[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

14 hours ago, zumadawg18 said:

@Angel-125 have you been experiencing any compatibility issues with ose workshop in 1.9? Anytime I try to produce anything in the workshop it throws the following log error:

Error - OSE] OSEModuleWorkshop_OnUpdate

Exception: InvalidCastException: Specified Cast is not Valid

It appears looking back through the log file that the blacksmith can't find a valid inventory, and so the production will just sit at 100% and not complete and the item be stored. When i use the normal OSE workshop by itself there isn't any issue, but once I use the blacksmith or connect an ose workshop to pathfinder parts, it seems like pathfinder causes it to break. Any ideas? 

I haven’t looked at that in awhile. Not sure why it can’t find a valid inventory, they are there...

im getting errors about kerbal skills when i mouse over certain parts in the editor or open up the manage operations menue, am i missing some mod? i installed kerbal stats since i thought it would help fix it, but too no avail. also getting some errors about KIS Inventory, when i place certain parts, :

CYkh3mh.png

https://gist.github.com/321nick/b0f2aa0c753a64be161e2a47af7f7f36

Just getting into the mod, loving things so far!

Quick question - the greenhouse modules seem bugged for me. As you can see in the picture, it has inputs but no outputs.

0LBP98J.jpg

The same is true for the chuckwagon greenhouse. I also tried it in flight to confirm, and it consumes resources but produces no snacks. I have reinstalled both pathfinder and snacks to see if my install was messed up, but no dice.

Any idea what's going on here?

28 minutes ago, gath875 said:

Just getting into the mod, loving things so far!

Quick question - the greenhouse modules seem bugged for me. As you can see in the picture, it has inputs but no outputs.

The same is true for the chuckwagon greenhouse. I also tried it in flight to confirm, and it consumes resources but produces no snacks. I have reinstalled both pathfinder and snacks to see if my install was messed up, but no dice.

Any idea what's going on here?

Couple of quick book-keeping questions: in which mode are you using Pathfinder, and what particular life support mod to you have installed?

15 minutes ago, gath875 said:

I've just been using a test base to learn, but with 2 engineers in the Hacienda the productivity is ~5.56. Not sure if that's good or bad.

It's a start; not a bad one for early going. What about a Scientist? Just looking at the MM_Snacks config file here.

EDIT: And do you have a storage unit installed for all of the resources in the production chain? Is everything listed among your resources?

Edited by capi3101

No change to productivity with an added scientist. Just burns through all the water and compost without producing any snacks. All the other converters I've tried have done fine so far.

And yes on storage. The Hacienda has all 3 (water, compost, snacks) when configured as a greenhouse.

Edited by gath875

Looking at the configuration file now.  Bit of a shot in the dark here - what about FreshAir - do you have that anywhere? Do you have anybody in the module itself?

Edited by capi3101

Air is an optional component of Snacks that I do not have turned on. By default Snacks only adds two resources I think, snacks and soil.

At this point I might just skip out on the life support, haha. I really only plan on using bases for making things off-planet anyway, I just thought the snacks would be an interesting wrinkle. 

Thanks for taking the time to help me!

Edited by gath875

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2020 at 6:36 PM, Angel-125 said:

I haven’t looked at that in awhile. Not sure why it can’t find a valid inventory, they are there...

Trying to dig around to shed some more light on this issue.  It's reproducable with just WBI Pathfinder, KIS and OSE Workshop installed.  A craft with just OSE 3D Lab & KIS storage works fine.  If you add any Pathfinder part (with KIS storage), then OSE fails with "[OSE] - Error while determing maximum volume of available inventories!"

I'm guessing that it's something to do with how KIS inventories are defined in Pathfinder that's causing Workshop.W_KIS.KISWrapper.GetInventories function to fail, and so the KIS volume isn't passed to OSE.  I've dug through the configs but I can't find anything that Pathfinder does differently when defining KIS inventories.  I think it'd need some understanding of what GetInventories function is expecting and why it's different to what it used to be.  @linuxgurugamer may be able to shed some light on that if he has the code exposed for OSE?

Some log bits for reference below.

Spoiler

[LOG 14:32:01.599] Part Name: 3D Printing Lab
[ERR 14:32:11.454] [OSE] - Error while determing maximum volume of available inventories!

