Blood Moon

legoclone09

Conditions were perfect, however it was my first time doing time lapses of any sort and somewhat of a learning experience.

Very nice. What kind of intervalometer are you using? Have you ever seen the one from TriggerTrap? They're a UK company, for what it is worth. They make an app for iOS and Android phones and a dongle that connects the audio jack on your phone with your camera's shutter release jack. I mention it because you might be interested in it for the exposure ramping capabilities that it gives you. And it is, like, an order of magnitude cheaper than similarly featured intervalometers from camera OEMs.

Very nice. What kind of intervalometer are you using? Have you ever seen the one from TriggerTrap? They're a UK company, for what it is worth. They make an app for iOS and Android phones and a dongle that connects the audio jack on your phone with your camera's shutter release jack. I mention it because you might be interested in it for the exposure ramping capabilities that it gives you. And it is, like, an order of magnitude cheaper than similarly featured intervalometers from camera OEMs.

I just used the built-in interval timer on my Nikon DSLRs at fixed exposure settings

I have to say I kinda like the huge changes in light levels

Well it makes very little difference. The "super moon" thing isn't noticeable to the naked eye. Through binoculars or telescopes it'll just look the same as a bit more magnification, still pretty insignificant.

With or without magnification you can observe details a little better. It makes a difference, albeit a small one.

With or without magnification you can observe details a little better. It makes a difference, albeit a small one.

Still, full moons are pretty uninteresting to observe, regardless of size

Eclipse aside, I'd take a half-moon at apogee over a full moon at perigee any day for the pleasure of viewing surface features in relief

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.