Can't clamber back into my ship.

See title. I landed on Tylo and I can't get back into my capsule because my Kerbal won't climb over onto the top of the fuel tank.

http://gfycat.com/SickInnocentGelada

Every time '[F]: Climb Out' appears, I'm pressing it, but the Kerbal doesn't do anything.

I could always enable Hack Gravity to get back into the ship but I want to know if it's me who's doing something wrong.

I have mods but I don't think they're doing anything to cause this. I have Kerbal Engineer, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, Kerbal Alarm Clock, and Stock Bugfix Modules.

Thanks!

Ladder behaviour is full of, let's say "features", that are here to make your life harder.

I'm not sure there's a lot you can do there; but when back in the VAB, you should either put your ladder higher as Yukon said, or add a 45° angled ladder for your kerbal to be able to properly stand over the tank after climbing.

I'll have set up some different ladder configurations on the launchpad to see what works.

I think you're tapping F when the Kerbal is just a little too high up the ladder, the "[F] climb out" actually disappears when you moved upwards.

So try putting the Kerbal lower so "[F] climb out" is visible and try again :)

I had tried that, the Kerbal bobbing up and down is me pressing up and F at the same time, though I did also try pressing F while not pressing up - nothing happens.

Okay, you don't want the Kerbal to be bobbing up and down, that's what happens when you are at the very top of the ladder, trying to climb with W (and pressing F at the same time), if you're too high the Kerbal will try to climb off the top of the ladder, slip off and fall to the ground.

If F isn't doing anything it's because clamber/grab isn't available, it only works when the on-screen notification tells you it's an option.

Here's a vid of the clamber in action, the Kerbal is much lower on the ladder than in your gif, W wasn't needed, just a tap on F to "climb out" of the ladder.

Hope this helps.

Been there, done that. And again. And again.

I've made that design mistake enough times to get into the habit of testing my lander on the launch pad. Testing procedure is simple:

• Get out for EVA (great way to discover that your hatch is blocked by a solar panel, as opposed to discovering after landing on Dres)
  • Descend down the ladder (yes, jumping is an option... but it's so unprofessional)
  • Walk around the lander
  • Return to ladder (can you get there?)
  • Board craft

It takes maybe two minutes but it saves a ton of agony downstream.

add a 45° angled ladder for your kerbal to be able to properly stand over the tank after climbing.

Doing this worked on the launchpad with a test craft, but for this particular mission I had to hack gravity to get back.

https://www./?4i75bovkb1xpa94 Here's the .sfs file of the Kerbal and lander on Tylo, you guys can feel free to try and get her back into the capsule.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.