[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

Deploying the Castillo parts in orbit is something intended, but the current plugin design isn’t allowing for it. When 1.8 hits I’ll address that. For OSE Workshop, the workaround fixes should be enough for now; also planning to wait until 1.8 is released before updating a few things. My modding time is very limited right now so I’m trying to make efficient use of my time..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally got up to KSP v.1.8.1 with Pathfinder 1.34.0 a few days ago - can join y'all in the real world for a bit.

Got a texture issue going on with some of the Castillos:

dXQagIj.png

Now, this is Deepwater Horizon - which at this point is a venerable base (I only have one other that's older). I'll be putting up a new base on Moho sometime in the next week or two and I'll look to see if this happens there too when the time comes. Just thought I'd report it though.

Also noted that the Recycler in the Blacksmith appears to be non-functional at the moment; it pulls up a blank window when i attempt to access it via the right-click menu. Haven't tried via Manage Operations yet.

Print times appear to have gone way up in the Blacksmith; I did a test run with the four orange-suits in Sandbox mode and could only get about 2.5 productivity. Took forty minutes to print up a Doc - it used to only take 4-5 minutes under the same conditions in 1.32.4, which was the last version I was using. Was that a change to Pathfinder or was it one of the dependencies?

2 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Finally got up to KSP v.1.8.1 with Pathfinder 1.34.0 a few days ago - can join y'all in the real world for a bit.

Got a texture issue going on with some of the Castillos:

dXQagIj.png

Now, this is Deepwater Horizon - which at this point is a venerable base (I only have one other that's older). I'll be putting up a new base on Moho sometime in the next week or two and I'll look to see if this happens there too when the time comes. Just thought I'd report it though.

Also noted that the Recycler in the Blacksmith appears to be non-functional at the moment; it pulls up a blank window when i attempt to access it via the right-click menu. Haven't tried via Manage Operations yet.

Print times appear to have gone way up in the Blacksmith; I did a test run with the four orange-suits in Sandbox mode and could only get about 2.5 productivity. Took forty minutes to print up a Doc - it used to only take 4-5 minutes under the same conditions in 1.32.4, which was the last version I was using. Was that a change to Pathfinder or was it one of the dependencies?

The Blacksmith relies on the Workshop mod that is now maintained by Linuxgurugamer. You can change productivity in the Blacksmith and Clockworks config files that come with Pathfinder. It also sounds like I missed a texture map when converting them over to the now required dx5 format. Life is really busy fir me right now but I might have time this weekend to fix that.

40 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

The Blacksmith relies on the Workshop mod that is now maintained by Linuxgurugamer. You can change productivity in the Blacksmith and Clockworks config files that come with Pathfinder. It also sounds like I missed a texture map when converting them over to the now required dx5 format. Life is really busy fir me right now but I might have time this weekend to fix that.

I do have OSE Workshop Reworked 1.2.13 installed; sounds like there were some other folks over there having issues with recycling so I'll try over there as well. Which values adjust the productivity?

1 minute ago, capi3101 said:

I do have OSE Workshop Reworked 1.2.13 installed; sounds like there were some other folks over there having issues with recycling so I'll try over there as well. Which values adjust the productivity?

Offhand I don’t recall but there is something like a consumption rate.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Offhand I don’t recall but there is something like a consumption rate.

Alright. I'll look for it.

Something else I've recalled over my lunch break from mod testing prior to my move to 1.8.1 a few days ago - I think the Chuckwagons are getting stored using their inflated volumes again; when I built the Usumacinta and Sleipnir A bases in KSP 1.6.1 I was able to move all of the base equipment into a storage Chuckwagon immediately prior to assembly but I was unable to do so on the test article in KSP 1.8.1, with the 'wagon saying it was too full when I tried to move some other Chuckwagons in. Later on during construction, the same thing happened when I tried to move a wagon to a Casa temporarily, and when I was moving one to a Hacienda for temporary storage, I noted the used volume jumped to something like 1,100 L or so. I'll take some screenies to verify that's what's going on.

Edited by capi3101

So, the distance with which I can connect Mineshaft crew tubes seems to have been rather significantly decreased...

egTb4Z6.png%C2%A0

Used to be that I could connect them at distances up to thirty meters. Curious if this was an intended change to the things or not; my designs all kinda depend on the thirty-meter distance...

On the other hand, I approve of the vastly simplified linking mechanics...

Texture issues are there with the main Castillo domes and the Depots; the Factory looks okay. The Observatory looks a little dark from the outside but I think it's okay also.

