Dmagic orbital science magnetic contract reseting parameters. [UPDATE]

KSP: 0.1.0.4 Windows 32 bit

Problem: Dmagic orbital science magnetic experiment contracts reset randomly.

Mods Installed:

Dmagic Orbital science

Contract configurator

Contract pack: field science

2a5aba764411d2a79ad7058658839665.png

9db6d1ac2bd238ce071365a3f8d3615c.png

Prop parts

Mk2 essentials

Solar panel action group

Reproduction Steps:

Change scene from KSC to a ship and happens sometimes.

Change scene from a ship to KSC and happens sometimes.

Reverting a ship also causes it sometimes.

Sometimes this camera bug also happens:

ef4b0c9c9a03085fe2b4886643e4970d.png

97786338ac7b5ed58f038f50dfb2787b.png

It is very annoying and the only thing to do to revert back is to close the game, reopen then load a quicksave.

EDIT:

Quoting Dmagic:

I believe the problem is this, which occurs when switching back from your vessel in orbit to the space center (the last time you switch back):

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetGameObject ()
at UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KnowledgeBase.DisposeResourceList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KnowledgeBase.CreateResourceList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KnowledgeBase.OnMapFocusChange (.MapObject target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EventData`1[MapObject].Fire (.MapObject data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (.MapObject tgt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PlanetariumCamera.OnVesselDestroy (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Vessel.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I have no idea what is causing this or why (the DisposeResourceList method is related to the list of resources in the knowledge base resource overlay window), but it is a major problem and errors in Orbital Science contracts are probably the least of your concerns.

It also causes a nasty problem while loading SCANsat which needs to be fixed. Orbital Science is doing what it's supposed to do and gracefully handling the problem by resetting the contract rather than letting the error propagate to other areas.

Also, I think the camera bug is unrelated.

EDIT2:

Updated mod list

Files:

Output log.txt

Edited by Thegamer211

• 1 month later...

Bumping because I'm having this exact issue and I can't find anyone else talking about it. Have never installed Dmagic or any contract-modifying mods, so I doubt those are the problem.

CKAN MODS:

[x] Science!

Adjustable Landing Gear

AntennaRange

BahamutoD Animation Modules

Better Buoyancy

Community Resource Pack

Community Tech Tree

Connected Living Space

Crowd Sourced Science

Dated Quicksaves

EVE (High Res)

EVAManager

Field Experience

Final Frontier

Interstellar Fuel Switch Core

KAS

KIS

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Kerbal Planetary Base Systems

MagiCore

Near Future part packs (all)

Procedural Fairings

RealChute parachute systems

SCANsat

ScienceAlert

Ship Manifest

Stock Bug Fix Modules

Targetron

USI Life Support

VesselMover

NON-CKAN:

BetterTimeWarp

Distant Object Enhancement

Enhanced Navball

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Kopernicus

KSP-AVC

Landing Height Display

MechJeb 2

Module Manager

Precise Node

RCS Build Aid

ScreenMessageHider

SmartStage

Toolbar (Blizzy's)

Trajectories

Transfer Window Planner

But we should probably focus on the ones both of us have installed, so:

CKAN MODS:

[x] Science!

BahamutoD Animation Modules

Better Buoyancy

Community Resource Pack

Community Tech Tree

Field Experience

KAS + KIS

Kerbal Engineer Redux

Kerbal Planetary Base Systems

SCANsat

ScienceAlert

Stock Bug Fix Modules

NON-CKAN:

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Kopernicus

KSP-AVC

Module Manager

Precise Node

RCS Build Aid

Toolbar (Blizzy's)

Trajectories

Transfer Window Planner

It isn't SCANsat because this started happening before I installed it. Other than that I'm really not sure.

The first time it happened was when I crashed into the Mun and tried to load a quicksave; got something like the second image above, with all the widgets in the navball on top of each other, couldn't see any ships, and couldn't do anything. Now it happens seemingly at random when switching/loading vessels, returning to the space center, and sometimes when opening the tracking station. At the space center there's no visible issues but I can't click on anything. Sometimes I can return to the main menu, where none of the buttons work, so I still have to restart. Doesn't require loading any particular part, I've triggered it many times by loading an empty MK1 pod in low Kerbin orbit. There's a chunk of debris at my space center, could that be an issue somehow?

The logs show the exact same error quoted above, shortly after the scene change, and followed by many other NullReferenceExceptions:

[EXC 17:57:04.009] NullReferenceException
UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject ()
KnowledgeBase.DisposeResourceList ()
KnowledgeBase.CreateResourceList ()
KnowledgeBase.OnMapFocusChange (.MapObject target)
EventData`1[MapObject].Fire (.MapObject data)
PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (.MapObject tgt)
PlanetariumCamera.OnVesselDestroy (.Vessel vessel)
EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
Vessel.OnDestroy ()

I'll update this post if I actually get anywhere with this puzzle. As it is, it makes the game practically unplayable because I have to restart the whole thing and go back to whenever I last quicksaved every time this bug happens, and it happens frequently yet unpredictably. Have found no way to reproduce it other than switching between a vessel and the space center 10-20 times, which doesn't always work.

Edit: Not sure if this edit will show up, since I'm a new user...

Trimmed out a lot of mods that were apparently not causing this error, because it's still happening. Most often happens when returning to the tracking station, all the buttons get jumbled up and the GUI doesn't let me do anything. But that's probably because I'm testing it by doing quick launches/orbits/landings and bouncing between the ship and the tracking station.

Community Resource Pack

Dated Quicksaves

DDSLoader (obsolete)

EnhancedNavball

EVAManager

EVE (High Res)

IntuitiveManeuvers (added after problem started)

KAS + KIS

Kerbal Engineer Redux

Kopernicus

MechJeb2

LandingHeight

Stock Bug Fix Modules

Out of those, I'm pretty sure it's EVE, CommunityResourcePack, or DatedQuickSaves, because I haven't gotten he bug to happen without those. CRP is the only one of those the OP also has, and the "KnowledgeBase.DisposeResourceList" also makes me think that may be the issue, somehow. Kopernicus may also be involved. Neither makes much sense because they're not really doing anything with this setup, there's no planet packs or mods using CRP resources...

Conflict between Kopernicus and the resource pack, apparently? I can't seem to make a link without absorbing all the text after it, so: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/91998-1-0-4-Community-Resource-Pack-04-5-0-2015-10-16?p=2204083&viewfull=1#post2204083

GroovyMule's log shows the same danged thing again, with only CRP and Kopernicus installed (and a planet pack, but I've got it happening with no planet packs). Only question is, why does this only happen to some people? Because a lot of people are using those two mods. Must be a weird save file glitch or something...

Edit #2: Yep, just got the glitch with no mods except Kopernicus, CRP, ModuleManager 2.6.8, and a config file for Kopernicus that shouldn't be doing anything (removes a planet from a mod that isn't installed). Haven't seen it yet with just Kopernicus OR the resource pack, nor with only stock (and believe me, I tried). Here's what keeps happening to the tracking station (can't go to any ships, can't even exit the tracking station, but can move around looking at planets):

sweLXiX.jpg

Edit 3: I deleted the BIOME_LOCK_DATA and PLANET_SCAN_DATA (from the stock scanners) in my save file, and so far the problem seems to be gone. Can't be completely sure, since it happens so randomly. But this would make sense if the error is Kopernicus trying to deal with CRP resources. There must be something else to it, otherwise way more people would be having this issue; but hopefully this at least allows save files with this glitch to be repaired.

Edited by kotomikun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.