Jump to content

[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience


Angel-125
 Share

Recommended Posts

i am making a minmus base using the pathfinder, buffalo and kerbal planetary system and I'm trying to assemble the walkway and I have another ship with the ESP outback fitted with equipment inside but I cant detach them off the side of the ship. 

pls help

also how do I extract the equipment out of the mule because that has equipment in it as well. people have said to use pipes but I cant find them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, planeticegaming said:

i am making a minmus base using the pathfinder, buffalo and kerbal planetary system and I'm trying to assemble the walkway and I have another ship with the ESP outback fitted with equipment inside but I cant detach them off the side of the ship. 

pls help

also how do I extract the equipment out of the mule because that has equipment in it as well. people have said to use pipes but I cant find them?

Okay...basic "is it plugged in" questions: are you using Kerbal Inventory System, and did you pack a screwdriver?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/26/2021 at 4:59 PM, capi3101 said:

Yeah, just turn on your drills and you should start seeing whatever resources you've got in the biome in which you're parked flow into your base, provided you've got somewhere to store them. Which is when I should mention that the Hacienda/Claim Jumper configuration generally works better than the stock drills, and way better than the piece of crap Buffalo drill.

More general advice:

Nuclear power. You want to get off of solar as fast as you can, and nuclear is usually reliable. As in "not going to make everybody glow in the dark if your base spontaneously combusts" reliable. Geothermal works if it's available (which it often isn't) but not as well. I usually pack along 6 SAFER reactors with my base-seeding equipment; that much provides plenty of power for a growing base, definitely enough until you can get more dedicated reactor units going, and even then they're still useful. 

A lot of how much success you'll have with a Pathfinder base depends on how much surveying work you do ahead of time. Before you put a base out there, you want to get your communications network established for the world and then get a surveying satellite in polar orbit. Make sure it's got a Narrow-Band Scanner installed (not the Survey Scanner - you want the hexagon-shaped one that spins). Since you're in CRP mode, you want to set the bandwidths to look for Rare Metals, Minerals, Rock, Metal Ore, Ore, Exotic Minerals and Uraninite and you want to keep track of the biomes in which you're seeing the materials. Rare Metals are the key - without them, you're not making Equipment in-situ, which means you won't be expanding your base without imports (you'll also need OSE Workshop installed, I believe). Minerals are used for a couple of things, such as Konkrete production. Rock is not really needed everywhere - which is good since it's actually fairly rare as a resource - but it's a fast Konkrete solution. Metal Ore you need if you're going to be using your base as a remote launch site (i.e. you also have Extraplanetary Launchpads installed). Ore is ore. Exotic Minerals is the other main ingredient for Equipment manufacture, but you can get around it if you've got Mini ISRUs available (they can be configured to make Equipment on Rare Metals only). Uraninite is for making Enriched Uranium, which you need for nuclear reactors.

When I'm done surveying, I look for areas along the equator in the biome that I want to try to inhabit. Usually I've got a biome missing some resources so I look for biome boundaries where the missing resources become available - a reason to put your base-seeding equipment on a manned rover. A way to get biome maps helps here, as they can provide you with good landing coordinates so you don't have to rove so much - places like Mun make for quite dangerous driving. 

Will keep all of that in mind, thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

So I just spent most of my night building a base on Minmus, ultimately making about half an hour's worth of progress. I just could not get Pathfinder and KAS to play nicely together. I redesigned my base to just use Pathfinder redistribution, so I don't have to use any hoses, but I can't figure out an elegant way to resupply my base. My plan was to use landers, then connect them with a hose to my base, and pump over Snacks or Equipment or whatever else I might need. But whenever I do that, pieces of my base fall off or it just explodes. And there aren't any "lander-friendly" pieces that enable resource sharing.

What would be the "canonically recommended" way of resupplying a surface base?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I have installed , played, then uninstalled pathfinder for more than 5 times. Just really can't figure out how to play with it, wiki just make me more confused. 

