Space Shuttle [SSP] for KSP

Mike-NZ

23 hours ago, joebobbingo said:

I know this is going to be a long shot, but is there a way to get KSP 1.0.4 from an archive?

Maybe I can give you my heavily moded 64bit KSP 1.0.4 with space shuttle version from October I think it was. PM me if you want it, I can put it on dropbox. 

EDIT> Yes Mike is away. I was asking him for a little help with my shuttle to help me do those things in unity which are quite hard sometimes. And have not received answer from him for some time...

Edited by Jovzin

Hi guys,

I finally jump from 1.0.2 to 1.0.5 on the last week and the result was... irritating, at least. But after some hours of inner rage worthy of a heavy metal video nearly all has been solved, apart with the Shuttle. The fuselage got like a blank texture :

dkLY2Su.png

SlEYrNJ.png

EXwnqvU.png

Every other parts are running well, so its the now famous Orbiter.cfg which seems to be the problem.

I use to edit it a bit in the asset parameters to get the fuselage in the parts library :

PART
{

// --- general parameters ---
name = STSOrbiter
module = Part
author = Mike_NZ    //Rocket2guns

// --- asset parameters ---
MODEL
{
  model = Space_Shuttle/Parts/OnePiece/Orbiter
  scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
}

scale = 1.0
rescaleFactor = 1.0

Did I make something wrong that could explain this texture bug ?

Edited by XB-70A

5 hours ago, XB-70A said:

Hi guys,

I finally jump from 1.0.2 to 1.0.5 on the last week and the result was... irritating, at least. But after some hours of inner rage worthy of a heavy metal video nearly all has been solved, apart with the Shuttle. The fuselage got like a blank texture :

dkLY2Su.png

SlEYrNJ.png

EXwnqvU.png

Every other parts are running well, so its the now famous Orbiter.cfg which seems to be the problem.

I use to edit it a bit in the asset parameters to get the fuselage in the parts library :

PART
{

// --- general parameters ---
name = STSOrbiter
module = Part
author = Mike_NZ    //Rocket2guns

// --- asset parameters ---
MODEL
{
  model = Space_Shuttle/Parts/OnePiece/Orbiter
  scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
}

scale = 1.0
rescaleFactor = 1.0

Did I make something wrong that could explain this texture bug ?

Yes,

You are missing there textures path I think. 

XB-70A

Could be a mod incompatibility , but first report of that bug(But i think that its more procable to that u just did a bad installation.) . follow this instruccions to do a safe installation

Beta test update and mayor and minor bug fixes , module update and new tweak , previus parammeters mostlly as normal
Stronglly suggest a clean installation of KSP if not using Ckan previouslly

Delete the previous version you had and perform installations , remember the mod has the next main dependencies to work propperlly.

Mods Removed
Baha SP or Bahamuto Removed Dependency
Module RCSFX is obsollette since KSP 1.0.5 so dont use it-Removed Dependency

Needed Mods
Firespitter core - Download the last version on Ckan
Jsi or rasterpropmonitor - Download the last version on Ckan
Klockheed_martian_gimbal - Download the last version on Ckan
Modulle manager - Download the last version on Ckan

Suggested Mods
AVC- Download the last version on Ckan
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - Download the last version on Ckan-This one Stronglly suggested

Ckan link ( is a mod manager basically)-Place Ckan on the folder where Ksp.exe is and run it.
When update and those things go to settings , Ksp comand line and paste this

KSP.exe -force-opengl

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases/tag/v1.14.3Download CKAN.exe and drop it in your ksp install , run it and install the mods.

This version Does Not support ferram Aerospace Yet!

DONT APPLY ANY FIX FILE
Any report with pics and Log please Ksp 1.0.5 Supported , needed mods above

I know this is going to be a long shot, but is there a way to get KSP 1.0.4 from an archive?

I cant help you with that

Edited by CrazyESP

Thanks to you both.

I tried with a new clean installation but this blank texture is still here. Pretty strange cause I used to fly a lot on Columbia with this add on 1.0.2 and it was a true wonder and a pleasure to ride on.

As explained on the first page I downloaded and installed 1.0.5 patch, sole problem was that the orbiter fuselage wasn't availlable in the game simply cause the patch name the way to the model as " model = Space_Shuttle/Parts/Orbiter" so I just edit it to find the correct way in the proper folder called OnePiece as "model = Space_Shuttle/Parts/OnePiece/Orbiter".

I don't know if it could be related but my old horse is now more than tired and I asked myself if this texture problem could not comes from the graph' card, I already got many problems some years ago with Il-2 Sturmovik 1946 and can't run it correctly without ugly graphic problems and it was a 2006-7 simulator (!), and it wasn't the kind of simulator where you need a numerical beast to play...

4 hours ago, XB-70A said:

Thanks to you both.

I tried with a new clean installation but this blank texture is still here. Pretty strange cause I used to fly a lot on Columbia with this add on 1.0.2 and it was a true wonder and a pleasure to ride on.

