KSC - Kennedy Space Center?

Bubbadevlin

Lol, that isn't all the Kerbal Space Center parodies

Look Familiar?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Launch_Control_Center

NASA_Launch_Control_Center.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I think the R&D center kind of resembles the entire Johnson Space Center from the air. The administration building looks a little like the Astronaut Hall of Fame.

Edited by Alshain

Lol, that isn't all the Kerbal Space Center parodies

Very true. Both KSCs have runways.

I think the R&D center kind of resembles the entire Johnson Space Center from the air.

From the ground, too. Parts of it, anyway. Large portions of JSC are office buildings, but the industrial areas and specialized labs fit. The wind tunnel was from somewhere else, though.

(And who but Kerbals and NASA would put the daycare center across the street from the pyrotechnics test area?!?)

I want to wander around and randomly bang on the floor with a hammer...

As an interesting side note, did you know that NASA security forces can be heavily armed, and have federal arrest powers?

4l0Un.jpg

0EiTZwm.jpg

Edited by razark

Hey, I kinda noticed that the Kerbol system is sort of similar to the Sol system, at least up to Jupiter/Jool.

Plus, is it just me or is the continent where the KSC is located shaped just like Africa. :confused:

Ok, that's me done being obtuse. :P

Seriously tho, I noticed the other day that the Tier 1 VAB has a feature on the west side that looks a heck of a lot like a floppy disk... :rolleyes:

Plus, is it just me or is the continent where the KSC is located shaped just like Africa. :confused:

Ok, that's me done being obtuse. :P

I think that one might actually be unintentional, I think that the coastlines in KSP have been randomly generated using a specific program for generating random coastlines. Cant remember what the program was :(

I think that one might actually be unintentional, I think that the coastlines in KSP have been randomly generated using a specific program for generating random coastlines. Cant remember what the program was :(

Libnoise. While technically it is randomly generated, Squad just took the default example map and mirrored it. Though they have modified it here and there since then.

http://libnoise.sourceforge.net/examples/complexplanet/index.html

There were tours before they remodeled/upgraded it for Orion. They ended on Feb 23 in 2014. But you can take bus tours to the launch pad and takes you to the Saturn V rocket they have there. https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/tours/general-bus-tour.aspx

I went on that tour when I was ten and they still had the Saturn V outside. :)

• 7 months later...

I just noticed this, watching a video of the Space Shuttle landing. They said "KSC" and I thought "What? Kerbal Space Center?" But they used the same letters for Kennedy Space Center. 

Probably an homage by the squad team. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.