After install pathfinder, my KK planetary base science lab stopped working. And the lab does not have any option of reconfig.

I tried the doc commercial lab, I see it is on deflated by default, but it also have no option to inflate with a scientist on EVA. I can only select "pich it up", then the whole base which doc lab attached to went into my scientist's stock inventory (750,000L on one kerbal, LOL). When I deploy the lab from inventory (like deploying breaking ground science unit), only the lab has been dropped, other base structures including other kerbalnauts all vanished.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, theres no forum for classic stock resources mod so im gonna ask this here. im getting some errors with B9partswitcher and ..... i think calssic stock resources? i asked in their thread and they told me too update my "WBI classic stock", whjich i assume is classic stock resources. so i did and its still giving me problems. Does classic stock resources have some incompatabilities with Rational resources, or CRP? its a requirement for a couple of your mods and i cant replace it with CRP, right? or is it not necessary?

Logs:

https://gist.github.com/b5330e0437c4705ca20418765cd5ac29   ksplog

https://gist.github.com/126bf5a01e1ac44af09e60c20b18bb65 <- player.log

https://gist.github.com/4b47a2bc8a23e6db71e6c80678bf279d <- output_log.txt

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, 123nick said:

Hey, theres no forum for classic stock resources mod so im gonna ask this here. im getting some errors with B9partswitcher and ..... i think calssic stock resources? i asked in their thread and they told me too update my "WBI classic stock", whjich i assume is classic stock resources. so i did and its still giving me problems. Does classic stock resources have some incompatabilities with Rational resources, or CRP? its a requirement for a couple of your mods and i cant replace it with CRP, right? or is it not necessary?

Logs:

https://gist.github.com/b5330e0437c4705ca20418765cd5ac29   ksplog

https://gist.github.com/126bf5a01e1ac44af09e60c20b18bb65 <- player.log

https://gist.github.com/4b47a2bc8a23e6db71e6c80678bf279d <- output_log.txt

 

Classic Stock Resources is incompatible with the Community Resource Pack, but I think there should be alternate configs for Angel-125's mods that allow use of the CRP instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, SingABrightSong said:

Classic Stock Resources is incompatible with the Community Resource Pack, but I think there should be alternate configs for Angel-125's mods that allow use of the CRP instead.

Thanks! i tried removing it and yeah, no more errors. Do i just set WBI playmode too CRP in this case then? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, 123nick said:

Thanks! i tried removing it and yeah, no more errors. Do i just set WBI playmode too CRP in this case then? 

I believe so yea, might also want to install the configs for Pathfinder as well or whatever mods you're using

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SingABrightSong said:

I believe so yea, might also want to install the configs for Pathfinder as well or whatever mods you're using

where can i find the configs for pathfinder? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want EPL features in Pathfinder, but im not personally a big fan of a lot of the EPL Parts. If i install EPL but ONLY the plugin, and delete all the non-EVA parts (so the mallet and survey stakes stay), will pathfinder have the necessary parts too replace most if not every function in EPL? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 123nick said:

I want EPL features in Pathfinder, but im not personally a big fan of a lot of the EPL Parts. If i install EPL but ONLY the plugin, and delete all the non-EVA parts (so the mallet and survey stakes stay), will pathfinder have the necessary parts too replace most if not every function in EPL? 

Yup!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

is there a way to download pathfinder and not have the buffalo parts as well as I use Feline rover parts as it has hover engines for rover which work amazingly and i dont really need the buffalo parts as i just want the extendable parts to expand my bases and long term landers which kerbal planetary system doesn't incorporate those kinds of parts and the other mods that include parts like pathfinder's extendable parts don't have as great quality with textures and IVAs

also one thing that would make this mod even better is filtering all parts if selected into the side tab instead of having 5000 parts in utility just from buffalo and pathfinder, something like what kerbal planetary system did with their parts if enabled.