As explained on the first page I downloaded and installed 1.0.5 patch, sole problem was that the orbiter fuselage wasn't availlable in the game simply cause the patch name the way to the model as " model = Space_Shuttle/Parts/Orbiter" so I just edit it to find the correct way in the proper folder called OnePiece as "model = Space_Shuttle/Parts/OnePiece/Orbiter".

I don't know if it could be related but my old horse is now more than tired and I asked myself if this texture problem could not comes from the graph' card, I already got many problems some years ago with Il-2 Sturmovik 1946 and can't run it correctly without ugly graphic problems and it was a 2006-7 simulator (!), and it wasn't the kind of simulator where you need a numerical beast to play...

No I do not think it is your PC. I am running KSP on 4 years old PC and still is good. 

I think there is some problem with texture or model. Or maybe Firespitter plugin can not find the path to the texture? change configs. If configs are OK , check textures if all are there. And if textures are OK than it has to be something with model. Maybe need  of update in unity to bind the UV mapping or something.  

6 hours ago, XB-70A said:

Thanks to you both.

XD ok , dont download the link of main page , use the BETA link i post , the one piece IS NOT SUPPORTED , that is the problem dude

Beta Link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fki2wfjkgbt33p7/NASA-Pack.rar?dl=0

Edited by CrazyESP

On 29/12/2015 at 3:24 PM, Brainpop14 said:

Is this compatible with KSP 1.0.5?

Affirm,

18 hours ago, PILOTCRAFTER said:

I got a Problem with the mod

whenever i start KSP Version 1.0.5 it says : Unsupported KSP Version..... please use 1.0.4

And even when i downloaded Orbiter.cfg it still crashes like that

please respond and help me thanks

It's like this with the official release, I got the same message at loading with 1.0.2 (logic) but it was running perfectly.

For 1.0.5, use the link provided by "CrazyESP" :

On 23/12/2015 at 5:38 AM, CrazyESP said:

It runs well for me on this version.

For Realism Overhaul do I need both the RO Patch & the updated RO patch?

Also, did the file structure change? The readme for the RO patch says to place the fix inside the following folder KSP/gamedata/space_shutle/Patches/  but the space_shuttle folder doesnt exist in the BETA DL. 

What does exist is 

KSP/gamedata/ETC

&

KSP/gamedata/NASA/space_shutle_stock/

PLEASE DISREGARD ABOVE. I did not read your post about the beta and NOT using any fixes. Now that I learned how to read. I installed the mod with the recommended add-ons but I get the following.

The Shuttle looks to be too small to fit the tank. I installed the version from the OP and followed the instructions and got the mod to work fairly well. The Magellan space probe from the US probe pack fit with lots of room to spare when I used the older version of this mod.

Is this maybe just a scaling issue? I know the STS isnt getting any fuel feed from the external tank either. 

Could I have installed it wrong? I didn't add any fixes. Just downloaded your beta RAR and copied to the GameData directory.

Edited by gonzo98x

Hello guys and happy new year. 

Back to work in a few days.

Ro patch wont work until we fix the ferram 3d and colliders bug that the beta and previous versions  have.Thats why we were looking for a 3d editor and he is currentlly working on the new collider parts for the new versión.

I expect to release the ferram compatible  soon, if all the patches work fine.Sorry for the delay in replay but hollydays are hollydays. 

Edited by CrazyESP

On 4 de enero de 2016 at 4:25 AM, eirexe said:

I tried using the beta version abut the spacecraft wobbles a lot, any way to fix this?

We aré on that, the 3D has an isue that pop out on 1.05 heavy and affect mainlly to aerodynamics, we had to overcheat some lift  parts to make it fly moré or less propperlly until we fix it.

When the new colliders and the splitted parts shuttle 3D  are ready (new hd  textures also ) it should  work  fine under ferram atm , and Ro, but for sure the patch files for those will need a rebuilt, i dont know if mayor or mínimum changes until we end the actual thing.

As i said before Sorry for the delay and hope that all of this will be fixed soon. 

18 hours ago, gonzo98x said:

For Realism Overhaul do I need both the RO Patch & the updated RO patch?

Also, did the file structure change? The readme for the RO patch says to place the fix inside the following folder KSP/gamedata/space_shutle/Patches/  but the space_shuttle folder doesnt exist in the BETA DL. 

What does exist is 

KSP/gamedata/ETC

&

KSP/gamedata/NASA/space_shutle_stock/

PLEASE DISREGARD ABOVE. I did not read your post about the beta and NOT using any fixes. Now that I learned how to read. I installed the mod with the recommended add-ons but I get the following.

The Shuttle looks to be too small to fit the tank. I installed the version from the OP and followed the instructions and got the mod to work fairly well. The Magellan space probe from the US probe pack fit with lots of room to spare when I used the older version of this mod.

Is this maybe just a scaling issue? I know the STS isnt getting any fuel feed from the external tank either. 

