Subclassing from another plugin - loading order

So I have two plugins I\'m working on. One with my base files and another one providing implementation by subclassing a base class. It works when the base plugin is loaded first, but if it\'s loaded second my implementation plugin starts throwing errors on load.

Is there some way to make sure the base plugin is loaded first?

Just put both plugins in the same namespace. If your stuff is directly tied to Parts on a vessel. The best way to load everything into the engine is to call foreach(Part p in vessel.parts). Then make a Initialize() (NOt a constructor) method on your parts and call it in either onPartLoad or onFlightStart or similar.

Haven\'t tried Romfarer\'s namespace trick, but I discovered the plugin loader broke inter-plugin references the last time it got updated. It\'s supposed to be being fixed, but the workaround I had was to append \'Z\' characters to the plugin file name, as they apparently load in alpha order.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.