[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

33 minutes ago, amadsen87 said:

I really love your mods! I am having an issue I haven't been able to figure out. How do you generate LabTime? I cannot find the answer on the Wiki - maybe I'm a total idiot, but I just can't figure it out.

Thanks.

You generate LabTime using the Doc Science lab. Put experiments into the lab, then start the experiment.

Trying to make a multi-purpose storage template so I don't need so many chuckwagons. I'm really new at this, I think this should work, but it doesn't show up for me in-game?

STORAGE_TEMPLATE
{
	author = nate90909
	name = Multi
	shortName = Multi
	logoPanel = WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Decals/Metal
	glowPanel = WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Decals/MetalGlow
	description = This kit stores a bit of everything!

RESOURCE
		{
		name = Dirt
		amount = 560
		maxAmount = 560
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Metals
		amount = 560
		maxAmount = 560
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = MetallicOre
		amount = 560
		maxAmount = 560
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = MetalOre
		amount = 560
		maxAmount = 560
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Ore
		amount = 560
		maxAmount = 560
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Water
		amount = 560
		maxAmount = 560
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Organics
		amount = 560
		maxAmount = 560
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Fertilizer
		amount = 560
		maxAmount = 560
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = ExoticMinerals
		amount = 560
		maxAmount = 560
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = RareMetals
		amount = 560
		maxAmount = 560
	}

RESOURCE
	{
		name = MaterialKits
		amount = 560
		maxAmount = 560
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Equipment
		amount = 560
		maxAmount = 560
	}
}

Last time I played around with this I had troubles with getting it to work.  I've since figured some stuff out, resources are distributed and it's all looking pretty cool.

Nothing fancy by any stretch compared to many of the awesome screenies that have been posted.  But this is Kerbal...if flying is an achievement, now putting up a tent is, too! :D  As well as a Pathfinder n00b, I'm also a photo inserting n00b... http://imgur.com/a/gVO3q

Edited by Doslidnyk

41 minutes ago, SR said:

In the settings there is an option called "Welding requires EVA".

What does this do and what is welding?

That's only for MOLE and DSEV, actually. They have weldable docking ports that let you weld docked spacecraft into one single craft.

8 hours ago, bdew said:

How does the reaserch in the geo lab supposed to work? I've been running it for a while, it ticked to 100%... and then just keeps going above that... nothing else happening as far as i can tell.

What's supposed to happen is that once the research is complete, Pathfinder will roll for success/failure and apply the efficiency bonus or penalty for the research. The system needs to be overhauled though, I intend to replace it with the science system I wrote for MOLE. Once completed, it'll basically work the same but use the new GUI.

Alright, its time for zome of ze questions:

(1) Playing in Simplified Mode, why do i still need equipment to inflate modules?
(2) What are those "Unplug", "Plug(Docked)" and "Plug(Undocked)" menu items on things like the Sombrero, Gaslight etc. during EVA supposed to do?
(3) Related to above, how can i "Link" multiple Sombrero, Gaslight, Dishes to one of the modules? Is it only possible to "Link" one of those to one of the Switchback Hubs?
(4) Is there a way to convert those docking points to doors? Seems like the kerbals can only enter through the doors in the tubes inbetween modules right now.
(5) What are the steps/requirements to make Equipment?

Guess that would be all for ze now :wink:

Edited by g_BonE
typos ;(

On 11/4/2016 at 7:18 AM, g_BonE said:

Alright, its time for zome of ze questions:

(1) Playing in Simplified Mode, why do i still need equipment to inflate modules?
(2) What are those "Unplug", "Plug(Docked)" and "Plug(Undocked)" menu items on things like the Sombrero, Gaslight etc. during EVA supposed to do?
(3) Related to above, how can i "Link" multiple Sombrero, Gaslight, Dishes to one of the modules? Is it only possible to "Link" one of those to one of the Switchback Hubs?
(4) Is there a way to convert those docking points to doors? Seems like the kerbals can only enter through the doors in the tubes inbetween modules right now.
(5) What are the steps/requirements to make Equipment?

Guess that would be all for ze now :wink:

1. Go to the Settings screen, select difficulty, and change the requirements there.

2. Those are for KAS. You use them to attach the part to your base after planting the part in the ground.

3. See above.

4. Not possible right now.

5. See the wiki (link on the first post).

Im pretty new to the KAS/KIS mods so do You think You can elaborate a little more? On the Sombrero, Gaslight, etc. there is a little socket which i "plug" and then connect to the Switchback Hub with "plug" this way i have a one module per switchback hub connection (on the switchback the tube/line/wire or whatever it is does not really seem to connect to the socket, it looks a little odd as this side of the connection somehow ends up beneath the base of the switchback hub). how can i connect more then one sombrero or gaslight to a switchback or if possible any other modules / part of the base?

sorry for the confusion. hope you dont mind giving a hand here.

