Farscape Module [1.0.4]

Odyssey

VRU7LWI.png

Farscape Module

Houston, this is Farscape One, I am free and flying

t4f0FcJ.png

From Mike-NZ and CommanderSpock comes a sci-fi hot rod for jetting all around the Kerbal system. It's the Farscape module.

Farscape from KerbalStuff

Farscape from Curse

Comes with 2 variations:

Farscape One - with a limited (but powerful) engine running off of standard fuel and oxidizer, perfect for testing out slingshot maneuvers or when you just want to get away from it all.

Farscape (Hetch) - which is gonna haul you anywhere you want to go at near-ludicrous speeds. You'll feel like you were shot out of a wormhole. Moya's Hetch drive is alien technology, so handle with care. Note to hot shots, don't try to go full throttle with this bad boy in low atmo, the air will rip you apart in under 20 seconds flat. Handle that throttle with care.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

A great mod for kids and astronauts new to the game. Can be hideously overpowered, but, as it's based on a sci-fi ship designed for high-speed flight testing, we think it's a good choice for zipping around the Uncharted Territories.

f6Ng9Pl.png

Look upward and share the wonders I've seen - John Crichton

nokHeFH.png

Also comes with an IASA flag for your flagpole

b1ufnFD.png

Edited by Odyssey

Hey man I have dome modifications for the wings if you want them. I was working on them before mike gave it to you, so I don't know if he implemented it yet or not.

Yeah, send me a message with the download. I'll do an update. I assume this is about flaps and/or control surfaces?

To all, I'm at work currently and not able to do everything I'd like to update the mod. (Parts yes, but the craft files will need updating as well.)

I'll be back in front of a Kerbal-ready computer in 8 hours. Should have all sites updated shortly after. Stay tuned for updated manuevering!

Thanks for your patience!

- - - Updated - - -

Omg so awesome! Nicely done as well. Now it just needs a Hetch Drive version! john Crichton Kerman will be very pleased...

We're working on a hetch drive part configuration (i.e. so it looks like a hetch drive, with the gold spikes) but in the meantime, the standard Farscape config (not the Farscape One, but the one with the big red tank) should give you all the feel of a hetch drive, plus a little extra. It's our get-the-heck-outta-there special.

Interesting. With adaptations it could be a nice EELV-launched spaceplane.

In the show, Farscape was launched from a shuttle in orbit to test high-speed maneuvers. The X-planes mod that Mike-NZ has may offer a way to do some atmospheric drop tests. It's certainly something we'll look into.

In the show, Farscape was launched from a shuttle in orbit to test high-speed maneuvers. The X-planes mod that Mike-NZ has may offer a way to do some atmospheric drop tests. It's certainly something we'll look into.
I actually just read Wikipedia, and apparently Farscape is based on the X-38.

Updated Curse and KerbalStuff.

Wing characteristics are updated as are some of the names.

Mike- where did you find the picture? I'll want to take a look at that source.

And we probably need to look at moving the CG, that's why the ship can't take off until it hits the end of the runway. It's got to have a way to push down on the back end.

7oYFdUV.png

And for you guys who wanted to see a kerbal in the cockpit

Ob6sKuD.png

inbuilt control surfaces generate the lift from the parent wings centre of lift.

you will get greater effect if the COL was further back, however the weight will be further ahead of the wings COL.

its a trade off.

best thing we can do is either add separate control surfaces somewhere, either visible or not, or add them to another object on the craft.

Oh, and Given as the wing values that were given to you came from me, would you mind adding me as a contributor in the OP? Thanks!

Right-o, got you on the front page now and we'll add your name to the part files in the next update. Thanks Spock!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.