Farscape Module [1.0.4]

Odyssey

I think they need to reorganize the directories in the mod so it is a little more obvious where things go. The stuff in gamedata goes in that directory. Ships go in the ships directory in the KSP main directory. I wasn't sure where the flags went so I put that directory in the one directory I placed in gamedata. Perhaps a little help for us KSP noobs would not be out of the question?

That being said, this ship does move like the proverbial bat out of hell.

[Edit]

I saw in another post that people added flags to gamedata/Squad/flags/ directory.

Edited by thesmokindeist
Update

• 3 months later...

I've been away since 1.0.5 dropped.  All the heat business with having to throw radiators at everything took a lot of the fun out of the game for me.  Mike, (who is really the brains behind all this) is off doing some other stuff for a while, but I plan to come back and take a fresh look at everything when 1.1 comes out.  We'll just have to see if that will get Mike-NZ reinterested and if so, what happens then.

Ideally, I'd like to carry on from here and revamp the Farscape for 1.1, get the Buzz Lightyear mod going as well and then do a couple of new projects, but only time will tell.  

• 3 weeks later...

I miss a little feature in this amazing mod, although i know that the developer is trying to mimic an existing model, but lack of cargo bay is bothering me, is there anyway to properly add a cargo bay to this mod? also, a foldable docking node on the roof would be nice to have

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

ive got it in my 1.2 pre.

the FS engine works as usual, I asume the HETCH will also, (I only use the normal engine.

The cocpit in 1.1.3 and the engines worked fine - you just had to rebalance the weight a little by adding stuff (clipped inside to hide it) to move the COM and COT to align. its just a matter of doing that till you get the sweet spot.

there are no working RCS thrusters built in though. even thou it looks like there is.

otherwise it works fine.

the wheels on the otherhand are a gonner. I use small landing gear (tier 1 proper ones) just as above tweak where you place them for max balance and stability.

I love Farcape  so this is essential to my playthroughs. I am so glad that it still works - even though needing a little adjustment in the sph.

Edited by C04L

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, why mod developers don't change the license when they notice that they won't be able to maintain their mod any more , i hope this will get updated to 1.2 by the original developer or at least he let others pick the project back up

trust me, if i knew how to handle the issues with heat change and how to do ksp mod development myself, i would go against all the rules at least to have a working copy for myself :/ i hope one day people develop a rule or copy right for these kind of situations at least for modding games so that when the developers become MIA others could pick up the torch and run

Odyssey is back (at least testing the waters again).  Gonna try and get the Redwolf Aerospace band back together.  Can someone tell me what the latest good mods are for 1.2?  

Did they get the KSO back up and running?  What's up with Mechjeb?  Is the reentry heat still annoying as all get-out?

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone.

A lot of you have been asking for updates.  I'll be honest with you.  My contribution here was mostly in design and concept and research.  I'm not skilled enough to do the coding updates myself.  
Mike-NZ and CommanderSpock are really the brains behind this.  I've tried contacting both recently but Mike-NZ seems to be away and I'm not sure what the latest is with Spock.  I love the mod too and I'd love to see it updated, it's just not really in my power at this time.  I'll continue to try contacting them and will update you when I know more.

Thank you for the interest and keep flying!

-Ody

3 hours ago, Odyssey said:

I'm not skilled enough to do the coding updates myself. 

There's no plugins in this mod... ??
I assume you mean the configuration work?

The textures & UVing could really use some optimizing... Lots of separate unnecessary textures...Some duplicated textures between the Parts and Spaces folders, too...

5 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

who knows? maybe @linuxgurugamer would like helping. he already made huge impact on modding community by maintaining so many mods, but he is a good programmer with 0 talent on modeling texturing etc.

I've just reached out to @linuxgurugamer.  I'll let you know what I hear from (him? her? them?).

Hey guys I've got a working version of this thing just tested it in latest KSP and it's fine everything does what it's supposed to and orbiting returning was trouble free,  I updated it to add to my memory lane collection,  have no plans other than that     I still have to update  wheels (which i passed on last time i looked) and I'll pass it on to any interested party, or you can have it right now

Spoiler

vv6Fxma.png

xJRDqfA.png

b1tYX3X.png

tPxHIu4.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/1/2016 at 11:12 AM, Stone Blue said:

Its also All Rights Reserved licensing, so unless Odyssey comes back, this is pretty much D-E-D

It was ARR because it didn't list a license, but I just got permission from @Odyssey to re-release it.

On 10/13/2016 at 2:00 PM, Jiraiyah said:

Damn, why mod developers don't change the license when they notice that they won't be able to maintain their mod any more , i hope this will get updated to 1.2 by the original developer or at least he let others pick the project back up

See above

On 4/7/2017 at 7:23 PM, astronomercoollol said:

can you put to 1.2 version please? i really want this

The wheels are going to be a problem, may need some help on them

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.