Space Shuttle [SSP] for KSP

Mike-NZ

On 27/11/2015 5:28:56, the.fllying.ace said:

I'm new to the forum and have been looking for a space shuttle mod for quite awhile when I stumbled upon this one. Its great, just one problem: it wont get past the loading screen (I applied the orbiter.cfg file into the Space_Shuttle file and it didn't fix anything) and when I can get it to get past that (I managed to get it past that at one point, but haven't been able to since) it just says the Space Shuttle sub assembly has incompatible parts. please help I want to use this mod in 1.0.5 so much. I hate having to load up 1.0.4 to play it

[quote name='DarthVader']Hey, now that both the USSR and USA shuttles work in 1.05, someone should do a ASTP 2 thingie.
XD lets fix what we have for the momment xD

Beta test update and mayor and minor bug fixes , module update and new tweak , previus parammeters mostlly as normal
Stronglly suggest a clean installation of KSP if not using Ckan previouslly

Delete the previous version you had and perform installations , remember the mod has the next main dependencies to work propperlly.

Mods Removed
Baha SP or Bahamuto Removed Dependency
Module RCSFX is obsollette since KSP 1.0.5 so dont use it-Removed Dependency

Needed Mods
Firespitter core - Download the last version on Ckan
Jsi or rasterpropmonitor - Download the last version on Ckan
Klockheed_martian_gimbal - Download the last version on Ckan
Modulle manager - Download the last version on Ckan

Suggested Mods
AVC- Download the last version on Ckan
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - Download the last version on Ckan-This one Stronglly suggested

Ckan link ( is a mod manager basically)-Place Ckan on the folder where Ksp.exe is and run it.
When update and those things go to settings , Ksp comand line and paste this

KSP.exe -force-opengl

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases/tag/v1.14.3

Download CKAN.exe and drop it in your ksp install , run it and install the mods.

Beta Link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fki2wfjkgbt33p7/NASA-Pack.rar?dl=0

This version Does Not support ferram Aerospace Yet!

DONT APPLY ANY FIX FILE
Any report with pics and Log please Ksp 1.0.5 Supported , needed mods above

Edited by CrazyESP

On 9/12/2015 8:46:06, the.fllying.ace said:

oh, and how do I apply the patch mentioned at the beginning? I cant find Space_shuttle/CFG

DONT APPLY ANY FIX FILE

read before post

Beta test update and mayor and minor bug fixes , module update and new tweak , previus parammeters mostlly as normal

Delete the previous version you had and perform installations , remember the mod has the next main dependencies to work propperlly.

Mods Removed

Needed Mods
Firespitter core - Download the last version on Ckan
Jsi or rasterpropmonitor - Download the last version on Ckan
Klockheed_martian_gimbal - Download the last version on Ckan
Modulle manager - Download the last version on Ckan

Suggested Mods
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - Download the last version on Ckan-This one Stronglly suggested

Ckan link ( is a mod manager basically)-Place Ckan on the folder where Ksp.exe is and run it.

KSP.exe -force-opengl

Download CKAN.exe and drop it in your ksp install , run it and install the mods.

Beta Link

I downloaded the newest pack, and this is one of the first issues I ran into.

http://imgur.com/4bVIHvp

The booster separators refuse to attach to the fuel tank.

Also the bottom of the tail goes over the edge of the aft fuselage.

http://imgur.com/g0bTRor

Edited 13 hours ago by LMRaptor

the nodes for the separator for now are guide lines , use then as surface attach ( using node green nodes as guide lines to attach ).

That version has mayor cfg overhaull no visual of 3d improvements., thanks for the feedback anyway

the tail need a readjust , the new version is ready and painted but i need a 3d modeller or unity editor to import them to the ksp and mike is out since past moth

When will this be updated to 1.0.5?