9 hours ago, g_BonE said:

Im pretty new to the KAS/KIS mods so do You think You can elaborate a little more? On the Sombrero, Gaslight, etc. there is a little socket which i "plug" and then connect to the Switchback Hub with "plug" this way i have a one module per switchback hub connection (on the switchback the tube/line/wire or whatever it is does not really seem to connect to the socket, it looks a little odd as this side of the connection somehow ends up beneath the base of the switchback hub). how can i connect more then one sombrero or gaslight to a switchback or if possible any other modules / part of the base?

sorry for the confusion. hope you dont mind giving a hand here.

My suggestion is to read the KIS manual that comes with KIS. It will explain things much better than I can.

@Angel-125

I'm curious why , in the WBI_Sombrero, you have the following code:

//Y-axis of arrayPivot is the pivot
	//Z-axis of suncatcher2 points to the sun.
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel
		animationName = empty
		resourceName = ElectricCharge
		chargeRate = 0
		isBreakable = false
		pivotName = arrayPivot
		raycastTransformName = suncatcher2
		windResistance = 5
		trackingSpeed = 0.25		
	}

//Y-axis of sunPivot is the pivot
	//Z-axis of suncatcher points to the sun.
	MODULE
	{
		name = WBIDualAxisSolarArray
		rotationModuleIndex = 0
		animationName = Deploy
		chargeRate = 12.0
		retractable = true
		isBreakable = true
		pivotName = sunPivot
		raycastTransformName = suncatcher
		windResistance = 5
		trackingSpeed = 0.25		
	}

This causes the ModuleDeployableSolarPanel to be loaded in 2x, since the WBIDualAxisSolarArray inherits the ModuleDeployableSolarPanel.  Caused a problem in DangIt! Continued, since there were two ModuleDeployableSolarPanel when only one was expected.

Thanks

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Angel-125

I'm curious why , in the WBI_Sombrero, you have the following code:

//Y-axis of arrayPivot is the pivot
	//Z-axis of suncatcher2 points to the sun.
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel
		animationName = empty
		chargeRate = 0
		isBreakable = false
		pivotName = arrayPivot
		raycastTransformName = suncatcher2
		windResistance = 5
		trackingSpeed = 0.25		
	}

//Y-axis of sunPivot is the pivot
	//Z-axis of suncatcher points to the sun.
	MODULE
	{
		name = WBIDualAxisSolarArray
		rotationModuleIndex = 0
		animationName = Deploy
		chargeRate = 12.0
		retractable = true
		isBreakable = true
		pivotName = sunPivot
		raycastTransformName = suncatcher
		windResistance = 5
		trackingSpeed = 0.25		
	}

This causes the ModuleDeployableSolarPanel to be loaded in 2x, since the WBIDualAxisSolarArray inherits the ModuleDeployableSolarPanel.  Caused a problem in DangIt! Continued, since there were two ModuleDeployableSolarPanel when only one was expected.

Thanks

That module exists to track the sun along the solar panel's yaw axis. The Sombrero supports pitch and yaw tracking of the sun.

Hi @Angel-125 I'm trying to declutter my log and I stumble into this : "Action 'RepairLab' already defined", it happens when compiling the T.E.R.R.A.I.N Geo Scanner. Not sure if it can cause any problem or if it is some unavoidable log spam. Anyway here the relevant part of the log :

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/Science/Terrain/WBI_Terrain'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Action 'RepairLab' already defined.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

PartLoader: Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/Science/Terrain/WBI_Terrain' has no database record. Creating.

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'WBI.Terrain'

1 hour ago, Li0n said:

Hi @Angel-125 I'm trying to declutter my log and I stumble into this : "Action 'RepairLab' already defined", it happens when compiling the T.E.R.R.A.I.N Geo Scanner. Not sure if it can cause any problem or if it is some unavoidable log spam. Anyway here the relevant part of the log :

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/Science/Terrain/WBI_Terrain'

PartLoader: Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/Science/Terrain/WBI_Terrain' has no database record. Creating.

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'WBI.Terrain'

Already fixed in the upcoming release. :)

3 hours ago, Denko666 said:

Hey @Angel-125 

Which OSE Workshop do we need to use now with Pathfinder? I tried the current OSE-Workshop version, but the Blacksmith module says it cannot open the workshop gui. I also found a Workshop repo on your github; but it gives the same error.

grtz

Definitely use the official version. Mine was a temporary, to help get the workshop updated to KSP 1.2. Do you have logs?

26 minutes ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

@Angel-125 would there be a chance of adding in a greenhouse?

There are two.  :wink:  Though they work a bit differently than greenhouses in other mods - intermittent production, in large volumes, instead of continuous low-volume production.

Anyway, check the reconfigure options for the Hacienda and the Chuckwagon.  The greenhouses might require an LS mod to be active, I'm not sure.

13 minutes ago, DStaal said:

There are two.  :wink:  Though they work a bit differently than greenhouses in other mods - intermittent production, in large volumes, instead of continuous low-volume production.

Anyway, check the reconfigure options for the Hacienda and the Chuckwagon.  The greenhouses might require an LS mod to be active, I'm not sure.

So one of them would be the pigpen, but what is the second one? I cheaked the pathfinder wiki, and couldnt find any dedicated greenhouse?