 

a very good mod tho!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, planeticegaming said:

 *skipped*

something like what kerbal planetary system did with their parts if enabled.

Both mods have personal categories with Filter Extensions+CCK installed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right ladies and gentleman, i have a 3 day problem here. 

So im back after several years of a break, and just did a flat out reinstall ground up. everything is fresh and manually downloaded from git hub , correct parts and no duplicates (hours checking that) and long story short wbitools dosent work.

 

The button is there to Reconfigure storage on the parts that have storage, but it done nothing. there is no button on the ksc to open the dialogue for changing play styles either, though ive tried crp, classic and pristine manually editing the play modes file. but no solution. i think its the load order but ill be badgered if i ccan find it.

so the details, 
installed mods and files 

Spoiler

12/07/2021  12.51    <DIR>          000_USITools
12/07/2021  17.07            14ÿ336 666_ModuleManagerWatchDog.dll
12/07/2021  17.07    <DIR>          999_KSP-Recall
12/07/2021  16.53             5ÿ120 999_Scale_Redist.dll
12/07/2021  11.54    <DIR>          Ablative-Airbrake
13/07/2021  00.47    <DIR>          B9AnimationModules
13/07/2021  00.47    <DIR>          B9_Aerospace_HX
12/07/2021  13.02    <DIR>          B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings
12/07/2021  11.54    <DIR>          B9_HX_Reconfig
12/07/2021  11.53    <DIR>          Benjee10_X-37B
12/07/2021  16.20    <DIR>          BetterBurnTime
12/07/2021  11.54    <DIR>          BonVoyage
12/07/2021  11.48    <DIR>          CommunityCategoryKit
12/07/2021  11.48    <DIR>          CommunityResourcePack
12/07/2021  16.23    <DIR>          ContractConfigurator
12/07/2021  13.08    <DIR>          ContractPacks
13/07/2021  00.34    <DIR>          CraftManager
12/07/2021  13.19    <DIR>          DeepSky
12/07/2021  12.50    <DIR>          DMagicOrbitalScience
12/07/2021  11.50    <DIR>          Endurance
12/07/2021  13.19    <DIR>          EnduranceReconfig
12/07/2021  12.50    <DIR>          ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads
12/07/2021  11.47    <DIR>          Firespitter
12/07/2021  11.53    <DIR>          FruitBatIndustries
12/07/2021  11.48    <DIR>          HLAirships
12/07/2021  13.11    <DIR>          IXSWarpShipOS
12/07/2021  13.12    <DIR>          IXSWarshipsBlueshift
12/07/2021  23.32    <DIR>          JanitorsCloset
12/07/2021  11.55    <DIR>          JSI
12/07/2021  11.53    <DIR>          KAS
14/07/2021  22.01    <DIR>          KerbalEngineer
12/07/2021  11.55    <DIR>          KerbalReusabilityExpansion
12/07/2021  11.48    <DIR>          KIS
12/07/2021  12.04    <DIR>          Knes
12/07/2021  11.55            10ÿ240 KSPModFileLocalizer.dll
12/07/2021  11.54    <DIR>          KSTS
13/07/2021  00.25    <DIR>          KXAPI
14/07/2021  22.28                 0 listing.txt
12/07/2021  11.53    <DIR>          MechJeb2
12/07/2021  16.19    <DIR>          MechJebForAll
12/07/2021  11.47           141ÿ312 ModuleManager.4.1.4.dll
14/07/2021  22.01        19ÿ934ÿ494 ModuleManager.ConfigCache
14/07/2021  22.01           812ÿ962 ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
14/07/2021  22.01             9ÿ164 ModuleManager.Physics
14/07/2021  22.01            36ÿ364 ModuleManager.TechTree
12/07/2021  23.33    <DIR>          ModuleManagerWatchDog
12/07/2021  11.54    <DIR>          NavyFish
12/07/2021  11.46    <DIR>          NearFutureProps
12/07/2021  11.48    <DIR>          NearFutureSolar
12/07/2021  17.11    <DIR>          OPT
13/07/2021  00.23    <DIR>          OPT_Legacy
12/07/2021  11.55    <DIR>          PlanetaryBaseInc
12/07/2021  12.50    <DIR>          ProceduralFairings
12/07/2021  13.08    <DIR>          PWBFuelBalancerRestored
12/07/2021  11.48    <DIR>          REPOSoftTech
12/07/2021  11.47    <DIR>          RetractableLiftingSurface
12/07/2021  11.47    <DIR>          scatterer
12/07/2021  12.50    <DIR>          ScienceRelay
07/07/2021  14.30    <DIR>          Squad
03/04/2020  18.54    <DIR>          SquadExpansion
12/07/2021  12.54    <DIR>          StageRecovery
12/07/2021  11.52    <DIR>          StationScience
12/07/2021  11.48    <DIR>          SXT
14/07/2021  16.22    <DIR>          ThunderAerospace
12/07/2021  12.55    <DIR>          Trajectories
12/07/2021  12.43    <DIR>          Tundra-ExplorationV5.0
12/07/2021  23.33    <DIR>          TweakScale
12/07/2021  12.51    <DIR>          UmbraSpaceIndustries
12/07/2021  13.11    <DIR>          Waterfall
14/07/2021  22.01                39 WBIPlayMode.cfg
14/07/2021  21.58    <DIR>          WildBlueIndustries
              10 File(s)     20ÿ964ÿ031 bytes
              63 Dir(s)  88ÿ547ÿ450ÿ880 bytes free
 