[EXC 14:32:11.455] InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
    Workshop.W_KIS.KISWrapper.GetInventories (Vessel vessel) (at <476ea10d65914767a3468907f8f1d0d0>:0)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.LoadMaxVolume () (at <476ea10d65914767a3468907f8f1d0d0>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    Workshop.WorkshopUtils:LogError(String, Exception)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop:LoadMaxVolume()
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop:OnVesselChange(Vessel)
    EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
    ShipManifest.SMAddon:FireEventTriggers()
    ShipManifest.SMVessel:RespawnCrew()
    ShipManifest.Process.TransferCrew:ResetXferProcess()
    ShipManifest.Process.TransferCrew:CrewTransferProcess()
    ShipManifest.SMAddon:Update()
[LOG 14:32:11.455] [OSE] - Max volume is: 8000 liters
[ERR 14:32:11.455] [OSE] - Error while determing maximum volume of available inventories!

[EXC 14:32:11.455] InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
    Workshop.W_KIS.KISWrapper.GetInventories (Vessel vessel) (at <476ea10d65914767a3468907f8f1d0d0>:0)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.LoadMaxVolume () (at <476ea10d65914767a3468907f8f1d0d0>:0)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop:LoadMaxVolume()
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop:OnVesselChange(Vessel)
    EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
    ShipManifest.SMAddon:FireEventTriggers()
    ShipManifest.SMVessel:RespawnCrew()
    ShipManifest.Process.TransferCrew:ResetXferProcess()
    ShipManifest.Process.TransferCrew:CrewTransferProcess()
    ShipManifest.SMAddon:Update()
[LOG 14:32:11.455] [OSE] - Max volume is: 8000 liters
[LOG 14:32:11.462] [OSE] - 6 inventories found on this vessel!
[LOG 14:32:11.462] [OSE] - Max volume is: 6100 liters
[LOG 14:32:15.110] Part Name: 3D Printing Lab

////////////At Build Complete with WBI version - doesn't get moved to KIS Inventory and throws error spam:

[EXC 14:41:54.987] InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.AddToContainer (Workshop.WorkshopItem item) (at <476ea10d65914767a3468907f8f1d0d0>:0)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.FinishManufacturing () (at <476ea10d65914767a3468907f8f1d0d0>:0)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.ProcessItem (System.Double deltaTime) (at <476ea10d65914767a3468907f8f1d0d0>:0)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.FixedUpdate () (at <476ea10d65914767a3468907f8f1d0d0>:0)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop:FixedUpdate()
[ERR 14:41:54.990] [OSE] - OseModuleWorkshop_OnUpdate

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Mortimer Kerman said:

How to use pipelines?

You need to have two Pipeline ends in the same SOI, but not within physics range of one another. Both have to be turned on. The transmitting end has to have a sufficient amount of "guidance data" built up to connect to the other end, and there will be a cost in bipropellant and electrical charge to use it. Finally, there is a limit to the amount of cargo that can be sent up at any given time  - the default configuration is ten tonnes to Mun orbit. If you're trying to shoot from a different body, you might need to adjust the configuration of your Pipelines to accommodate it; I've got mine set for ten tonnes to 100 km Eve orbit. 

You go into the dialog, set your target, then use the sliders to set up the resources you want to transfer. There's no way to key in exact amounts, so I usually overshoot (which brings up another requirement - there has to be sufficient unlocked storage at the target site for your resources). Mash go if everything's fine.

Are you having a problem with a specific aspect of the Pipeline?  

So I've been setting up a Pathfinder base, and everything was all great until, after setting up a Ponderosa (On a saddle of course) and attaching a Hacienda or a Doc, Suddenly all the attach nodes on my entire base don't show up, and I can't do anything but radially attach stuff. HELP!

I gave up on the base long ago, but the log mostly just said:

Error - OSE] OSEModuleWorkshop_OnUpdate

Exception: InvalidCastException: Specified Cast is not Valid

That's basically it.

It was just a Conestoga (the living module that comes in a box) configured to OSE. It was drawing from a fuel line (set to DOCKED) attached to a lander. It printed like usual, but the moment it reached 100%, it just stopped.

2 hours ago, MoonstreamInSpace said:

It was just a Conestoga (the living module that comes in a box) configured to OSE. It was drawing from a fuel line (set to DOCKED) attached to a lander. It printed like usual, but the moment it reached 100%, it just stopped.

That would be a Pondarosa set up as a Blacksmith. Known problem - I've had it for months, and the problem is on OSE's end, ultimately tracable to the last few versions of KIS. No real viable solution has been found as yet besides rolling back KIS two or three versions. Might give that a go.

My own self, I've taken to just using Extraplanetary Launchpads for my printing needs; I pack a Rangeland launchpad and default Hacienda along with my base-seeding kits. It's a kludgy kind of workaround, but it does work.

Another workaround I'm doing is landing an OSE AI workshop separately with a small buffalo rover next to it.  The rover has some shared storage for material kits and occasionally docks to the workshop with the WBI grapple to top it up.