Space Shuttle [SSP] for KSP

Mike-NZ

On 6/24/2016 at 4:45 AM, Mike-NZ said:

Ro config just about done for those who want realism overhaul

This already has an updated, official RO config that is distributed with RO, please don't include another with the mod as it will conflict with RO.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 1:19 PM, raidernick said:

This already has an updated, official RO config that is distributed with RO, please don't include another with the mod as it will conflict with RO.

yes I have spotted this and its done very well.

there are a few things that I needed to change/add to make it all work (not much) to that RO config. this can be done with a MM patch or update /overwrite the RO config itself

8 hours ago, Mike-NZ said:

yes I have spotted this and its done very well.

there are a few things that I needed to change/add to make it all work (not much) to that RO config. this can be done with a MM patch or update /overwrite the RO config itself

or you could edit the config for RO and make a PR for it...

Edited by raidernick

10 hours ago, Viruzzz said:

Use the links from Dev page, You can find it at first page.

Thanks i found that out last night so now i have a larger reusable craft then the kso mod which those 2 shuttles have been retired and now sit next to the runway

I saw another mod like this called space shuttle system but i had such a hard time controlling it on re-entry/landing and could not land it i also had to set the graphics and rendering really high for it but my computer hardly held it but this mod is much easier to fly and i can use low graphics for it

37 minutes ago, Irenicus said:

And some note:

CCE engines  (left and Right)  (when main engines out of fuel) have very little DELTA (by MJ) - 868 m/s and time of burn is over 20 min... Are it is normal?

I just tested the shuttle with the craft file and I not used the MechJeb. for orbit at 200x200 without any problems and return again.

Right now if you use MechJeb sometimes is not working great, so I suggest to launch the shuttle manual without MechJeb. The shuttle are very good control to can launch easy.

PS. be careful at angle.

Hey, Posted this in the other thread before I realised there was this one so sorry for double post.

This an awesome shuttle mod! .. but whenever I deploy the landing gear the craft rapidly decelerates to the point the craft stalls. Doesn't matter what speed either. It seems to drop velocity to like 40m/s regardless of current speed, which of course stalls the craft immediately. It's almost like I've suddenly deployed 10 parachutes.

I'm pretty sure its not supposed to do that. Any ideas?

Im using the latest version of KSP 1.1.3.1289 , no realism mod and the latest version of the stuttle mod itself.

Edited by Ashendie
Description change

4 hours ago, Ashendie said:

Hey, Posted this in the other thread before I realised there was this one so sorry for double post.

This an awesome shuttle mod! .. but whenever I deploy the landing gear the craft rapidly decelerates to the point the craft stalls. Doesn't matter what speed either. It seems to drop velocity to like 40m/s regardless of current speed, which of course stalls the craft immediately. It's almost like I've suddenly deployed 10 parachutes.

I'm pretty sure its not supposed to do that. Any ideas?

Im using the latest version of KSP 1.1.3.1289 , no realism mod and the latest version of the stuttle mod itself.

i guess you didn't read the big red words on the first post saying the wheels are currently bugged?

1 hour ago, raidernick said:

i guess you didn't read the big red words on the first post saying the wheels are currently bugged?

Well yes but seeing other various wheel bugs in KSP I assumed it was referring to those. Seems not.

Edited by Ashendie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm using this mod in Realism Overhaul and the engines and wing control surfaces are appearing inside the shuttle orbiter instead of on the outside. I used the RO config and can successfully launch the shuttle, but I think the wing control surfaces don't work when landing.

3 hours ago, delta wee said:

I'm using this mod in Realism Overhaul and the engines and wing control surfaces are appearing inside the shuttle orbiter instead of on the outside. I used the RO config and can successfully launch the shuttle, but I think the wing control surfaces don't work when landing.

I got the shuttle to look and behave properly by rebuilding it from scratch in the VAB. Maybe the craft file was using non-RO attachment points.

• 1 month later...

i tried this in 1.1.3 and everything works the cargo doors, texture switching, Orbiter to Enterprise part switching and landing gear (I don't know about landing on landing gear I tried it and when I pressed G the whole shuttle went crazy all up down left and right)

23 minutes ago, Adam Kerman said:

i tried this in 1.1.3 and everything works the cargo doors, texture switching, Orbiter to Enterprise part switching and landing gear (I don't know about landing on landing gear I tried it and when I pressed G the whole shuttle went crazy all up down left and right)

This is a know issue that has been mentioned before in previous pages.

• 1 month later...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I am playing RSS+RO etc, and I've built a lot of shuttles. Some didn't even launch, some failed to orbit, and some did go to a good orbit, but none of them could reenter. It was this mod that got me through reentry and to a successful landing!!! 

Well, the wheels did brake when I touched the ground (-2m Vertical speed, 240 horizontal), but eventually I was able to land the orbiter on it's belly! Big Smiles for me and my Fearless Kerbals, but the poor engineers had to replace the tiles!

My only problem is that the exhaust fumes cover the shuttle. They seem like they start from the middle of the ship rather than from the SRBs and SSME nozzles. Anyone has the same? Everything else works great, and this is not actually visible from all viewing angles, so you can leave it on a viewing angle that you see the ship. I'll dig the configs to see if a can find anything

I am also having a difficult time doing the roll program after launching, anyone doing it smoothly? Some advice?

Great looking, fun to play and capable of re-entry! Great work!

• 1 month later...

hi, this mod was published in 2015. it's been 2 years. i'm actually new here and I don't know if the creator of this mod is still working on it. but it looks amazing and I really want to paly it! but, I can't!

if this mod hasn't been abandoned, can you please fix your download link, it's broken ;(

sincerely, New guy

29 minutes ago, JEHEDIAHH said:

hi, this mod was published in 2015. it's been 2 years. i'm actually new here and I don't know if the creator of this mod is still working on it. but it looks amazing and I really want to paly it! but, I can't!

if this mod hasn't been abandoned, can you please fix your download link, it's broken ;(

sincerely, New guy

Welcome to the forums :)

The author (/maintainer), Mike-NZ had a very long hiatus, which was broken in June, as you have probably observed. However, he has not returned since, suggesting he has gone off again. In the time he has been away some other options have come about which could suit your needs. I suggest you check out Cormorant Aeronology - it's an excellent set of parts that fit in with KSP's already existing shuttle parts to allow you to build a realistic looking shuttle or, should you feel like it, something a bit different. Happy flying :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.