A380 replica

kidolvski

Hey man! Looks cool. :)

Mind if I give you some advice on replica building? It sort of comes from the movie Karate Kid. The trainer guy (real name :P) says to the karate kid (also real name) who is sitting in front of a bonsai tree "Picture tree. Think only tree. Nothing but tree. Close eyes, clear head and think about tree..." Then he pauses for a bit and says "Now, open eyes and make tree." This is sort of what I do when I build replicas. Picture in your mind what you want it to look like and then try every possible way to make it look like that. Don't be afraid to redo things as well. The first time is not always the best. And also don't be afraid to use the Gizmos. They are your best friend when building replicas.

In the end, you may end up using parts that at first you never thought you would use. But just experiment with as many things as you can. :)

YargJay9991

I Love Replicas

Yeah I know...

My PC is pretty high end (16GB Ram, i7 Ghz unsure but it's high, quad-core processors etc. :P) I can run KSP at almost full graphics settings if I don't go over board with parts.

ATM the part count is around 270 but it needs wings... Anyone know anyone who could help me? It needs to be stock. I hope that each main wing will be around 100-150 parts if I'm lucky. I estimate the final part count will be around 650-700. Which isn't to bad :sticktongue:

Hope you like it!

YargJay9991

EDIT: I'm making the wings hollow to cut down on parts... Just like the real thing! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.