[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

You can use the strip miner to get the rare metals and exotic minerals. It's on the Claimjumper. I forgot that I deleted the dirt processor once I made the prospector...

Gotcha! Won't be able to strip mine it at this base, none of either ingredient in this biome, but I can get it sorted a different way.

I am having problem with inflating building if put one down and right click on it to inflate it and menu pops up but i cant click on any button i try hook it up to rover that has supplies equipment battery solar panels and noting i do can inflate building I do have large mod list main thing are all USI mods + USI Life support 

12 hours ago, Arigitine said:

I am having problem with inflating building if put one down and right click on it to inflate it and menu pops up but i cant click on any button i try hook it up to rover that has supplies equipment battery solar panels and noting i do can inflate building I do have large mod list main thing are all USI mods + USI Life support 

Hey there. It sounds like you just need to take an engineer on EVA to do the inflating. Pretty sure Pathfinder works by having a Kerbal on the outside do the expanding, rather than just being connected to a manned pod.

34 minutes ago, Arigitine said:

I tried that soon as i open ui it gets stuck on screen and cant click on any buttons i think there mod conflict some where i was hoping someone else has had the problem which save me a lot time test one mod at time to find it:(

Oh, I understand. Hard to say right away. Before deleting a bunch of mods, maybe leave a picture of your gamedata folder and a link to a copy of your KSP log after trying it? Maybe even just the picture of the GameData folder, because it sounds like an install issue.

The path should be:

GameData

-> WildBlueIndustries

-> Pathfinder
    -> 000WildBlueTools
    -> 000ABARISBridgeDoNotDelete
    -> 001KerbalActuators

Those last 4 should all be in the WildBlueIndustries folder.

1 hour ago, Arigitine said:
Game Data
Wild Blue
it wont let me post log on here for some reason :/

The file that is the log is often too big for the forum software, so it's usually best to upload the KSP.txt file to something like Dropbox, then leave a link here. Nothing immediately seems wrong, but maybe someone else knows of a conflict among those files. I also have most of the USI mods involved (not the LS, but it shouldn't matter), so it shouldn't be that.

Ok Thx Here is log file link

Log File

After many hours of testing mods i found if i remove surface experiment pack pathfinder seems to be working. Everything on SEP works fine far as i can see its only Pathfinder that not working right. I did a test with KIS KAS Pathfinder and SEP and it worked fine so there 3rd mod maybe more cause this problem. I am hoping log file will have answers. Thx for any help.

Edited by Arigitine

54 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Hmm, I see I need to add a "disable pad" mechanism to EL.

Yes, that would really be helpful. I tried dynamically adding the part module via my teamplate switching but EL didn't recognize it. If I could disable the pad while the box is packed, that would really help. :)

@Angel-125: I have just pushed changes implementing that control interface. Untested, but documented in EL_Manual (5.2.1). WORD OF WARNING: I have also finally done a big renaming of modules and some parts replacing the "Ex" prefix with "EL" (yeah, next EL update will have a major version bump).

I have also documented the UnmannedProductivity field for workshops.

2 hours ago, taniwha said:

@Angel-125: I have just pushed changes implementing that control interface. Untested, but documented in EL_Manual (5.2.1). WORD OF WARNING: I have also finally done a big renaming of modules and some parts replacing the "Ex" prefix with "EL" (yeah, next EL update will have a major version bump).

Much appreciated, thank you. :)

4 hours ago, taniwha said:

so i can make manufacturing drones? *insane genious cackles* 

so i was messing aobut with a planet pack last night, i have so many ideas!

7 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

so i can make manufacturing drones? *insane genious cackles* 

so i was messing aobut with a planet pack last night, i have so many ideas!

One use of that feature in Pathfinder are 3D printers to make the permanent Pathfinder buildings: Sandcastle. Something like this:

lavahive.jpg

I have wanted to make something like the lavahive for awhile and @taniwha‘s changes make that possible. :) 

The idea is that you design a base in the editor like you do now with rockets and print on site with a 3d printer. No kerbals needed. The idea being that you have automated rovers built from Buffalo parts on site making konkrete and RocketParts and other rovers to 3d print your base. Or just one big rover...

I think it could be as simple as using recipies for specific parts but I have never tried that with EL. It looks that way based on the manual..If so then the Sandcastle parts are made from konkrete while other parts use traditional RocketParts, and the 3d printer becomes a lot more versatile.

Not sure how you tell the printer where to print but I suspect I need to make the 3d printer work like the new construction pad- specify a transform that serves as the spawn point. That would be convenient because then the 3d printer becomes a mobile construction pad if you mount it to a Buffalo chassis :) 

Anyway, once I finish up DSEV I can focus on Sandcastle. At the very least I can finish Odyssey Three and make the printing parts... Just jazzed that the EL updates open some really great doors. :) I’m still trying to figure out if the printed parts are cubes like the Firma mod or rigid parts like the above picture. Cubes are more flexible but your part count and lag will suffer. Rigid parts are less flexible but allow me to use existing IVAs.

