Looking for mods

Clockwork13

I'm looking for some new mods. I already have plenty that add new things, but I primarily want mods that improve the visuals without affecting performance too much. Anyone have any ideas? I already have a custom skybox but I think I might want to change to another one. I also already have planetshine.

Edited by Clockwork13

*Cool Rockets has some nice pre-launch effects and cryo particles.

*Real Plume makes the rocket engine flame/exhaust better.

*PlanetShine casts colored light reflection onto your craft (so when in orbit of Kerbin, the bottom of your craft looks blue, Duna... red, etc.)

*Distant Object Enhancement lets you see both craft and planetary bodies at a greater distance (but it is realistic, so Jool looks like a green dot from Kerbin). It has other optional stuff, like showing the name when you hover the mouse over it. Very configurable on that front.

*Texture Replacer allows various things, if you have a skybox already you probably have this one.

*Environmental Visual Enhancements adds clouds and there are several "packs" for your preference you can add to it.

*Engine Lighting adds... well you don't need me to tell you what that adds.

This custom skybox is very nice but, it is big. It will reduce your part mod abilities. I'm using a version that has that one combined with another. You can see it here, but again uses a lot of memory. I don't have a link to it, but I suppose I could upload it if you wanted it. EDIT: Actually, not knowing the license I wouldn't feel comfortable redistributing it. If anyone else has an original link, please feel free to let us know.

E9D90B616D176CC64F07C1449C22AE8E5BED89E0

Edited by Alshain

Scatterer, Enviromental Visual Enhancements WIP (Terrain Removed, Atmosphere Disabled), Engine Lighting, Collision FX, GEM FX, and Planet Shine. These are the VFX addons I have installed they look beautiful and have dreamy performance.

Word Of Advice: GEM FX was incedibly hard to find for me so to save you the trouble heres the link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?672483-A-R2-TW-GEMFX-Version-1-0-9

Edited by dudefinal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.