[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

Not sure what could possibly be causing it, i thought it was a conflict with KAS using MOD+P, but after removing it, MOD+P still doesn't bring up the settings menu and there is no ingame button anywhere for accessing it without these keys, so i've been unable to access it.

58 minutes ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

Apologies if this is a known thing.  I'm just starting to get oriented with Pathfinder
Will the Walkway parts only attach to the Ponderosa IHM?  I've had no luck at all attaching it to the Hacienda or Chuckwagon.

Thanks

I haven't tried those recently, have you tried using Kerbal Inventory System/Kerbal Attachment System to attach them instead of stock EVA Construction?

11 minutes ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

I've got KAS but not KIS.  And I just figured the issue.  Where your engineer stands in relation to both parts is important.  It's right fiddly attaching the stuff with stock EVA construction.

Stock EVA Construction could've learned a thing or 3 from KIS/KAS when it came to attaching parts. Maybe KSP 2 will be better. I tend to use both systems.

@Angel-125 asking you to reach back into the ol brain cells.  Is the Ironworks Foundry on the Hacienda dependent on ExtraPlanetary Launchpads or something else?  I reconfigure to it but I don't get any of the converter bits for it.  Interestingly, converting to the Foundry from the strip miner leaves the driller in place - so I'm thinking there is not reconfiguration happening.  The cfg docs kind of looks like it's just not gonna do really anything without EL.

I've got SimpleConstruction, but that probably isn't cutting it.

3 hours ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

The Sombrero solar is trying to track Kerbol rather than the local sun.  Is this a thing that I can fix in the .cfg?

That is a limitation of the part modules that Squad built, unfortunately. I recommend going nuclear. :)

28 minutes ago, Rakete said:

Are KIS & KAS still dependencies of this mod?

Technically not a requirement but you get the best results by using them, especially for attaching parts.

Just now, Angel-125 said:

That is a limitation of the part modules that Squad built, unfortunately. I recommend going nuclear. :)

Technically not a requirement but you get the best results by using them, especially for attaching parts.

Ah well.  The Fusion reactor gives the necessary power.  Nice to have the panels for backup - not that it's needed.
I've not yet installed KIS, but yeah...  attaching the parts with the stock eva... very very fiddly.  Frustrating even. 

If folks are finding that the bases they construct suddenly get a migratory inclination - as well as the physics easing "hop", looks like there is a fix.

Look up WorldStabilizer.  It's a little old, but does still work.  It fixed the base sliding issue for my base on Alar (Nova Kirbani).

43 minutes ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

If folks are finding that the bases they construct suddenly get a migratory inclination - as well as the physics easing "hop", looks like there is a fix.

Look up WorldStabilizer.  It's a little old, but does still work.  It fixed the base sliding issue for my base on Alar (Nova Kirbani).

I also use Parking Break.

@Angel-125 I'm seeing these Exceptions after upgrading GU to 1.4

[LOG 19:24:37.416] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WildBlueIndustries/DSEV/Parts/Structural/Trusses/solarTruss/WBI_SolarTruss'
[WRN 19:24:37.420] PartLoader Warning: Variable useKopernicusSolarPanels not found in Part
[LOG 19:24:37.428] PartLoader: Part 'WildBlueIndustries/DSEV/Parts/Structural/Trusses/solarTruss/WBI_SolarTruss' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 19:24:37.428] [DragCubeSystem]: Drag cubes not found or cannot be read for part Part. Generating New drag cubes.
[LOG 19:24:37.431] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'WBI.SolarTruss'
[EXC 19:24:37.433] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleDeployablePart.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
	DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>d__34.MoveNext () (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
	<RenderDragCubesCoroutine>d__31:MoveNext()
	<SetupDragCubeCoroutine>d__46:MoveNext()
	<CompileParts>d__56:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Seeing this Exception for WBI.SolarTruss, WBI.SolarTruss2, WBI.Sombrero.  Any thoughts?

The upgrade to GU-1.4 has been very rocky for me.  There was wholesale planet movement and a lot of stuff got destroyed.  Entries in the log for "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" are something.  In 30 minutes it generated 90,000 identical Exceptions.

@Angel-125 Have you used SimpleConstruction before?  I've been using it for a while and it's pretty cool.  Unfortunately, it's not compatable with EL - though EL does show up as installed - so the RangeLand pad won't be of much use I guess.  The other stuff that NEEDS[Launchpad] does work though.

Just wondering.

22 minutes ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

@Angel-125 Have you used SimpleConstruction before?  I've been using it for a while and it's pretty cool.  Unfortunately, it's not compatable with EL - though EL does show up as installed - so the RangeLand pad won't be of much use I guess.  The other stuff that NEEDS[Launchpad] does work though.

Just wondering.

Never used it. I've always used EL and for many years my mods have supported EL directly.

49 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Never used it. I've always used EL and for many years my mods have supported EL directly.

SimpleConstruction is basically EL-lite.  It makes the docking ports into the printers and removes a lot of the overhead of EL.  If you're gonna print a whole rocket from it though, you'll need to carefully think it out.

I never really got my head wrapped around EL though, but I can't say that I really worked at it.

On 1/13/2023 at 6:22 PM, Ooglak Kerman said:

Just wondering.

Simple Construction isn't compatible with EL because it *is* EL - as in it uses the same Launchpad.dll on purpose and by design. (this is also why EL shows up as installed) It's not compatible because KSP doesn't like having multiple instances of the same dll. Any mod built to support EL will support SC automatically.

Edited by panarchist

1 hour ago, panarchist said:

Simple Construction isn't compatible with EL because it *is* EL - as in it uses the same Launchpad.dll on purpose and by design. (this is also why EL shows up as installed) It's not compatible because KSP doesn't like having multiple instances of the same dll. Any mod built to support EL will support SC automatically.

Ok.  Interesting.  I'll be needing to test this out.  Thanks for the info!

@Angel-125 I hope you can answer a few questions about the Castillo line of fine products.

Are each of the buildings designed to stand alone and be connected via the resource sharing network?  I don't seem to be able to connect a walkway to any of them

Though the Castillo itself will assemble and become operational without the necessary koncrete and equipment, the others will assemble but manage operations is not an available option.  Is this expected?  I see in the tool tips that the required resources need to be shared via the network.  At least the Castillo Factory won't even let me turn on resource sharing.  I'm probably missing something here though.

I'm guessing that the Ponderosa/Hacienda/Chuckwagon bits are key to kick starting the Castillo fine line of products?