Space shuttle [SSP] Development Page

Mike-NZ

Those bottom jettison engines is what was missing. No matter how much I messed around with the config files for booster sep, I just couldn't get it to look right.

ironically, there WAS one way you could get it to look right without those jets! jettison the boosters while they were still running and had a little bit of thrust remaining (this actually is how they did it irl)

ironically, there WAS one way you could get it to look right without those jets! jettison the boosters while they were still running and had a little bit of thrust remaining (this actually is how they did it irl)

While the Shuttle did drop its boosters while still had minimal thrust remaining there are in fact 4 separation motors on BOTH the top and the bottom of EACH SRB. So actually those jets are realistically correct.

While the Shuttle did drop its boosters while still had minimal thrust remaining there are in fact 4 separation motors on BOTH the top and the bottom of EACH SRB. So actually those jets are realistically correct.

on the bottom of the srb, there are 4 nozzles and 4 thrust transforms.

boosters have been rotated correctly and nozzeles relocated, extra set removed also (there were 8)

EZp2cSs.png

- - - Updated - - -

How is the ascent longer? Did you make the engines less powerful and add more fuel?

50%extra fuel in external tank, its heavier so more realistic also.

(I was launching 15t payload)

Has any progress been made towards countering the oscillation previously talked about in the upper stage of the ascent in RO? I remember that being mentioned, and I've also experienced it

(Loving the new SRB separation btw :3)

Has any progress been made towards countering the oscillation previously talked about in the upper stage of the ascent in RO? I remember that being mentioned, and I've also experienced it

(Loving the new SRB separation btw :3)

Will plan this for next update

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

installed ksp today and tweaked the shuttle to work for 1.1.2 if anyone wants to still use it...

working RCS, engines, gimbals, texture and mesh switch...

for stock ksp

comes with craft file

wheels are bugged, may look into it...

don't forget to activate the generator in space!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j464b8qozx08hfb/Shuttle Mod.zip?dl=0

^_^no prob had it unlocked earlier, should be a download link on the dev page as well as release page.

Have done some runs with the shuttle, seems ok, looking for feedback...if anyone is keen to try it out.

Or I could work on modules or the ISS...

Hey bud good to hear from ya. Yes I am working on the iSS again but will need to know what stage it is at now as I think triston has done some work on it since I left?

Edited by Mike-NZ

She definately is fun. Nice to see all the many options in the right click menu again. Forgot how complicated it was haha.

Just did a rescue kerbol in orbit mission. So good to not be jettisoning stages that stay in orbit too. Can even collect the old stranded craft and bring it back to ksp!

Nice to see other mods being updated too

Have also kitted out the b52 as a science aircraft to collect data around the planet. Can do many missions at once lol

Mike_NZ,

Just wanted to say how great it is having this version of the shuttle back.

I just popped it out of the file and flew a perfect mission.

Well, I have not landed yet, but I have high hopes.

You have done a great job getting this back into shape and fixed for 1.1.2

I for one certainly appreciate all of your work in this and your other mods.

Job Well Done.

Cheers,

thanks so much, its great compliments like this that is one of the best parts of doing it.

PS: don't rely on the wheels they need to be remade to work with these ksp updates

also looking for feedback on the mod too in terms of errors or whatever

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.