[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

1 hour ago, smotheredrun said:

Wha.... wow!  It has been a very long time since I looked into this thread.  Love it!

Maybe just spray paint the garden in a very Kerbally style?...  or you could add a sign reading "End user to install garden.  No warranties inferred or implied by Wild Blue Industries regarding Ranch House building performance when said garden is installed."

Not really sure. Might try a couple of concepts. Meanwhile, this:

wxGyKq5.png

Edited by Angel-125

17 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

One more for tonight:

cXFFR85.png

I think a reasonable compromise will be to add the one tree, some park benches, and grass to get the idea across. Also, you can see that the chairperson gets the conference phone that lets you set secure communications.

This is cool! On almost any planet other than Kerbin the greenhouse would likely need some form of filtering for all the wavelengths that aren't life-friendly and that our/their atmosphere filters out. it would be entirely reasonable to have dark glass, gold or some other metallic color to reflect that (no pun intended :D )

If you want a more detailed interior a few trees to show a park space with some judicious use of textured flat images to show low-lying plants would probably look pretty good.

Thanks for all the work :)

47 minutes ago, Tyko said:

This is cool! On almost any planet other than Kerbin the greenhouse would likely need some form of filtering for all the wavelengths that aren't life-friendly and that our/their atmosphere filters out. it would be entirely reasonable to have dark glass, gold or some other metallic color to reflect that (no pun intended :D )

If you want a more detailed interior a few trees to show a park space with some judicious use of textured flat images to show low-lying plants would probably look pretty good.

Thanks for all the work :)

Thanks for the suggestion, but the more details you add, the worse your computer will run. Since most people don't use the IVAs anyway, I'm keeping things light. There's a lot of polygons on that IVA as it is...

1 hour ago, Kosmonaut said:

I love the posters and the pong

Perhaps something in the middle of the table, not too big, would spice it up and make it interesting?

I'm thinking of adding the mission flag set on a low credenza.

10 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but the more details you add, the worse your computer will run. Since most people don't use the IVAs anyway, I'm keeping things light. There's a lot of polygons on that IVA as it is...

Yep, I don't use IVAs. I misunderstood. I thought you were planning the tree(s) etc to be visible externally through the glass roof  :)

15 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Yep, I don't use IVAs. I misunderstood. I thought you were planning the tree(s) etc to be visible externally through the glass roof  :)

No worries, you'll be able to see the dome if you hit the overlay button, but it's not something you want on all the time due to render performance hits. It's definitely a balancing act.

3 hours ago, Kosmonaut said:

These IVAs are hot

Thanks! :) I'm almost done:

4fwVlpV.png

TKXHpNL.png

uO0APgL.png

There is a flickering problem in overlay mode that I cannot resolve, but for the most part the IVA is good to go. Tomorrow I'll work on adding a mission flag to the floor in the board room.

Edited by Angel-125

I'm not a nodded so I don't know if it can be fixed but one can't see through the other side of the dome when looking at it from the outside, and it's a tiny bit offputting. Beyond that, I love this. The ranch house reminds me of the central dome from the base in the doctor who special The Waters Of Mars. 

EDIT: unless that's just the base with the IVA camera thing on

Edited by Kosmonaut

8 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

There is a flickering problem in overlay mode that I cannot resolve, but for the most part the IVA is good to go. Tomorrow I'll work on adding a mission flag to the floor in the board room.

I was going to suggest to embed it in the center of the table.

3 hours ago, Kosmonaut said:

I'm not a nodded so I don't know if it can be fixed but one can't see through the other side of the dome when looking at it from the outside, and it's a tiny bit offputting. Beyond that, I love this. The ranch house reminds me of the central dome from the base in the doctor who special The Waters Of Mars. 

EDIT: unless that's just the base with the IVA camera thing on

That is normal behavior when you turn on KSP’s IVA overlay.

3 hours ago, DStaal said:

I was going to suggest to embed it in the center of the table.

There is no table center, it is one big ring. :)

To reduce clutter on the PAW, I hid all 32 kerbal inventories and manage them with one "View Crew Inventories" button:

HnqpP7O.png

It's also available through the Manage Operations button (which has other functionality).

And, I got the mission flag prop in:

zjGAaFc.png

As you can see, you can change the room's flag on the fly. @JustJim I'd say the Ranch House is done!

Next up is the plugin coding for the "Pipeline" mass driver, and the parts that go with it. :)

With the Ranch House out of the way, I'm working on the mass driver plugin code. Here you can see how you select the resources and the pre-flight checks:

artF4fT.png

You can transfer resources from ground to ground, ground to orbit, and orbit to orbit:

154ekLl.png

... IF you meet the requirements..

5 hours ago, Avelium said:

Okay, guys. Any idea how to save kerbal in this module using early tech?

220200_20171014165447_1.jpg

And any chance to prevent it in next time?

How early tech?  Usual advice is either to try to bring a docking port and use KIS to attach it, or to grab with a CLAW.  If you aren't using CLS, I think you could attach a small pipe via KIS as well.  (With CLS that wouldn't help you, as you wouldn't be able to transfer the Kerbal through it.)

21 minutes ago, DStaal said:

How early tech?  Usual advice is either to try to bring a docking port and use KIS to attach it, or to grab with a CLAW.  If you aren't using CLS, I think you could attach a small pipe via KIS as well.  (With CLS that wouldn't help you, as you wouldn't be able to transfer the Kerbal through it.)

I'll try to remember to add a crew hatch if one doesn't already exist as well.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

I'll try to remember to add a crew hatch if one doesn't already exist as well.

For a part like this, the MK1 crew cabin solution would work: Have a crew hatch that's inaccessible if the part is actually attached to another part, under the attachment node.  Then it's usable for rescues, but you don't have to change/mess up the design to work in space for one on the 'outer' surfaces.