[1.3.1] Extended information about scientific experiments in VAB (30 jan 2018)

DennyTX

Goal: a bit helping to select proper experiment for mission.

This simple plugin adds additional info about science experiment to its information panel (RightMouseClick). Now You  can find info about situation when experiment will work and its relations from biomes while constructing your vessel in VAB. Also it adds usage requirements and can trace multiple experiments definitions in one part. Works in VAB-SPH only.

Observed partmodules can be configured using CFG. So, it can trace parts containing stock science module "ModuleScienceExperiment", additional infos will be collected  from its EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION node. Example cfg with nodes for stock science parts, OLDD, StationScience and DMagic's science parts are enclosed. Seems like it can trace any handmaded sciencemodules with its own names from different mods, but only if it were inherited from stock ModuleScienceExperiment.

dis2NtP.png

tX2YFFP.png

CKAN-Indexed-brightgreen.svg   SpaceDock-listed-blue.svg    license-CC%20BY--SA-green.svg

source

DOWNLOAD

Edited by DennyTX
KSP 1.3.1 ready

Good idea, wanted to download it through CKAN and it's not there despite showing the CKAN badge on KerbalStuff.

Yes, same here. I downloaded the mod from KerbalStuff and I'm finding it very useful. But I've been checking everyday to see if it shows up in CKAN, which it hasn't.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/27/2015, 11:18:35, Prezombie said:

Nice little mod, but for some reason if you visit the VAB multiple times, this plugin adds an extra icon in the toolbar, once for each time you've visited. This sounds like a bad idea.

The button is created on entering the VAB, but it's not deleted on leaving.  I've made a fix and made a PR against Denny's repo.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
2 hours ago, Kerbonaut257 said:

This is amazing. I use DMagic and stock modules and I can never remember which science experiments go with which situations! I've needed this for years!

me too, now it's easier to select the right parts. great mod

• 3 weeks later...

@DennyTX

I'm encountering the same bug that @Kerbas_ad_astra reported (and reportedly fixed and submitted a pull request for).
I'm using version 1.2.0.1 of this mod and KSP v1.2.1, but it's doing the exact same thing it was doing in KSP v1.2.0.

To be fair, the only situations where this bug is really annoying are when you want to look at a part that has more than just a single science experiment in it (crew capsules mostly, therm/pressure and acc/grav US wedges from DMagic, USI Kolonization Ranger Comm-lab, probably others too).

Thing is, I'm using a lot of those mentioned parts recently in my career save, so this bug is something that gets to the point of being annoying basically every play session. Don't get me wrong, I like what this mod does, but until it does it right I might have to stop using it.

Edited by SciMan

1 hour ago, SciMan said:

@DennyTX

I'm encountering the same bug that @Kerbas_ad_astra reported (and reportedly fixed and submitted a pull request for).
I'm using version 1.2.0.1 of this mod and KSP v1.2.1, but it's doing the exact same thing it was doing in KSP v1.2.0.

oh ya, i catch it.

well, will be fixed for 1.2.1 in days, when i'll updated all my modes.

Cool, I had a feeling you were either busy with RL stuff or updating your other mods.

Guess I can keep this mod installed if it will only be a few days.
It doesn't get to the "nails on chalkboard" annoying stage until KSP has been running for long enough that I should probably restart it anyways (if only to purge the crud left over by memory leaks and stuff like that).

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mjones1052 said:

Not sure if it's this or another mod, but all of these descriptions says <color=magenta> in bold where it says this can be run if vessel under control, or something along those lines.  Is this a mod manager bug or something?

im getting the same

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.