Space Shuttle [SSP] for KSP

Mike-NZ

It works perfectly on stock, no FAR/RSS config yet.

It is the Canadarm 1 though, so not the ISS one.

Ill be able to, for example, move the top section of the JEM over the docking port and dock it like that as opposed to some other complicated method. Speaking of the ISS arm, I still need to find out how to get that up there...

It works perfectly on stock, no FAR/RSS config yet.

It is the Canadarm 1 though, so not the ISS one.

Are you able to look at my ISS model arm to see why the magnet doesnt work? Im sure its similar settings to your model...

Must of been something I missed

Are you able to look at my ISS model arm to see why the magnet doesnt work? Im sure its similar settings to your model...

Must of been something I missed

Sure thing, send it to me and I will take a look.

Version 1.5 of the Canadarm 1 is comming in the next couple of days, HR textures.

Will the shuttle be its real size if I have RSS&RO installed?If it is,will it as same as the real shuttle?Cause the previous RO patch is making me cry(SRB impulse:468.5)

well, according to wiki,“This mixture develops a specific impulse of 242 seconds (2.37 km/s) at sea level or 268 seconds (2.63 km/s) in a vacuum."

Also,it should have a max thrust of 13800 kN……

- - - Updated - - -

I thought that only the engines burn LH&LO will have a ISP of 400+(except for the Ion engines and NTRs)

Edited by mark7

well, according to wiki,“This mixture develops a specific impulse of 242 seconds (2.37 km/s) at sea level or 268 seconds (2.63 km/s) in a vacuum."

Also,it should have a max thrust of 13800 kN……

- - - Updated - - -

I thought that only the engines burn LH&LO will have a ISP of 400+(except for the Ion engines and NTRs)

I can definately set it to these figures. Depending on how it works out in game I may need to change a lot of other factors like weight and fuel etc.

Let me see what I can do.

Artwhaley has the dreamchaser again. I have another body almost ready tho

- - - Updated - - -

The SSME thrust is.... weird

http://i.imgur.com/4Z7SjkI.png

wow what happened.

oh I think the co-ordinates are wrong.

let me fix that

- - - Updated - - -

Fantasticï¼ÂLooking forward to the update

- - - Updated - - -

Oh,theres another question,can the canadarm working solo if I dont have the Infernal Robotics installed?

no, unfortunately not.

but if you want less ram use and don't want to use infernal robotics, remove the 'parts' folder from the infernal robotics directory. backup first

After using the mod for a while,I have to admit that u guys did a GREAT job,this is a fantastic modï¼Â

And to help make it better,I have a few suggestions:

1.The plume of the SSMEs in the real life is a little bit close to purple or blue,not the current yellow.

2.The plume of the SRBs is not very realistic,it‘s smaller and not as bright as the real SRBs(Maybe its because realistic plume will burn the CPU and GPU?haha)

3.Would it better to have several packs ?Cause for a user like me,I dont want the Canadarm or the Saturn Shuttle Booster (Blame the RAM limit),and to find the file then delete it is a little bit exhaustingâ€â€Ã¢â‚¬â€especially when update I have to do that again.

4.The spelling of canadarm is wrong on the first pageâ€â€Ã¢â‚¬â€>"For a well made Caanadarm, Check out Jeast's Page" I dont know if it's a typo or u did that on purpose?(Maybe Kanadarm is better?:))

And above all, thank u SO MUCH for making such a marvelous mod~

(Gosh, hope my English will not trouble u guys :)

Edited by mark7

After using the mod for a while,I have to admit that u guys did a GREAT job,this is a fantastic modï¼Â

And to help make it better,I have a few suggestions:

1.The plume of the SSMEs in the real life is a little bit close to purple or blue,not the current yellow.

2.The plume of the SRBs is not very realistic,it‘s smaller and not as bright as the real SRBs(Maybe its because realistic plume will burn the CPU and GPU?haha)

3.Would it better to have several packs ?Cause for a user like me,I dont want the Canadarm or the Saturn Shuttle Booster (Blame the RAM limit),and to find the file then delete it is a little bit exhaustingâ€â€Ã¢â‚¬â€especially when update I have to do that again.

4.The spelling of canadarm is wrong on the first pageâ€â€Ã¢â‚¬â€>"For a well made Caanadarm, Check out Jeast's Page" I dont know if it's a typo or u did that on purpose?(Maybe Kanadarm is better?:))

And above all, thank u SO MUCH for making such a marvelous mod~

(Gosh, hope my English will not trouble u guys :)

Thanks for the appreciation!

we will have a patch to make the flame and smoke effects realistic soon.

I will make separate downloads for things when I get time.

and I will fix canadarm spelling soon.

many thanks

Thank you so much!! At last I have this famous telescope:)))

Another question.. I am using RSS and realism overhaul. After start, on altitude 3-4 km the shuttle nose begin moving left and right, up and down. Not stable trajectory- and I will receive bad orbit. Also fuel ends early:((( I install path for RO, as you said. But it is not help.

And, I don't understand, why not working RCS thursters:(( I am using button R on keyboard, but it is not helping:((

Thank you for answers!!

New test results from the RO/RSS department: Launch is great, though SAS likes to make the Shuttle wobble so I won't call that a bug. On orbit operation are good, though I suspect that fuel cell isn't working. Reentry however is impossible, the shuttle's heat tolerance is far to low to even get below 100000m, this could be due the fact that it has a heat tolerance of 1073 degrees and the shuttle has no ablator. Either the heat tolerance of the shuttle must go up or an ablating system need to be implemented.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.