More reference 

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/gnmtc

Edited by Angel-125

30 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

One use of that feature in Pathfinder are 3D printere to make the permanent Pathfinder buildings: Sandcastle. Something like this:

lavahive.jpgI have wanted to make something like the lavahive for awhile and @taniwha‘s changes make that possible. :) 

The idea is that you design a base in the editor like you do now with rockets and print on site with a 3d printer. No kerbals needed. The idea being that you have automated rovers built from Buffalo parts on site making konkrete and RocketParts and other rovers to 3d print your base. Or just one big rover...

I think it could be as simple as using recipies for specific parts but I have never tried that with EL. It looks that way based on the manual..If so then the Sandcastle parts are made from konkrete while other parts use traditional RocketParts, and the 3d printer becomes a lot more versatile.

Not sure how you tell the printer where to print but I suspect I need to make the 3d printer work like the new construction pad- specify a transform that serves as the spawn point. That would be convenient because then the 3d printer becomes a mobile construction pad if you mount it to a Buffalo chassis :) 

Anyway, once I finish up DSEV I can focus on Sandcastle. At the very least I can finish Odyssey Three and make the printing parts... Just jazzed that the EL updates open some really great doors. :) I’m still trying to figure out if the printed parts are cubes like the Firma mod or rigid parts like the above picture. Cubes are more flexible but your part count and lag will suffer. Rigid parts are less flexible but allow me to use existing IVAs.

More reference 

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/gnmtc

could you make it point to a construction stake, but replace the stake instead of building on top of it. similar to the routing construction mod dose, but using epl.

4 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

could you make it point to a construction stake, but replace the stake instead of building on top of it. similar to the routing construction mod dose, but using epl.

Right now you specify a spawn point that tells EL where to spawn the vessel. That big construction pad I added in the last update has that spawn point on top of the part. I could just as easily set that point way off to the side or the front. You can see what I mean when you crated a vessel with the pad deflated. The 3d printer would work the same: its spawn point is way in front of the part.

@taniwha Am I correct in that the EL_Recipie node goes in the config file that defines a part? Also, what does the structure field do? I couldn’t quite understand from the manual.

1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

You can see what I mean when you crated a vessel with the pad deflated.

Who would do such a thing, thats cheating, i would never..... by the way could you raise that spawn point on the open pad a ft or so i keep having the pad expload because of me legs..... 

4 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

Who would do such a thing, thats cheating, i would never..... by the way could you raise that spawn point on the open pad a ft or so i keep having the pad expload because of me legs..... 

Yup, can raise that up a bit. Even better would be an in game way to modify the spawn position manually. :)

Edited by Angel-125

I've noticed that deployed legs and (deployable?) wheels spawn incorrectly. I need to look into EL's bounding box checks: I suspect they're grabbing the wrong box. On pads, I'm not so keen on manual adjustment of the height because the height is meant to be automatically determined such that the spawned vessel is just barely touching the pad.

@Angel-125: Yes, EL_Recipe goes into the relevant part's cfg (ie, actually in the PART { ... } block (along with the part's resource and module nodes), not just the same file). As for "structure", I guess the description might not be clear enough. The idea is that the part will be made up of its basic structure plus the modules that go into the part. EL_Recipe describes the ratios between the part's structure and its various PartModules. As an example, EL's big blue workshop might have the following (fanciful) recipe:

EL_Recipe {
    ELWorkshop = 9
    structure = 6
    Resources {
        StructuralPanels = 3
        StructuralFrame = 3
    }
}

And elsewhere (EL_ModuleRecipes are "global", since all numbers in recipes are used to resource ratios rather than absolute amounts), would be a module recipe for the workshop:

EL_ModuleRecipe {
    name = ELWorkshop
    Resources {
        HeavyEquipment = 8
        PrecisionTools = 1
    }
}

These put the structure (essentially, the hull itself, flooring, etc (up to the recipe designer, really)) at 40% of the workshop's mass, and 60% is the equipment that makes the part a workshop rather than an empty shell. The workshop parts are then made up of 88.9% heavy equipment (lathes, milling machines, etc) and 11.1% precision tools (measuring equipment, cutting tips for the lathes and milling machines, etc).

Of course, such a setup would be a bit off for the workbench, but module recipes are meant to ease the recipe writer's job, not tie his hands: the part's EL_Recipe node could just as easily specify only structure for its components and then put all the specialized resources in its Resources node if a custom part recipe is needed. Think of module recipes as include files :).

Anyway, the structure field is for specifying the portion of the part that is NOT made up of PartModules. I hope that makes sense.

[edit] Actually, while the name (and usage, since it's standalone) is different, EL_KerbalRecipe is the same as EL_Recipe: as far as KSP (and thus EL) is concerned, kerbals are parts. Thus EL_KerbalRecipe is a more concrete example, just one where the recipe node is not in a part config.

Edited by taniwha