Parts Missing After mod update?

Hi. I downloaded: Kerbal Engineer Redux last year, moved house and recently got back onto the internet just a couple of days ago, I had to download the update and since then there were some parts missing in my parts menu, new ones tho which is cool but some of the old ones are missing, even the thermometer which I can't get back. Can anyone please steer me in the right direction? cheers!

Hi nightfireadam, can you please provide more information.

Which parts are missing?

Which version of KSP did you update from?

Which version of KSP do you use? (Steam, store, other)

What folders are in your GameData folder?

What's in your KSP_Data\output_log.txt file ? (upload this to a file site or the contents to Hastebin)

Have you tried reinstalling?

I use the Steam KSP, don't know I think the version is 1.0.4.

KerbalEngineer, and Squad is in the GameData Folder.

What file site do I upload the file to? Never heard of hastebin.

Not sure of all the parts missing but the ones I noticed so far are the thermometer, the standard stack decoupler (the yellow one) there was a couple of others which I can't remember but I need the thermometer for this mission I'm on.

Haven't done a reinstall yet.

I hope this is enough info for you.

Well, as you use Steam I suggest you verify the game cache first, it'll restore any missing or modified Squad files.

If that doesn't solve it, open the games folder, then the KSP_Data folder, look for output_log.txt

Upload the file to a site like dropbox or the copy and paste the contents of the file to hastebin, save it and post the new addressbar link here and I'll be able to see if KSP has any errors.

Okay so if it's in your sandbox save it's in KSP, as it is not in your career save you may have installed something prior to this that changed the tech tree, so the parts have not been researched yet (they are in a different node).

Have you used any other addons when playing this career save and if so what were they?

Please upload the career save folder, the KSP.log and your sensorThermometer.cfg (this last one can be found in the GameData\Squad\Parts\Science\sensorThermometer\ folder).

Also, please test a new career game, the sensor should be in the "basic science" node near the start.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.