Still need to gather screenies on Chuckwagon storage as per my previous post - haven't done that yet.

EDIT: Might've found the issue with the Mineshafts - line 151 reads "maxLinkLength = 5". I've adjusted that to "maxLinkLength = 50" (old value was 50 apparently) and I'll see what that does.

EDIT EDIT: That worked.

Edited by capi3101

Noted an issue with the back KAS port on Haciendas. They don't want to play nicely with Mineshafts.

LFT5s8D.png

Same thing happened while I was doing pre-migration tests; didn't think anything of it then. I don't ordinarily put Mineshafts on this particular Hacienda node so I don't know if this was extant behavior or not; might go back to my 1.6.x save to test that. My 1.6.x save was using Pathfinder 1.32, for the record.

I have noted that nothing wants to do anything besides surface attach to the "luggage rack" portion of Chuckwagons - tried this with all the boxed parts at one time or another as well as Sombreros, Mini ISRUs and Gaslights in 1.6.1/Pathfinder 1.32 and that behavior seems to have carried over to KSP 1.8.1/Pathfinder 1.34. 

For the heck of it, earlier today I turned off the lights on one of my Castillo domes; the dome's appearance returned to normal, so whatever is going on with them right now has to do with whatever governs the way things look with the lights on. Figured I should share that particular observation.

AHL9m6Y.png
Sleipnir A on Dres - the lights on the Castillo dome are shut off; the rest of the lights are on. 

This is one of my favorite mods for KSP, it has the perfect level of complexity, not too complex but just enough to make it challenging to get everything.

I do have something I need help with. My Kerbals can walk though my inflated Casa modules as well as not being able to surface attach anything via KAS. If there is some simple way to fix it, please help me out. I am in KSP 1.3.1 with pathfinder version 1.21.

Also, this has been a longstanding problem, whenever I click 'Manage Operations' on my Ponderosa module and Claim Jumper Hacienda module it doesn't open and instead adds a 'start prospector' button to the right click menu. I can use the Pathfinder button to use it but that doesn't seem like that is supposed to happen.

Lastly, I am just curious, why did Angel-125 stop supporting CRP? What factors caused him to stop supporting it?

Thank you.

On 1/26/2020 at 7:46 PM, Titan 3001 said:

This is one of my favorite mods for KSP, it has the perfect level of complexity, not too complex but just enough to make it challenging to get everything.

Angel and I would completely agree with this statement. :)

I do have something I need help with. My Kerbals can walk though my inflated Casa modules as well as not being able to surface attach anything via KAS. If there is some simple way to fix it, please help me out. I am in KSP 1.3.1 with pathfinder version 1.21.

Also, this has been a longstanding problem, whenever I click 'Manage Operations' on my Ponderosa module and Claim Jumper Hacienda module it doesn't open and instead adds a 'start prospector' button to the right click menu. I can use the Pathfinder button to use it but that doesn't seem like that is supposed to happen.

Angel doesn't provide tech support that far back. Upgrade your game. Those problems were fixed between KSP 1.4 and 1.5.

Lastly, I am just curious, why did Angel-125 stop supporting CRP? What factors caused him to stop supporting it?

There are reasons that should not be shared openly. The best answer to his problems was to create a resource system under his own control and with only a small set of resources which are immediately important to the workings of his mods.

His mods default to Classic Stock but most of them still have a facility to change to use CRP. The exceptions to this are his Kerbal Flying Saucers, anything else futuristic, and any new mods he has "coming soon(tm)."

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Alright - finally got around to collecting some hard data on the issues with Chuckwagons I noted in my third post from January 14th; looks like it might be more than just the Chuckwagons that are affected. Data's strictly empirical. Took screenies and there's a lot of them; my apologies in advance for that.

So, this is first screenshot is my TBD 7e base-seeding rover in KSP version 1.6.1 with Pathfinder 1.32.4. It's based off two Buffalo Wagons; the forward wagon is configured for Equipment while the second is set for Storage and contains the rest of the things I take with me to seed my bases - 3 Haciendas (2 Claim Jumpers and an Ironworks), 1 Casa (Geology Lab), a KAS Screwdriver, a Saddle, 4 Chuckwagons (no prior configuration), 1 Rangeland, 1 Buckboard (Material Kits), 1 Pondarosa (Blacksmith), 6 SAFER reactors and 17 Gaslights. Total storage volume is 12,427 L, within the storage limit of the Wagon. 

gifUbDN.png
TBD 7e in KSP 1.6.1 and Pathfinder 1.32.4

Second screenshot is the same craft deployed operationally in KSP 1.8.1 using Pathfinder 1.34.0. You'll notice that the stored volume has gone up quite a bit, to 41,331 L.

