playing in a different game mode before?

As far as the floating base issue goes, I've seen that before and if I knew a way around it, I'd tell you. Only advice I can give there is to print some ladders and have your engineers install them by any of the entrances you want to use...