MTS Ltd. Tuned SAS Set 0.3 -- now with Atmospheric Model

Corona688

[updated the updated update!]

mts-sas2.png

MTS SAS Set 0.3(1.4MB)

Now with the 'green' spaceplane model, for easy malingering maneuvering in-atmosphere! It stabilizes tumbling without holding to one strict course. Used for rocket-planes and the like.

It's a fact: Different rockets need different Automatic Stabilizers. The stock SAS has your tiny upper stages weebling and wobbling with overshoot, but won't push heavy ones enough to keep them out of the drink. They don't lack force -- they push too much too soon, or too little too late. MTS Ltd can customize them for your applications.

One stock-model SAS struggles hard to keep our Stargoose test-craft aloft:

screenshot36.jpg

But the same craft with a model #2.4.6 'small blue' stays straight and level, even during stage changes!

screenshot32.jpg

It also works well for tiny upper-stages that the stock SAS wobbles madly:

screenshot31.jpg

And lastly, the part everyone's been screaming for: The Model #2.12.6 'big red'! A single 'big red' module can keep an entire Mark III Orbiter* vertical with no manual input -- a feat which took three stock models and manual input! Not reccomended for small rockets as it reacts slower by design.

screenshot30.jpg

These are all tuned stock SAS's. We haven't needed to boost their force at all. Just remember that SAS aren't magic. If you can't fly a rocket with manual input, one SAS won't do the job no matter how well tuned. Also remember these are gyroscopes, not rockets -- they work best placed near the center of mass!

Now includes the Spaceplane model for atmospheric maneuvering.

* Mark III needs modded parts, the Joyeuse inline couplers and Stellarcom depleted uranium lawn gnome communications satellite.

MTS SAS Set 0.3(1.4MB)

Hi! When ever I save a ship containing this Improved SAS, I am unable to load the saved ship.

I get this message: 'Loaded Ship Missing Parts' visible in place of name of the vehicle and game freezes.

Help!

Hi! When ever I save a ship containing this Improved SAS, I am unable to load the saved ship.

I get this message: 'Loaded Ship Missing Parts' visible in place of name of the vehicle and game freezes.

Help!

open the part config file and take all the _ out of the 'names'.

Right now I'm getting a missing parts notification whenever I try loading any ship that has mod parts on them. I remove all the underscores from the part names and it's not changing anything. Anyone know how to fix this? All my best ship designs have mod parts on them. :'(

Right now I'm getting a missing parts notification whenever I try loading any ship that has mod parts on them. I remove all the underscores from the part names and it's not changing anything. Anyone know how to fix this? All my best ship designs have mod parts on them. :'(

Are you using the new experimental version?

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.