and in wbi 
 

Spoiler

14/07/2021  21.47    <DIR>          000ABARISBridgeDoNotDelete
14/07/2021  21.47    <DIR>          000WildBlueTools
14/07/2021  21.47    <DIR>          001KerbalActuators
14/07/2021  21.59    <DIR>          Blueshift
14/07/2021  21.47    <DIR>          Buffalo
14/07/2021  21.52    <DIR>          DSEV
14/07/2021  21.57    <DIR>          FlyingSaucers
14/07/2021  21.51    <DIR>          Heisenberg
14/07/2021  21.52    <DIR>          KerbalKISItems
14/07/2021  22.30                 0 listing.txt
14/07/2021  21.54    <DIR>          MCM
14/07/2021  21.58    <DIR>          Mk-33
14/07/2021  21.49    <DIR>          MOLE
14/07/2021  21.46    <DIR>          Pathfinder
14/07/2021  21.54    <DIR>          Sandcastle
14/07/2021  21.52    <DIR>          SunkWorks
               1 File(s)              0 bytes
              17 Dir(s)  88ÿ547ÿ340ÿ288 bytes free

logs
KSP https://drive.google.com/file/d/1owpv3W5VflblWM75tW7Ls4GRn8JgMvE6/view?usp=sharing
MM Patch https://drive.google.com/file/d/1byAmMLtZQNno4OXPeVKioF7QrWzFKeJx/view?usp=sharing
ModualManager https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_w1K8jpkNYJTZRq2CgGqztDVln-mhyqG/view?usp=sharing

please help, im loosing my mind after 3 days of this and a week of ckan, b4 sacking that off as a lost cause
 

Edited by Space Kadet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

Right ladies and gentleman, i have a 3 day problem here. 

So im back after several years of a break, and just did a flat out reinstall ground up. everything is fresh and manually downloaded from git hub , correct parts and no duplicates (hours checking that) and long story short wbitools dosent work.

