Space shuttle [SSP] Development Page

Mike-NZ

-force-opengl I believe finally worked lol I haven't crashed yet!

not sure where it's at but I just commented about the parachutes but now just realized they are for the boosters lol I thought one was on the shuttle. I don't need it anyways. I land at 75m/s.

there is one that is placed into the shuttles tail. should be in the pack?

- - - Updated - - -

RO Patch updated.

booster separation force increased.

max temp for all parts increased

new craft file

fuel/thrust fixes

very easy and simple picture guide on how to use openGL on windows to save lots of memory! is now on page one. please check it out!

I'll try adding -popupwindow tomorrow ( sadly I have an 8am class). I'm not sure if it works without popupwindow but I haven't had a crash since.

is there a simpler way to use the tug? the magnet sticks to it but when the tug moves, the shuttle lags and then shoots forward fast. also, it can't turn lol I wonder if there's a way to link the tug to the nose landing gear. I wish I knew how to mod.

You're welcome! BTW, this version flies like a dream (playing in stock aero). Perfect manually and with mechjeb on ascent, perfectly controllable in the atmosphere. Only minor problem is electrical autonomy: even with fuel cell working electricity drains quickly, had to add more batteries.

thanks for your work (I have also seen your Warthog, you are a w e s o m e man!)

I'm still working on my hubble space telescope mission and came across a few awesome things that others may be interested in.

first is the telescope parts

[removed link to defunct website]

this mod is incredible but the big telescope does not fit in the cargo bay of the shuttle.

BUT DON'T WORRY JUST YET!

This next mod adds bigger containers for KIS

http://............/mk3-kis-cargo-containers-mod/

I suggest making the weight limit of the containers bigger

To do this:

Click on Gamedata-RocketWorks-Parts-select part(Small,Med,Large)- open (containerS/ContainerM/ContainerL) with note pad- Find MaxVolume and change to desired amount

Mike-NZ, I haven't had time yet to update my shuttle to the new specs , but will do that tomorrow and give you any feedback. but before I do, I have 2 questions.

Is the RO patch good for stock?( I don't want the shuttle to be overpowered if it doesn't belong in stock)

and if so, I don't know where to place the patch files exactly where they belong. Can you make a quick list on where to place the files?

trooperMNG said:
You're welcome! BTW, this version flies like a dream (playing in stock aero). Perfect manually and with mechjeb on ascent, perfectly controllable in the atmosphere. Only minor problem is electrical autonomy: even with fuel cell working electricity drains quickly, had to add more batteries.

thanks for your work (I have also seen your Warthog, you are a w e s o m e man!)

what drains the electricity? also I can add more elect. storage

- - - Updated - - -

Chittychad23 said:
I'm still working on my hubble space telescope mission and came across a few awesome things that others may be interested in.

first is the telescope parts

this mod is incredible but the big telescope does not fit in the cargo bay of the shuttle.

BUT DON'T WORRY JUST YET!

This next mod adds bigger containers for KIS

http://............/mk3-kis-cargo-containers-mod/

I suggest making the weight limit of the containers bigger

To do this:

Click on Gamedata-RocketWorks-Parts-select part(Small,Med,Large)- open (containerS/ContainerM/ContainerL) with note pad- Find MaxVolume and change to desired amount

Mike-NZ, I haven't had time yet to update my shuttle to the new specs , but will do that tomorrow and give you any feedback. but before I do, I have 2 questions.

Is the RO patch good for stock?( I don't want the shuttle to be overpowered if it doesn't belong in stock)

and if so, I don't know where to place the patch files exactly where they belong. Can you make a quick list on where to place the files?

fixed your link:

don't use RO for stock. there is no need and it wont fly right.

for the RO patch made for Realism Overhaul only (it comes with readme):

delete any existing files your KSP/gamedata/space_shutle/Patches/ folder

this is important

place the 'Patches' folder from this download, into your KSP/gamedata/space_shutle/ folder

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/etswyi730ih9ydk/Container_Increase.cfg?dl=0

this is a patch for the KIS containers.

much more slots, 10x storage weight capacity.

does not modify the original mod

place this file anywhere in the game data directory of KSP

like it? enjoy

I was flying with SAS, lights and fuel cells activated. Only 1/2 of orbit with timewarp and electricity was gone, had to restore it with HyperEdit. Then, maybe a minute of Canadarm use and no electrity again. Turned off SAS and only little improvement in electricity drain, maybe a extra minute. I think that 150 units of electricity are insufficient, maybe adding some batteries could work

I was flying with SAS, lights and fuel cells activated. Only 1/2 of orbit with timewarp and electricity was gone, had to restore it with HyperEdit. Then, maybe a minute of Canadarm use and no electrity again. Turned off SAS and only little improvement in electricity drain, maybe a extra minute. I think that 150 units of electricity are insufficient, maybe adding some batteries could work

thanks , this is information I need.

will fix now

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yadymyr5w7xhmp0/Orbiter.cfg?dl=0

this is the config for the orbiter.

will only work with v1.8.1 of mod

place in Space_Shuttle/CFG/

overwrite current

change from 150 units to 1500

- - - Updated - - -

will be included in next update also

Mike-NZ said:

- - - Updated - - -

fixed your link:

don't use RO for stock. there is no need and it wont fly right.

for the RO patch made for Realism Overhaul only (it comes with readme):

delete any existing files your KSP/gamedata/space_shutle/Patches/ folder

this is important

place the 'Patches' folder from this download, into your KSP/gamedata/space_shutle/ folder

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/etswyi730ih9ydk/Container_Increase.cfg?dl=0

this is a patch for the KIS containers.

much more slots, 10x storage weight capacity.

does not modify the original mod

place this file anywhere in the game data directory of KSP

like it? enjoy

I might still have issues getting into orbit with a payload. I'll see if the kis containers help with weight but it's only 14 tons

oh ok. what do you think is not enough.

SRB Fuel

main engine fuel

OMS fuel

This one is a tough one. I did some research with real space shuttle missions and the heaviest payload was about 25-30 tons.

I think its a combination of all three that should accommodate the heaviest allowable payload, and the user can adjust the fuel according to their lighter payload. If we can test out the max payload then add a few more, we should be good.

with 14 tons, I got to 50km before running out of fuel.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.