What Mods Will You Install On 1.1?

Superfluous J

...once they're updated for it, of course :)

I'm getting a bit excited about the effective erasure of the memory cap, and am starting to think about the mods I've either never used, or tried but uninstalled because they got me too close to (or sometimes past) crashing.

When 1.1 lands, I know I'm going to reinstall KerbinSide and Texture Replacer (with the biggest, prettiest textures I can find). I may even start dabbling in part mods, something I've never really done.

What about you? What mods are you looking of trying, either again or for the first time, once you are unshackled from the memory cap?

Linux users, feel free to gloat discuss the mod combos you enjoy right now, to give us some ideas as well!

Civilian Population, Extraplanetary Launchpads, and tons of part packs.

Really my biggest excitement for 1.1 originates not so much from the memory cap (though that will be a big plus), but the physics capabilities' increase. Higher part counts will mean bigger bases and space stations are possible, so I'll be picking up mods with functions that didn't work well with small bases, and required bases that I couldn't stand the lag on.

KW Rocketry, all the RN mods, RSS, RO, FASA, trajectories, launchers pack, mechjeb, ker, habitat pack, Kerbal alarm clock, camera tools, hyper edit, Space Shuttle Pack, remote tech, community ISS, star systems or something where you load multiple planet packs in one game, historical contracts, deadly reentry, FAR, near future spacecraft, solar, electrical, propulsion, KSP Interstellar. thats all

I probably won't change much more than I have already to be honest. I'm not a heavy mod user really, most of my RAM is tied up in visual enhancements. I will be adding KIS/KAS again, I dropped them for a while due to memory limitations and that I didn't really need them. I might try KerbinSide again.

Edited by Alshain

Linux users, feel free to gloat discuss the mod combos you enjoy right now, to give us some ideas as well!

If 64-bit KSP for Windows works well, I'll be moving back to Windows for the better frame rates. I've got an ATI R290x and it sucks under Linux.

I'm currently using:

All of Roverdude's mods (Umbra Space Industries)

All of Necrobone's mods such as Fuel Tanks Plus (see the bottom of that post for his other mods)

All of Near Future

MK4 and OPT (even though I suck at spaceplanes, I keep trying)

Civilian Population

Extraplanetary Launchpads

Astronomer's Visual Pack

A bunch of mods that don't change gameplay, just utility mods (like Fusebox or Editor Extensions

Oh god, ALL THE ADDONS! ALL OF THEM!

Also... Any estimate on a release date? Hyped up beyond suppression.

Like 5th said, no idea. But I think Max did say they decided not to release U5 separate from the upcoming features, which means it will be even longer than we were guessing. Most likely they ran into some issues, Max seemed very upset about it even though everyone in chat kept telling him it was fine and we expected it. A game engine change is almost like change programming languages entirely. A little less so because it's one Unity to another Unity but, still.

Everything I have now and a few extra (90+ mods), with the graphics values turned up to [Giant glassy eyed expression of wonder].

When stuck choosing between function and eye-candy, I've been leaning towards function. I have a LOT of mods installed, half of them utility. The other half parts. The 'prettification' mods I've slapped on and off to try and get some immersion, but the fact that they just leave me juggling my play sessions has resulted in me yanking them.

Like 5th said, no idea. But I think Max did say they decided not to release U5 separate from the upcoming features, which means it will be even longer than we were guessing. Most likely they ran into some issues, Max seemed very upset about it even though everyone in chat kept telling him it was fine and we expected it. A game engine change is almost like change programming languages entirely. A little less so because it's one Unity to another Unity but, still.

That is correct.

They've decided to NOT split 1.1 into 2 updates.

I will be installing 5dim Helium-3 Space Mining, Active Texture Management Basic, Addon Version Checker, AIES Aerospace, Asteroid Day, Atmospheric Trajectories, Atomic Age, Bahumoto Dynamics Part Pack, Box Sattelite, CactEye 2 Orbital Telescope, Coherent Contracts, Collision FX, Community Resource Pack, Community Tech Tree, Contact Pack Kerbin Space Station, Contract Configurator, Contract Pack Advanced Progression Contracts, Contract Pack Anomaly Surveyor, Contract Pack Field Research, Contract Pack Kerbal Aircraft Builders, Contract Pack Rover Contacts, Contract Pack SCANSat, Deployable Airbag From USI Survivability Pack, DMagic Orbital Science, Engine Lighting, Enviromental Visual Enhancements WIP (Terrain Removed, Atmosphere Disabled), Exception Detector, Ferram Aerospace Research, Firespitter, Hangar Extender, Hyper Edit, Inline Ballutes, Interstellar Fuel Switch, Karbonite, Karbonite Plus, Kerbal Aircraft Expansion, Kerbal Attachment System, Kerbal Crew Manifest, Kerbal Inventory System, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, Kerbal Serious Business, Kerbal Stock Part Expansion, KerBalloons, Kethane, Kinetic Penetrator, KOSMOS SSPP Pack, KOSMOS SSPP Unnoficial Community Fixes For 1.0.4, KOSMOS URM Pack, KOSMOS URM Unnoficial Community Fixes For 1.0.4, KSP API Extentions, KSP Interstellar Extended, Kurrikane Science Probes, KW Rocketry, KW Rocketry Unnoficial Community Fixes For 1.0.4, Lack Luster Labs Lack Luster Labs Pack, Lack Luster Labs Stock Extension Pack, LazTek SpaceX Colonial Transporter, LazTek SpaceX Exploration Expansion, LazTek SpaceX Historic Archive, LazTek SpaceX Launch Pack, Mech Jeb, Mech Jeb Ferram Aerospace Reseach Compatability Module, Modular Flight Integrator, Module Manager, Near Future Construction, Near Future Electrical, Near Future Propulsion, Near Future Solar, Near Future Spacecraft, Nehemiahs Kemini Research Program Unnoficial Release For 1.0.4, Nehemiahs Kerbal Enviromental Effects Study Unnoficial Release For 1.0.4, Nehemiahs Kerbal Life Science Unnoficial Release For 1.0.4, Nehemiahs Orbital Material Science Unnoficial Release For 1.0.4, Nova Punch, Open Resource System, Orbital Decay, Persistent Thrust, Planet Shine, Portable Science Container, Procedural Dynamics Procedural Wing, Procedural Fairings, Procedural Fairings For Everything, Procedural Parts, Procedural Probes, Quick Search, Real Chutes, SCANSat, Scatterer, Science Alert, Solaris Hypernautics, Sounding Rockets, SpaceY Extended, SpaceY Heavy Lifter Parts, Stage Recovery, Station Science, Stock Bug Fix Modules, Stockalike Station Parts Expansion, Tarsier Space Technology, Toolbar, Tweak Scale, Universal Storage, And Any Dependencies I Don't Want But Have To Have simultaneously on KSP 1.1. That is 101 mods not including unwanted dependencies such as crossfeed enabler. I am confident that most if not all of these mods will work side by side as I have tried it before on x64. I am not sure about Real Chutes though. I CANT WAIT TILL 1.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When 1.1 lands, I know I'm going to reinstall KerbinSide and Texture Replacer (with the biggest, prettiest textures I can find). I may even start dabbling in part mods, something I've never really done.