KR2z7aE.png 
Bit of a jump there.

What I did next was to take screenshots as I began building this particular base and watched to see how much the stored volume changes. My usual base-building process begins with the deployment of the Saddle and Pondarosa. I came to the conclusion that the Saddle current registers 100 liters (normal, I think), while the Pondarosa is registering 881 L.

UlvMARw.png%C2%A0

17qaqZJ.png

Once those are positioned, I remove a Mineshaft from the rover and attach it to the side of the Pondarosa, then connect to the rover using a second Mineshaft. This gets the Pondy access to the rover's Equipment supply and allows me to inflate it. But I also usually take the opportunity to pull one of the Chuckwagons out of storage, configure it for Storage and move all the equipment out of the Wagon into the Chuckwagon (to make it easier to transfer over to the nascent base - you can transfer items internally out of a Chuckwagon but not a Wagon). Using the same method, I calculated the values for each equipment type as follows:

TiitHeY.png
Chuckwagon = 4273 L

dFgo0nW.png
Hacienda = 4321 L

n4P7iAA.png
Casa = 1649 L

6nXMxI1.png
Rangeland = 1100 L

7f3hze1.png
Buckboard = 1100 L

jdaXMt0.png
SAFER = 366.3L each (which sounds right)

jdaXMt0.png
Gaslight = 250 L each (which also sounds right)

So it sounds like it's mainly the Chuckwagons and Haciendas that are currently showing higher values than they were. I'd have to go back and double-check on some of the others. Anyways, I hope this is useful information. Was an increase in the storage volume of these parts intended in either Pathfinder 1.33.x or 1.34.0?

Edited by capi3101
formatting issues, correcting.

Alright. I can deal with it for that long; just wanted to report it though.

Something else that has cropped up today for me is that a little more pressing - items are getting 'stuck' at the tail end of printing in the Blacksmith again; it's the same thing that @MoonstreamInSpace reported on the OSE Workshop Reworked thread on September 20th, where the print gets all the way to 100% and an ample supply of MaterialsKits are present but the item doesn't finish printing. Log file of my last session is available here. Made two attempts to print a Casa, both failed at the same point. Second time around I did pause printing for a little bit while additional Materials Kits were being printed up.

1 hour ago, capi3101 said:

Alright. I can deal with it for that long; just wanted to report it though.

Something else that has cropped up today for me is that a little more pressing - items are getting 'stuck' at the tail end of printing in the Blacksmith again; it's the same thing that @MoonstreamInSpace reported on the OSE Workshop Reworked thread on September 20th, where the print gets all the way to 100% and an ample supply of MaterialsKits are present but the item doesn't finish printing. Log file of my last session is available here. Made two attempts to print a Casa, both failed at the same point. Second time around I did pause printing for a little bit while additional Materials Kits were being printed up.

You'll have to talk to the OSE Workshop team for help with that, sorry.

2 hours ago, rettter3 said:

I'm thinking about starting a new Save with USI MKS and Pathfinder. Because I couldn't find information if these are usable together,

I wanted to ask if anybody already tested this.

Thanks in advance

Short answer is they are independent of each other. Pathfinder can be configured to use CRP resources but is primarily built around Classic Stock.

On 2/5/2020 at 8:15 AM, rettter3 said:

I'm thinking about starting a new Save with USI MKS and Pathfinder. Because I couldn't find information if these are usable together,

I wanted to ask if anybody already tested this.

Thanks in advance

They work fine with each other. Just be aware that the resources required by MKS can't be supplied by Pathfinder and vice versa. For surface bases you'll need both MKS and Pathfinder converters depending on what you want to do. 

I recommend keeping the Pathfinder and MKS components physically separate from each other. You can keep both of the in the same area though.

I preferred to use WBT for resource transfers, but you can use USI if you want.

Hope that helps.

On 2/7/2020 at 2:25 PM, capi3101 said:

So, what's the last known version of OSE to play nicely with Pathfinder? Not being able to print out new base parts is a real drag...

Honestly I don't know. I was using KSP 1.3.1 for awhile, and KSP is nearing 1.9. I'm sure Linuxgurugamer can figure out what's going on though. :)

I've also noticed changes to KIS/KAS that reduces the amount of inventory space that a kerbal can hold...