 

The button is there to Reconfigure storage on the parts that have storage, but it done nothing. there is no button on the ksc to open the dialogue for changing play styles either, though ive tried crp, classic and pristine manually editing the play modes file. but no solution. i think its the load order but ill be badgered if i ccan find it.

so the details, 
installed mods and files 

  Reveal hidden contents

12/07/2021  12.51    <DIR>          000_USITools
12/07/2021  17.07            14ÿ336 666_ModuleManagerWatchDog.dll
12/07/2021  17.07    <DIR>          999_KSP-Recall
12/07/2021  16.53             5ÿ120 999_Scale_Redist.dll
12/07/2021  11.54    <DIR>          Ablative-Airbrake
13/07/2021  00.47    <DIR>          B9AnimationModules
13/07/2021  00.47    <DIR>          B9_Aerospace_HX
12/07/2021  13.02    <DIR>          B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings
12/07/2021  11.54    <DIR>          B9_HX_Reconfig
12/07/2021  11.53    <DIR>          Benjee10_X-37B
12/07/2021  16.20    <DIR>          BetterBurnTime
12/07/2021  11.54    <DIR>          BonVoyage
12/07/2021  11.48    <DIR>          CommunityCategoryKit
12/07/2021  11.48    <DIR>          CommunityResourcePack
12/07/2021  16.23    <DIR>          ContractConfigurator
12/07/2021  13.08    <DIR>          ContractPacks
13/07/2021  00.34    <DIR>          CraftManager
12/07/2021  13.19    <DIR>          DeepSky
12/07/2021  12.50    <DIR>          DMagicOrbitalScience
12/07/2021  11.50    <DIR>          Endurance
12/07/2021  13.19    <DIR>          EnduranceReconfig
12/07/2021  12.50    <DIR>          ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads
12/07/2021  11.47    <DIR>          Firespitter
12/07/2021  11.53    <DIR>          FruitBatIndustries
12/07/2021  11.48    <DIR>          HLAirships
12/07/2021  13.11    <DIR>          IXSWarpShipOS
12/07/2021  13.12    <DIR>          IXSWarshipsBlueshift
12/07/2021  23.32    <DIR>          JanitorsCloset
12/07/2021  11.55    <DIR>          JSI
12/07/2021  11.53    <DIR>          KAS
14/07/2021  22.01    <DIR>          KerbalEngineer
12/07/2021  11.55    <DIR>          KerbalReusabilityExpansion
12/07/2021  11.48    <DIR>          KIS
12/07/2021  12.04    <DIR>          Knes
12/07/2021  11.55            10ÿ240 KSPModFileLocalizer.dll
12/07/2021  11.54    <DIR>          KSTS
13/07/2021  00.25    <DIR>          KXAPI
14/07/2021  22.28                 0 listing.txt
12/07/2021  11.53    <DIR>          MechJeb2
12/07/2021  16.19    <DIR>          MechJebForAll
12/07/2021  11.47           141ÿ312 ModuleManager.4.1.4.dll
14/07/2021  22.01        19ÿ934ÿ494 ModuleManager.ConfigCache
14/07/2021  22.01           812ÿ962 ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
14/07/2021  22.01             9ÿ164 ModuleManager.Physics
14/07/2021  22.01            36ÿ364 ModuleManager.TechTree
12/07/2021  23.33    <DIR>          ModuleManagerWatchDog
12/07/2021  11.54    <DIR>          NavyFish
12/07/2021  11.46    <DIR>          NearFutureProps
12/07/2021  11.48    <DIR>          NearFutureSolar
12/07/2021  17.11    <DIR>          OPT
13/07/2021  00.23    <DIR>          OPT_Legacy
12/07/2021  11.55    <DIR>          PlanetaryBaseInc
12/07/2021  12.50    <DIR>          ProceduralFairings
12/07/2021  13.08    <DIR>          PWBFuelBalancerRestored
12/07/2021  11.48    <DIR>          REPOSoftTech
12/07/2021  11.47    <DIR>          RetractableLiftingSurface
12/07/2021  11.47    <DIR>          scatterer
12/07/2021  12.50    <DIR>          ScienceRelay
07/07/2021  14.30    <DIR>          Squad
03/04/2020  18.54    <DIR>          SquadExpansion
12/07/2021  12.54    <DIR>          StageRecovery
12/07/2021  11.52    <DIR>          StationScience
12/07/2021  11.48    <DIR>          SXT
14/07/2021  16.22    <DIR>          ThunderAerospace
12/07/2021  12.55    <DIR>          Trajectories
12/07/2021  12.43    <DIR>          Tundra-ExplorationV5.0
12/07/2021  23.33    <DIR>          TweakScale
12/07/2021  12.51    <DIR>          UmbraSpaceIndustries
12/07/2021  13.11    <DIR>          Waterfall
14/07/2021  22.01                39 WBIPlayMode.cfg
14/07/2021  21.58    <DIR>          WildBlueIndustries
              10 File(s)     20ÿ964ÿ031 bytes
              63 Dir(s)  88ÿ547ÿ450ÿ880 bytes free
 