The beta version its 1.0.5 ksp running

Examples of new version

Spoiler

5GN86ld.pngcOP7rGJ.pngVJGzSR9.pngUF7vA7Q.png

Spoiler

WK1RniS.jpgZbQYIBr.pngGPdvQkg.jpgjKC9xuv.jpg

Spoiler

F73K75Y.jpgKgcsPVK.jpg0yxtsLg.jpg0EHz9MM.jpg

Spoiler

RK58XKa.jpgpUxtIod.jpgD1ctOME.jpg

Spoiler

y8Ss34B.jpgr6UAzpy.png6sqB0zx.jpgZCVAVgH.pngpy4sTxr.jpgEtZgbQ7.jpg

Spoiler

rp6tCCc.pngetk4dS5.pngN0itMcH.pngQMnWl51.pngHhj6dty.pngmBJpUSb.png

Edited by CrazyESP

hey everyone, So I love your SHuttle!!!  It did the workhouse work to Build my Complete Community ISS ! 

However since 1.0.5 I cannot load my ISS due to the SHuttle on load up stating Incorrect Version please use 1.0.4. 

I have followed the updates on this forum, including the patch from Mike and still no Joy,  Every time states Firespitter non compatible with 1.0.5  and a seperate window Shuttle version is incorrect Please use 1.0.4 

can someone please help?   I am trying everything to get back to my ISS! 

Thank you 

hey everyone, So I love your SHuttle!!!  It did the workhouse work to Build my Complete Community ISS ! 

However since 1.0.5 I cannot load my ISS due to the SHuttle on load up stating Incorrect Version please use 1.0.4. 

I have followed the updates on this forum, including the patch from Mike and still no Joy,  Every time states Firespitter non compatible with 1.0.5  and a seperate window Shuttle version is incorrect Please use 1.0.4 

can someone please help?   I am trying everything to get back to my ISS! 

Thank you

It wont be compatible with saved games im afraid

Mods Removed

Needed Mods

Suggested Mods
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - Download the last version on Ckan-This one Stronglly suggested

KSP.exe -force-opengl

Beta Link

DONT APPLY ANY FIX FILE

Edited by CrazyESP

So I can launch it with the space shuttle working, partially. The RCS doesn't work, nor do the decals.

Edited 11 hours ago by the.fllying.ace

version u use, version of ksp , some pics could be awesome ... those things !:cool:

If you are using the beta , it has 0 ammount of monoproppelant , and you have to add quantity manually!:D

I downloaded the newest pack, and this is one of the first issues I ran into.

http://imgur.com/4bVIHvp

The booster separators refuse to attach to the fuel tank.

Also the bottom of the tail goes over the edge of the aft fuselage.

http://imgur.com/g0bTRor

Tested with the link above version, the seperator attach and works fine

Tail , true , need a readjust , adjusted on the new version ( no unity editor for now , so new version still stuck)

Edited by CrazyESP

15 hours ago, CrazyESP said:

Tail , true , need a readjust , adjusted on the new version ( no unity editor for now , so new version still stuck)

What I meant in my first post was that they wouldn't attach to the nodes. I did what you said with aligning the nodes, and it's working fine, so everything's good. :)

I got something else. The launchpads are messed up.

One of the 2 launchpads (excluding PAD 2) has no ejection, so the shuttle can't lift off.

The pad that does have an ejection, its node that the shuttle is supposed to connect to is way too low.

http://imgur.com/q7Dztyx

The other launchpad's node is fine, but like I said, it doesn't have an ejection.

Edited by LMRaptor

21 hours ago, CrazyESP said:

version u use, version of ksp , some pics could be awesome ... those things !:cool:

If you are using the beta , it has 0 ammount of monoproppelant , and you have to add quantity manually!:D

sorry, ill be more specific. I downloaded all the stuff you said from Ckan, and downloaded SSP From the latest version tab on the first page of this thread. I am using KSP version 1.0.5. The decals don't work (Like the nasa emblem on the wings, the ability to add the shuttle name decals all over the shuttles, etc) and my RCS thrusters don't work ( its not lack of RCS, the RCS engines that get you into orbit work fine. Its the ones you use to maneuver and dock that don't. I don't really know what I would take pictures of tho. And you keep mentioning a beta, where can I download that and would it work with 1.0.5?

11 hours ago, LMRaptor said:

I got something else. The launchpads are messed up.

One of the 2 launchpads (excluding PAD 2) has no ejection, so the shuttle can't lift off.