Could I have installed it wrong? I didn't add any fixes. Just downloaded your beta RAR and copied to the GameData directory.

The ro patch rezize some parts thats the thing, noted to the fix list and will be published after mayor shuttle overhaull and ferram patch update (since ro depend on ferram i canot patch something without fixing the previous issues. ).

Also the beta has a mayor refoldeer to place all mikes on a common folder ,cause many of them use common effects and textures , and on my view was a mess to have all those files x2 ,x3 and in some cases x5. 

Same as before mods will be updated 1 by1asap when the shuttle is ended. 

Edited by CrazyESP

Just wanted to say that I love this mod and you have done an amazing job. Truly, the detail is amazing and I got the shuttle working using the OP version with the orbital patch file and the RO patch. It took a bit of figuring out but I am glad I did.

THis fits just so perfectly eith the RP-0 career I am running, recreating all the US satellite launches. The US probe pack and FASA are great but the Shuttle is totally absent. This has filled that hole better than I ever could have hoped for.

Thank you again for creating this mod and I look forward to future releases.

Oh and I am running it on 1.05 so if anyone is having trouble don't be a pain and act toxic just RTFM. Lol

Edited by gonzo98x

@CrazyESP I am not sure it's the RO patch. i did a test using Realism Ovehaul, FASA, etc but not the shuttle mod and you know what?? The Big-S Delta wings, strakes and tail were ALL SHRUNK!!! I'm not sure which mod to post my findings to. I'd really like to try building an MK3 shuttle but without a tail and wings it's pretty fruitless.

21 hours ago, gonzo98x said:

@CrazyESP I am not sure it's the RO patch. i did a test using Realism Ovehaul, FASA, etc but not the shuttle mod and you know what?? The Big-S Delta wings, strakes and tail were ALL SHRUNK!!! I'm not sure which mod to post my findings to. I'd really like to try building an MK3 shuttle but without a tail and wings it's pretty fruitless.

i take a look  for the Ro patch and until ferram its fixed i dont know its its the same bug . take it easy , new 3d new colliders and ferram will be up.

8 hours ago, ramazoti said:

Where are the Updates guys??? monthes now ?? did this project dies or what??

Even the ISS

I think this project is going through a transition from one developer to another if I'm not mistaken. Also, keep in mind that the people working on this mod, and many other mods, do so on their free time and do it simply because they love to. They are not obligated to continue development and can stop whenever they feel like it since this isn't their job. Just something to keep in mind :)

This also isn't the first time development has stopped on the Shuttle. I've been following this mod since 0.25 and its gone through many rough periods and development halts. 

Edited by Dnaha

12 hours ago, NateDaBeast said:

Whenever I try loading the Shuttle craft from the download it wont load because it says it's missing "STSOrbiter"

XD ok , dont download the link of main page , use the BETA link i post , the one piece IS NOT SUPPORTED , that is the problem dude

Beta Link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fki2wfjkgbt33p7/NASA-Pack.rar?dl=0

On 13/1/2016 at 6:18 AM, Dnaha said:

I think this project is going through a transition from one developer to another if I'm not mistaken. Also, keep in mind that the people working on this mod, and many other mods, do so on their free time and do it simply because they love to. They are not obligated to continue development and can stop whenever they feel like it since this isn't their job. Just something to keep in mind :)

This also isn't the first time development has stopped on the Shuttle. I've been following this mod since 0.25 and its gone through many rough periods and development halts. 

im a supporter for develop aero and vmpas , its just that the jump to 1.0.5 pop many bugs that wasnt present in the previous versions related with the 3d , and since mike is gone since 2 or 3 moths , i dont have the knowledge to fix it so im searching people that it does, until that the proyect is stucked.

12 hours ago, gonzo98x said:

I had to edit the orbiter configuration file. It had the wrong path to the .mu file.

Once I corrected the path it loaded right up

glad to hear it

Edited by CrazyESP

Hey guys, first off, great mod by OP and great work by all those adapting it.

I am running into 2 (ok, 3) small issues:

KSP 1.0.5 64bit

NASA Shuttle Mod downloaded from CrazyESP's Link

1. When applying the MM Patch to change the FuelCell resource from Xenon to O2 + H2 i get the issue, that the Orbiter body doesn't have any O2 - not even listed as resource in right-click menu - applied the patch manually in the STS1OrbiterStock.cfg though but maybe a look at this might be worth it.

2. When trying to Maneuver using MechJeb, at the end of the maneuver, the node starts "running away" and the dV cannot be tuned properly so in the end, the Orbiter keeps turning, trying to match the rotation of the node - i cant really show this on a screenshot, would have to record a video

3. The 2nd Door Texture on the Orbiter is flipped - this results in the Shuttle name being written backwards

4. Ok, number 4, but this is related to MikeNZ's ISS Pack - the Unity Node, with CBM's installed on all 6 points, doesn't fit inside the cargo bay - the side CBM's are blocking it

@CrazyESP what do you need in regards to 3D modelling ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.