Squadcast Summary 2015/09/25 - The Heart To Heart On Sleeve Episode

Superfluous J

In this analogy, the "tyres" are something that prevents the unmodded game from bugging out constantly.

It might not have been explicitly stated that I'd get these tyres in the advert, but any fair-minded buyer would expect it to be the case.

Good analogy to a car dealership. You have to pay extra for the tires, but they'll throw in the "breaks" for free!

HAHA ha ha ha ahem

... Well I thought it was funny, of course is just in jest

Rather than start a new thread for this, I figured I'd just tack it on here.

I'm going on a vacation starting on Friday, and I will not be able to do the Squadcast Summary this Friday or the next. If someone could step in that'd be great. I can pick it back up after that.

I'll be able to watch both of those Squadcasts so I could do the recaps if you'd like.

Just a heads up, unfortunately there won't be a Squadcast tonight.

This is oddly great news, as I'm leaving on a one-week vacation today :D

I hope it's for good reasons, like Max's uncle's in town and buying everybody drinks.

(I'll still need someone else to do a write-up next week, as I'll not be home until Sunday at best)

• 2 weeks later...

Not much new, most things are already known from Dev Tuesdays/posts, and I had no inclination to describe everything Maxmaps did on screen, so I will just add it here.

(Lets just say that he really has to remap his staging button ... :D ... and maybe he will find out about him attaching his fuel lines the wrong way in the last minute of the stream while building the next rescue vehicle ... :wink: )

- Contextual Contracts, creating contracts targeting crafts already in space

- thermal fixes (Jool aerobreaking, Kerbals heating up on LKO)

- radiators and everything thermal has been reworked inc. ablative shielding

- RTG heat-production (Kerbal-Popcorning eventually possible!)

- lots of praise for NathanKell and his bug-hunting-powers

- PorkJet updating more old parts that may have looked great, but do no longer fit the new (Porkjety) look of the newer parts

- aerodynamic parts have priority, rocket parts may come later

- Kerbal super-bounciness (ragdolling) fix in 1.1 (possibly, more next Squadcast)

- all parts that are complete will be in 1.0.5, but he did not specify

- surface sampling animation is done! Just being tweaked to match the sampled body colorwise - and waiting for more important updates to be done timewise.

- Mun has no official pronounciation - until Harvester someday puts his foot down and declares one to be right - but the guys at the studio themselves use lots of different ways to pronounce it themselves.

- A fan sent Squad Kerbal dogtags, Maxmaps grabbed a skeleton Kerbal.

- 1.0.5 already in QA and nearer than the community might think

- 1.1 close, but not too close, but still in 2015

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Thanks KerbMav! The new aerospike looks awesome, but I'm going to miss the old one. I think it's one of the oldest parts that hasn't received an update untill now.

Yeah, almost every part from that time has been updated since then. That small parachute has been evading revamps since the very first version, though. :P

Is anyone else more excited that the Aerospike looks like an Aerospike than they are about the ability to put it in a stack? Or is it just me?

Not that I won't appreciate the stack node. I'm already envisioning some two stage to orbit ideas that drop the jet engines one the way up and land unpowered.

Edited by Alshain

Is anyone else more excited that the Aerospike looks like an Aerospike than they are about the ability to put it in a stack? Or is it just me?

Not that I won't appreciate the stack node. I'm already envisioning some two stage to orbit ideas that drop the jet engines one the way up and land unpowered.

You're right, it looks much better than the old one.

They still don't gimbal, though. That's a fairly major issue.

With reaction wheels being quite OP that's not really a problem. They should not have better vacuum performance than terriers or poodles, they are supposed to be good across a range of atmospheres starting at plus mach pressures.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.