Space Shuttle [SSP] for KSP

Mike-NZ

very glad you guys enjoy the mod, but c'mon guys its not a passenger airliner, it only glides to earth in real life

I can see I need an unreal patch made for further enjoyment

- - - Updated - - -

Just did my first landing in a space plane, but that was with engines I always aim for the desert.

good job. it can be tricky right? but fun also

- - - Updated - - -

whoops, missed that landing gear. now fixed.

try prograde setting to stop the wobble for now until I fix it.

I will think of ways to do it

- - - Updated - - -

my cargobay protected zone config is missing for some reason MY BAD. putting it in now

so the complete space shuttle folder was 218mb

the NOW standard folder after re-arrangements (without modules) will be 121mb

and the lo-res (keeping cockpit but lo-res textures, no texture switch) is 60mb

- - - Updated - - -

LOW MEMORY version added to page one

- - - Updated - - -

updating main mod to 1.8.1 on github for latest changes.

some notes:

objects in cargobay still overheat even with cargobay settings on RO install

maybe this is why:

in the FAR folder

@PART

[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCargoBay]]

{

!MODULE[ModuleCargoBay] { }

}

removing these protected cargobays from everything.

Edited by Mike-NZ

Fresh test results of the new version in RO/FAR, possible major bug, the shuttle has a tendency to rip itself apart on the launchpad. Will post on the bug tracker. I will use the Gantry to if this is relieved.

rcW3XS3.png

Fresh test results of the new version in RO/FAR, possible major bug, the shuttle has a tendency to rip itself apart on the launchpad. Will post on the bug tracker. I will use the Gantry to if this is relieved.

http://i.imgur.com/rcW3XS3.png

Wow this is new. Realising the weights are real world now.

Can I ask if yi used new ctaft, old or rebuilt.

Also are you using kerbal joint reinforcement or 64bit?

Landing it to the airport is not a easy job for somebody.Landing it to the Kennedy Space Center is even harder.

But I got a way to make it back to KCS.

1. Wait till the shuttle is on the oppposite side of the KSC and its orbit is right passing over the KSC.

2. Do the re-entry burn.Make sure the final landing prediction 5400+_300km ahead from the target landing site.(The exact number is deponding on the velocity of the shuttle when backing into atmosphere)

3. When re-entry,keep a 30-degree-AOA ,and roll left or right to adjust the trajectory.

4. Enjoy(or suffer haha)

hope this would help

Hmm getting a strange bug where payloads attached to the shuttles rear bulk head somehow get attached to the ET???

if its the ones I made I can understand, are they mine or other/stock ones?

need details

also can we keep these issues to the development page please?

- - - Updated - - -

Landing it to the airport is not a easy job for somebody.Landing it to the Kennedy Space Center is even harder.

But I got a way to make it back to KCS.

1. Wait till the shuttle is on the oppposite side of the KSC and its orbit is right passing over the KSC.

2. Do the re-entry burn.Make sure the final landing prediction 5400+_300km ahead from the target landing site.(The exact number is deponding on the velocity of the shuttle when backing into atmosphere)

3. When re-entry,keep a 30-degree-AOA ,and roll left or right to adjust the trajectory.

4. Enjoy(or suffer haha)

hope this would help

nice, thanks. can I use this to put on page one for people to read?

Columbia was completely rebuilt, let me see if it was KJR not being installed correctly.

EDIT: Yep KJR was inccorrectly installed, bug aborted, but RO/FAR users have to use KJR.

Mike, there is something very special missing from the shuttle...

...the Sparklers!

EDIT: The Orbiter's monoprop starts to boil off and is nearly empty by a day. The monoprop tanks should not allow that because they were highly pressurized.

Edited by TheRag

sparklers, yes.

I was thinking of how o make the smoke effect sound the SSME's before launch, with particle effects or similar last night.

I know there is a mod for spark shower somewhere.

also im not getting any boil off of any fuel after 2 days in orbit on my RO

how did it happen on yours?

02deq72.png

- - - Updated - - -

unless you have the older patch, all rcs and oms engine use MMH ant NTO, and removed monoprop

Hello! How I can using Canadarm attach module to dock port in shuttle (upsters, on nose) like this: (it is not my screens)

hW4JlzP.jpg

iY0Yuo4.jpg

fgJZv7j.jpg

I was try, but module with Canadarm not attached:(((( I was try many times. On the ground and space. Without this operation I cannot finish ISS:(((

Hello! How I can using Canadarm attach module to dock port in shuttle (upsters, on nose) like this: (it is not my screens)

http://i.imgur.com/hW4JlzP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iY0Yuo4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fgJZv7j.jpg

I was try, but module with Canadarm not attached:(((( I was try many times. On the ground and space. Without this operation I cannot finish ISS:(((

You have to attach the arm to a part using the magnet in the end effector. Richt click it, it should be there. If not, you may not have installed KIS/KAS?

You have to attach the arm to a part using the magnet in the end effector. Richt click it, it should be there. If not, you may not have installed KIS/KAS?

um...wow...A for effort, but an F on placement of that Unity! Wrong side of the Zarya

http://i.imgur.com/hW4JlzP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iY0Yuo4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fgJZv7j.jpg

Its good you are trying it, dont give up.

If you need more help we can talk.

Rocking the buran, oh yeah!

- - - Updated - - -

um...wow...A for effort, but an F on placement of that Unity! Wrong side of the Zarya

Something I would do probably. ts not his screenshots tho

Its good you are trying it, dont give up.

If you need more help we can talk.

Rocking the buran, oh yeah!

- - - Updated - - -

Something I would do probably. ts not his screenshots tho

ok, good point, and I suppose that was not exactly the brightest thing I could have said. I apologize to whoever needs it

I was try in space and on the ground. It is no effect. For now, if you using Canadaarm for mount module ( Node-1 Unity -ISS on screens) it is impossible:( I don't know, how create ISS without this. Ofcous, I can build another rocket and will try againe.

But I want the shuttle:((

@ Irenicus: Looks to me that you placed the arm at a different node then where its supposed to be. The arm should be placed upper left of the cargobay (when youre in top down view) where your are is át the bottom right. Please give that a try first.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm at a second look I think I see the problem. The range and manouvreability of the arm makes it impossible to do what you want. Thats a tricky one. The arm does exactly what the real arm does. Anyone has a thought on this? Am I missing something?

I think I found the problem. There should be 3 axis in the wrist part so my guess is there should be a rotational axis in the underarm part. Its hard to find any data on this.

I'm going to add this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.