The Supermoon Total Eclipse - Who Watched It?

The_Rocketeer

Did you see the supermoon total eclipse?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Did you see the supermoon total eclipse?

• Yep! :D
    • Tried, but no :(
    • Couldn't be bothered/had work.
    • Huh? What's a supermoon?

The Eclipse was amazing, i was up from 4:00 looking at it and imaging it, also the Orion nebula and Venus were amazing at the east

posted an image at the stargazing thread but i also post it here since there is an open thread (shameless self promotion :sticktongue:)

album_pic.php?pic_id=19166

The Eclipse was amazing, i was up from 4:00 looking at it and imaging it, also the Orion nebula and Venus were amazing at the east

posted an image at the stargazing thread but i also post it here since there is an open thread (shameless self promotion :sticktongue:)

http://www.astrovox.gr/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=19166

What did you use to take the image?

"Supermoon" is just silly hype. The moon's orbit it not so eccentric that it really makes much difference.

Total lunar eclipses are cool ... the first time you see one. I remember watching one through a telescope about 20 years ago. After you have seen a few of them, though, they drop down pretty far into the "well, that's kind of neat" category.

"Supermoon" is just silly hype. The moon's orbit it not so eccentric that it really makes much difference.

I think they're just as neat as superscript and "soup or salad", both of which are pretty cool but nothing to get all excited about.

Total lunar eclipses are cool ... the first time you see one. I remember watching one through a telescope about 20 years ago. After you have seen a few of them, though, they drop down pretty far into the "well, that's kind of neat" category.

I've seen at least half a dozen lunar eclipses (2 totals that I can think of), and each time is exciting to me. I consider tonight's cloud deck to be a big miss.

At 4 am I drove my family onto a big open field located near my house, for some trees where blocking the view from here. Enjoyed two could hours (3° C) with a perfect 360° night sky, a "blood" moon and the ultra bright venus to the northeast. Another family had the same idea, they arrived at 5 and parked some hundret meters away ^^. Brought their little kids, too.

Cloudy during full occlusion, but got to see it getting red before. On binoculars, my 127mm reflector is gathering dust since I moved from the suburban area :(

- - - Updated - - -

It was not a total eclipse from where i'm from.

Just a little nitpick: lunar eclipses don't depend on where you are to be total or not; what depends is wether the moon was still (or already) up in the sky when totality came ;)

Cloudy during full occlusion, but got to see it getting red before. On binoculars, my 127mm reflector is gathering dust since I moved from the suburban area :(

- - - Updated - - -

Just a little nitpick: lunar eclipses don't depend on where you are to be total or not; what depends is wether the moon was still (or already) up in the sky when totality came ;)

Actually, it never became total, it only covered part of the moon the entire night and it was receding when i went to bed

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.