What Mods Will You Install On 1.1?

Superfluous J

off-topic:

So that's what I'll do to change things up. Hopefully it works out.
Good luck. I feel like KSP could have used time constraints, budgets, upkeep, programs, proposals, and all kinds of other ideas to make career mode actually feel like a career. Instead we got ... contracts. I don't think anything can make contracts really work in the long run. RP-0 has been kind of fun but that's probably because I'm starting to actually like KCT (although the rollout time pisses me off; why not just roll it into build time so I only have to timewarp once? AAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH).

All the VFX mods, with all the big textures, with all the settings turned to 11. All of them. Also, my usual suite of tools and utilities plus Claw's bugfixes. Kerbinside does look pretty interesting, might try that, too.

For my RO install, as above plus all the procedural parts, plus every engine with an RO config I can get my hands on. Probably some historical Russian and US rockets, too.

I think i will end up with my current mod list (about 90 Mods currently) but with less restrictive Texture settings. And without the need to use the dreaded openGL.

Oh and the Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter, that i now spared from my install. On the Parts side, thats Fasa, Cacteye, KW, Tantares, Taerobee, USI, UniversalStorage, My Proton, Vens Revamp and KSO.

Every. Stock enhancement mod. Ever. ;)

PlanetShine, KSPRC, EVE, WindowShine (As soon as I update it), SPPCC (As soon as I overhaul it), RCS sounds, Docking sounds, WaterSounds, Atmospheric Sound Enhancement, Soundtrack Editor, Free IVA (Once it's released), TextureReplacer, Stock Bug Fix Modules, RealPlume, ScienceAlert, Kerbal Construction Time, Stage Recovery, RasterProp Monitor, some of Magico's Modlets, Chatterer, KerbCam, Hyperedit, custom skybox, custom KSPRC textures... Contracts Configurator, Rover Wheel Sounds, Stock Clamshell fairings, Trajectories, Waypoint manater, EVE, Engine Lighting, Collision effects, Destruction Effects, that's about all I can remember. Might be a few more but you get the idea ;)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Well first and foremost will be my current mod list...

Astonomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2, Chatterer, Coherent Contracts, Collision FX, Contracts Window, Destruction Effects, Distant Object Enhancement, Docking Port Alignment Indicator, Editor Extensions, Engine Lighting, EVE, Exception Detector, G-Effects, JDiminishingRTG, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, Kerbal Engineer Redux, KerboKatz - Small Utilities, Kopernicus, Landing Height, MechJeb, Menu Stabilizer, Open Tree, Outer Planets Mod, PlanetShine, Precise Node, Protractor, Malah's Quick Mods, RasterPropMonitor, RCS Build Aid, RCS Sounds, Real Chute, Real Plume, Rover Wheel Sounds, SCANSat, Science Alert, Ship Effects Sound Mod, Smoke Screen, Stage Recovery, Stock Clamshell Fairings, Stock Bug Fix Modules, Texture Replacer, Blizzy's Toolbar, Trajectories, Transfer Window Planner, Vessel Viewer, Water Sounds, and Waypoint Manager.

Currently that mod list has a 50/50 chance of crashing the game when I start it up, so having no RAM limit is going to be a big plus, as that's what is currently limiting the number of mods I'm running. Although to be completely honest I'm not really sure what additional mods I'll get when I don't have a RAM limit, maybe I'll look into some part mods since I've always valued visuals, sounds and utilities over extra parts. Also I'll probably get KAS and maybe some life support plugins as well... Actually on second thought I might chance installing KAS and some life support mods right now and hope it doesn't crash. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Huh so apparently I was able to install KAS, KIS, Universal Storage, TAC LS, and Deep Freeze and it still only maintains a 50/50 chance of crashing. :)

Edited by CoriW

For me, I'll have two installations: Kerbal and Human.

For the Kerbal installation, I'll be installing:

*New Horizons

*KW Rocketry

*NovaPunch

*AEIS Aerospace

*Kethane

*Karbonite

*DMagic Orbital Science

*Universal Storage

*STX

*Tantares

*Procedural Fairings

*Procedural Parts

*Station Parts Expansion

*SELV

For the human installation:

*Realism Overhaul

*Real Solar System

*RP-0

*FASA

*SSP (plus ISS)

*Launchers Pack

*CST-100 Starliner

*Historical Rockets, Probes, and Stations

*Houston

*All RN packs

*Anything else I find

Mods to be used by both installs:

*MechJeb (I can't fly unless it's an unmanned suborbital test, landing a capsule on Kerbin, or crashing for the hell of it...)

*Module Manager

*Toolbar

*Science Alert

*Connected Living Spaces

*KAS

*KIS

Edited by BNSF1995

Well- since I'm running Linux and I already have all the mods I care to have.. about 60 in total... I'll probably just stick to 1.0.4 until most of them get updated. I'll probably play stock 1.1 to see the new features and changes though.

Kerbal Engineer Redux, FAR, Kerbal Flight Data, SCANsat, MechJeb, DMagic Orbital Science, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, Home Grown Rocket Parts, RemoteTech 2, SETI tech tree and contracts, RealChute, Procedural Fairings, GCmonitor, QuickScroll, QuickGoTo, USI Life Support, ForScience Continued, Trajectories.

Since (according to CKAN) I'm already running 76 mods, the only thing left that I want to add is OPM. That said I will definitely be upgrading all the textures for EVE and Interstellar to 8k, and I'll be able to stop using -forceopengl so no more missing shadows. I'll still prune the tanks and wings though just because for the most part they really are pointless clutter.

Hah, I'm the opposite. I've actually been able to pare down my mods thanks to improvements in the game. I used to use DRE and FAR but now the basic aero and heat is acceptable. I use Antenna Range but the base game is getting that next too. So yeah, here's to hoping scatterer and EVE get replaced by the base game one day too!

Hah, I'm the opposite. I've actually been able to pare down my mods thanks to improvements in the game. I used to use DRE and FAR but now the basic aero and heat is acceptable. I use Antenna Range but the base game is getting that next too. So yeah, here's to hoping scatterer and EVE get replaced by the base game one day too!

Indeed. FAR was pretty much the first mod I installed everytime the game updated and now I just don't really bother anymore. I do like parts and visual enhancement though and I look forward to add those back.

BTW, random question here. I have a more than capable computer and didn't have problems with hiccup lag. I do now in the current version. Is this a common problem that has been addressed elsewhere already or is this version somewhat laggy? (I'm only running Kerbal Engineer)

• 2 weeks later...

What I will not be doing is any changes until 1.1 comes. The upcoming 1.0.5 is just going to restrict the number of mods. Plus lets face it most of us already have it installed with mods. I am grateful for a new patch to be released. The trouble is I just don't have the space for it with the RAM limit. Until that gets fixed I will stick with specific mods.

Edited by nobodyhasthis
I posted when sleepy. Need to fix speeling, speling, speed- Oh you get the point! :-P

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.