and in wbi 
 

  Reveal hidden contents

14/07/2021  21.47    <DIR>          000ABARISBridgeDoNotDelete
14/07/2021  21.47    <DIR>          000WildBlueTools
14/07/2021  21.47    <DIR>          001KerbalActuators
14/07/2021  21.59    <DIR>          Blueshift
14/07/2021  21.47    <DIR>          Buffalo
14/07/2021  21.52    <DIR>          DSEV
14/07/2021  21.57    <DIR>          FlyingSaucers
14/07/2021  21.51    <DIR>          Heisenberg
14/07/2021  21.52    <DIR>          KerbalKISItems
14/07/2021  22.30                 0 listing.txt
14/07/2021  21.54    <DIR>          MCM
14/07/2021  21.58    <DIR>          Mk-33
14/07/2021  21.49    <DIR>          MOLE
14/07/2021  21.46    <DIR>          Pathfinder
14/07/2021  21.54    <DIR>          Sandcastle
14/07/2021  21.52    <DIR>          SunkWorks
               1 File(s)              0 bytes
              17 Dir(s)  88ÿ547ÿ340ÿ288 bytes free

logs
KSP https://drive.google.com/file/d/1owpv3W5VflblWM75tW7Ls4GRn8JgMvE6/view?usp=sharing
MM Patch https://drive.google.com/file/d/1byAmMLtZQNno4OXPeVKioF7QrWzFKeJx/view?usp=sharing
ModualManager https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_w1K8jpkNYJTZRq2CgGqztDVln-mhyqG/view?usp=sharing

please help, im loosing my mind after 3 days of this and a week of ckan, b4 sacking that off as a lost cause
 

Welcome back! What version of KSP are you using?  Mods aren’t updated to 1.12 yet. They work on 1.11.2. Be sure to manually install from GitHub since CKAN needs some configuration updates 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Welcome back! What version of KSP are you using?  Mods aren’t updated to 1.12 yet. They work on 1.11.2. Be sure to manually install from GitHub since CKAN needs some configuration updates 

and you have solved the problem, ksp is the latest. ty !

As for ckan, i just dont bother, its doog for small modders, but with the ammount i put in it never works right and its faster doing it with the old elbow lard.

ill roll it back and give a go, its been 2 years since i started it, so many mod updates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

and you have solved the problem, ksp is the latest. ty !

As for ckan, i just dont bother, its doog for small modders, but with the ammount i put in it never works right and its faster doing it with the old elbow lard.

ill roll it back and give a go, its been 2 years since i started it, so many mod updates.

My suggestion is to install all the WBI mods you want, and at the end, install Wild Blue Tools to ensure that it is the latest. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

My suggestion is to install all the WBI mods you want, and at the end, install Wild Blue Tools to ensure that it is the latest. :)

did, that, it was all working in 1.11.2...... then i tried to fix opt and installed b9 part switcher... not your problem now your stuff is working  FML this .... was always this hard :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...