The pad that does have an ejection, its node that the shuttle is supposed to connect to is way too low.

http://imgur.com/q7Dztyx

The other launchpad's node is fine, but like I said, it doesn't have an ejection.

i didnt touch the pad , so no idea , i wont start new work until fix the old , but thanks anyway

8 hours ago, the.fllying.ace said:

sorry, ill be more specific. I downloaded all the stuff you said from Ckan, and downloaded SSP From the latest version tab on the first page of this thread. I am using KSP version 1.0.5. The decals don't work (Like the nasa emblem on the wings, the ability to add the shuttle name decals all over the shuttles, etc) and my RCS thrusters don't work ( its not lack of RCS, the RCS engines that get you into orbit work fine. Its the ones you use to maneuver and dock that don't. I don't really know what I would take pictures of tho. And you keep mentioning a beta, where can I download that and would it work with 1.0.5?

The first mod page need the patch and have bugs that the beta dont !!

The beta is published on this page ( i pasted it like 4 times), sorry for the confussion but mike is kinda out and i cant touch his post

Mods Removed

Needed Mods

Suggested Mods

KSP.exe -force-opengl

Beta Link

DONT APPLY ANY FIX FILE

Edited by CrazyESP

There  is this config file to integrate some mods to the Shuttle using Module Manager.

1. TAC Life Support: Adds resources for 7 kerbals during 25 days.
  2. CommunityResourcePack: Replaces the fuel cell by a more realistic one using Hydrogen and Oxygen instead of Xenon.
  3. RemoteTech: Adds an omnidirectional antenna to the orbiter.
  4. KIS: Adds KIS capability (1200 l) to the airlock.

You don't need to have all the 4 mods, only Module Manager is needed 

Download CFG file

7 hours ago, Marcelo Silveira said:

There  is this config file to integrate some mods to the Shuttle using Module Manager.

1. TAC Life Support: Adds resources for 7 kerbals during 25 days.
  2. CommunityResourcePack: Replaces the fuel cell by a more realistic one using Hydrogen and Oxygen instead of Xenon.
  3. RemoteTech: Adds an omnidirectional antenna to the orbiter.
  4. KIS: Adds KIS capability (1200 l) to the airlock.

You don't need to have all the 4 mods, only Module Manager is needed 

Download CFG file

thanks for that i will take a look on it . that solves some patches that i had on mind after fixing the new version .

And , for all interested , any that know about unity for placing colliders etc etc ... we need help on that matter so anyone could post or PM me or Sampa.

LF Unity editor or/and 3D!

Edited by CrazyESP

I keep running into the same problem, I have done what you have posted like 4 times, and downloaded the orbiter patch, but I keep getting the error to do with it only being able to be used in 1.0.4! What do I do? (I am on a mac, and I bought the game off of the website, not steam)

8 hours ago, joebobbingo said:

I keep running into the same problem, I have done what you have posted like 4 times, and downloaded the orbiter patch, but I keep getting the error to do with it only being able to be used in 1.0.4! What do I do? (I am on a mac, and I bought the game off of the website, not steam)

I have the same problem but it does not reflect any performance or not allowing me to use the shuttle, 

just click off the message and load into KSP.  then you can still use the Orbiter SS and anything you want.   

12 hours ago, joebobbingo said:

DONT APPLY ANY FIX FILE

What conclussion could you obtain from this ?

Dont apply any fix file ( just in case)

As i said ( 4 or 5 times ) most files had change their root so maybe the problem  is that it  cant find the new root ( i didnt touch the iss , and i cant do it until we fix the css , and for that we need a unity or 3d editor that we dont have right now since mike is out).

This version its  BETA compatible with 1.0.5 and plenty bug fixes for the css , Only for the css , since mike released many mods i reroot the css and the lancuher kit (only those 2 for now) under the NASA folder to be more organized ,and the idea its place them all under that reference.

So from that , any old saves that you have with the css CANT be loaded propperlly since the files has change .

With that explained Any report with pics and Log please Ksp 1.0.5 Supported

so if you have any problem in the future check you install , follow the instructions , if persist LOG and PICS

But you are the only one that have report that issue , and all the people that use the beta , says that work fine ( the css anything else that is not the css i didnt enter on that matter yet).

Edited by CrazyESP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.