Oh yes to that!

A very sad fact is I have never seen any texture that is good quality. I am stuck in half resolution open GL with aggressive management turned on. So I never really see the real wonderful textures created by the modding community. Visual enhancement of any kind is also currently impossible. Despite having a medium to high end computer that should be running KSP full screen, with high resolution textures and scattered atmospheric effects.

It is also a shame that some very good mod work gets ditched because it does not make the cut. There is only room for really popular mods. Best I can do is run multiple versions of KSP to play with different collections of mods. My current basic install in career mode has 124 mods but some good stuff had to be ditched to save memory space.

We need a stable 64 bit build.

None.

Because after 1.1 is out, all the mods will be broken.

Also, mod makers will have to learn Unity 5 and all the new and changed things. It will take time,and also mod quality can drop due to inexperience in changed environment.

I will backup my installation, and continue to use it until multitude of mods I use is updated or replaced with similar mods.

I don't mean, that update is bad, I mean that we have tough times ahead, and better be prepared. (Backup-ed :D )

This good advice. Don't expect an overnight change. I will also be playing the current build well passed the introduction of 1.1

Edited by nobodyhasthis

Probably no more gameplay or parts mods than I already use (KIS, KAS, KAC and KER) but I'll probably go to town on graphics mods. Jeb is going to look fabulous.

Incidentally (I know this probably isn't the thread to ask in, but what the hell), am I right in thinking there won't be a RAM limit at all once we're in 64bit? Would it be worth adding more, do you think? (I'm at 8GB right now, can easily go up to 16 but never bothered because nothing really uses all of it at the moment)

Edited by Panzerbeard

Realism Overhaul and all the attendant mods, just like my current install. Really can't play KSP any other way anymore. I might try stock career mode for a bit to see the changes but I feel like I'll just continue to be disappointed because ~contracts~ and ~science~. Performance gains will be very welcome, though.

5fy4qad.png

If 64-bit KSP for Windows works well, I'll be moving back to Windows for the better frame rates. I've got an ATI R290x and it sucks under Linux.

I'm currently using:

All of Roverdude's mods (Umbra Space Industries)

All of Necrobone's mods such as Fuel Tanks Plus (see the bottom of that post for his other mods)

All of Near Future

MK4 and OPT (even though I suck at spaceplanes, I keep trying)

Civilian Population

Extraplanetary Launchpads

Astronomer's Visual Pack

A bunch of mods that don't change gameplay, just utility mods (like Fusebox or Editor Extensions

I'm running all of these on Win32 exec :v (except visual pack) AND MANY MORE :D

Realism Overhaul and all the attendant mods, just like my current install. Really can't play KSP any other way anymore. I might try stock career mode for a bit to see the changes but I feel like I'll just continue to be disappointed because ~contracts~ and ~science~. Performance gains will be very welcome, though.

http://i.imgur.com/5fy4qad.png

Well when the time comes for 1.1 on my "stock" play through I'd like to spruce it up a bit. Because yea. I can no longer take the stock contract/science system. So what I've been thinking about doing is via the cheat menu ( upon which I forget how to open up. Hold shift for five seconds or something? ) give myself whatever I need to unlock all the parts of the tech tree. All except the science nodes. Then make it so 100% of science is converted to funds via the strategy. So here I have a full parts list at my disposal. And in order to fund the next mission I need science.

As for the lack luster contract system... I don't know. I'll take the contracts that are only relevant to what I want to do to gain more funds. Plus ill have all the parts unlocked so that aspect there should make the contracts more enjoyable. The only hurdle would be money. Which is what would prevent me from creating a moon rocket for the first flight.

So that's what I'll do to change things up. Hopefully it works out.

Edited by Motokid600

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.