Space Shuttle [SSP] for KSP

Mike-NZ

thank you Mr.Moderator.

installed KSP today and thought I should get this working again, and so uploaded if anyone is interested in using it too.

also with the new texture replacer mod, reflective radiator panels are available.

also hello everyone. sorry for my long absence

37KV6qI.jpg

Mike_NZ,

Just wanted to say how great it is having this version of the shuttle back.

I just popped it out of the file and flew a perfect mission.

Well, I have not landed yet, but I have high hopes.

You have done a great job getting this back into shape and fixed for 1.1.2

I for one certainly appreciate all of your work in this and your other mods.

Job Well Done.

Cheers,

10 hours ago, Sampa said:

Welcome back, Mike!  Glad to see this shuttle back in the competition!

hello how have you been.

I do not wish for competition or anything of that nature.

I just wanted to make this work again for myself or anyone who wants to re-use it really.

I more want to just help out or make extra things for ksp that will allow people enjoy the immersion of launching really heavy expensive complicated things into space (then realize you forgot an important part and have to launch another ship to replace it lol)

I do think replicating real life events is a great of ksp modding and hope to get more parts into ksp to play with

1 minute ago, Mike-NZ said:

hello how have you been.

I do not wish for competition or anything of that nature.

I just wanted to make this work again for myself or anyone who wants to re-use it really.

I more want to just help out or make extra things for ksp that will allow people enjoy the immersion of launching really heavy expensive complicated things into space (then realize you forgot an important part and have to launch another ship to replace it lol)

I do think replicating real life events is a great of ksp modding and hope to get more parts into ksp to play with

I apologize.  It was a poor word choice on my part.  I do believe your shuttles may still have a place in the KSP community and it is obvious that people still want it.  Even though DECQ recently put out his own NASA shuttle, I think you should continue to work on this.

4 minutes ago, Sampa said:

Indeed.  I will help where I can with suggestions.  My youtube series is on hold simply because youtube is not working with my video editor...so needing to get that working right.

I would like to see these episodes!

also for now I am working on ISS when I can and will look into the crawler setup

but today I am wondering if the RO config still works. I think the main thing was kerbal joint reinforcement didn't work or the shuttle was so heavy it busted the launch clamps every time. but im thinking also the crawler would be a better launch platform...

I agree...I think you may need to look at the problem of it causing the shuttle to literally jump into the air uncontrollably when the crawler releases the shuttle.  I think, for some reason, it acts more like a decoupler than a launch clamp.  perhaps by reclassifying it as a launch clamp, it may solve the problem?

1 hour ago, Sampa said:

I agree...I think you may need to look at the problem of it causing the shuttle to literally jump into the air uncontrollably when the crawler releases the shuttle.  I think, for some reason, it acts more like a decoupler than a launch clamp.  perhaps by reclassifying it as a launch clamp, it may solve the problem?

good ideas coming through, will have a play

1 hour ago, Dnaha said:

Welcome back Mike!

Glad to see this amazing mod in development again. (Still my favorite mod for KSP:D)

thank you so much, my fav mod too!

ksp is so good with scansat, remote tech and stage recovery too

Edited by Mike-NZ

I'm having a couple of issues with this. The version posted on the front page 1.1.2 (?) Is the first version I've installed and am using it with the latest version. Of KSP. Everything appears to work normally until 1) I switch to map mode, at that point all Navball indicators reverse. Retrograde becomes prograde, anti-normal becomes normal, and so forth. While this issue is managable, the next one tends to leave me stranded.  

The solar panels on the cargo bay doors rarely charge the batteries. It's like they have to be positioned perfectly, and even then, it's am extremely slow pace. I've strapped on a couple extra batteries but I'm not a very efficient user so I still struggle with beating the clock. 

Other than that, I like it. Just need to be able to have the flight time to perfect maneuvering it. Although, landing was super easy. Missed the runway, but that was mostly because I was on the other side of Kerbin, lol. A nearby pasture sufficed. 

7 hours ago, matthomas7 said:

I'm having a couple of issues with this. The version posted on the front page 1.1.2 (?) Is the first version I've installed and am using it with the latest version. Of KSP. Everything appears to work normally until 1) I switch to map mode, at that point all Navball indicators reverse. Retrograde becomes prograde, anti-normal becomes normal, and so forth. While this issue is managable, the next one tends to leave me stranded.  

The solar panels on the cargo bay doors rarely charge the batteries. It's like they have to be positioned perfectly, and even then, it's am extremely slow pace. I've strapped on a couple extra batteries but I'm not a very efficient user so I still struggle with beating the clock. 

Other than that, I like it. Just need to be able to have the flight time to perfect maneuvering it. Although, landing was super easy. Missed the runway, but that was mostly because I was on the other side of Kerbin, lol. A nearby pasture sufficed. 

In real life, those aren't solar panels on the cargo bay doors; they're radiators. They dont have any real functionality in this mod except to provide an added sense of accuracy for the model as far as I know. In terms of recharging the battery, there is a fuel cell that you can activate in the shuttle which recharges the batteries quite nicely. It runs off of xenon gas if I'm not mistaken which there is plenty of in the shuttle to begin with. Hope this helps for that problem. 

3 hours ago, Dnaha said:

In real life, those aren't solar panels on the cargo bay doors; they're radiators. They dont have any real functionality in this mod except to provide an added sense of accuracy for the model as far as I know. In terms of recharging the battery, there is a fuel cell that you can activate in the shuttle which recharges the batteries quite nicely. It runs off of xenon gas if I'm not mistaken which there is plenty of in the shuttle to begin with. Hope this helps for that problem. 

Ah. Thank you sir. I've mashed the fuel cell button before, but didn't notice the correlation with the battery.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.