transfer window planner help

this may be a stupid question but can someone please explain how to ejection angle works when using the transfer window planner? i've been experimenting with it but everytime i end up using thousands more Dv than what the planner calculated. i think i'm leaving LKO at the wrong point in orbit..

for example, if i'm suposed to eject from LKO at 26.6°, 26° from what? where is the 0° point?

thanks

Edited by Belphegor

I'm not certain how everybody else does it, but I just use the visual tools available in the stock game to get my ejection angle correct.

When I set up an interplanetary maneuver node, I create it when the window occurs and add the amount of delta-v specified in the transfer planner.

Then, I zoom out far enough to see Kerbin's orbit line around the sun and my post-maneuver trajectory. I want to eject directly along Kerbin's orbit. In the same direction as Kerbin orbits if I'm going outward (Duna, Dres, Jool, Eeloo) or the opposite direction if I'm going inward (Eve or Moho). I zoom in and slide my maneuver node around on the current orbit line and try to line up my ejection. I zoom back out to check, and back in to adjust. Nothing numeric - just eyeballing it until it's as perfect as possible.

Works for me. YMMV.

Happy landings!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.