Game State not the same when I last left

I am sure that this might be mod related, but since I am new and not sure what I options might be, I thought I would post a message and see what folks have to suggest.

I played about 8 hrs of KSP, lots of flying, building, etc. etc. There was no crashes and I did an F5 before I left for a break and when I came back to the same game and loaded it up. When I went to the space center [so that I could get to my space station], everything that I had ever put in orbit including debris was gone.

The kerbals that were in ships and stations were "missing in action"

Thank you in advance for ideas.

-Andy

Ew, that does not sound pleasant.

F5 does not save over your default save file, it creates a new one. I would suggest you do this:

1) Locate your persistent file. It will be named persistent.sfs in a folder off of your ksp folder named saves\<yoursavename>\ BACK THIS FILE UP.

2) Load the game, and at the space center hit ESC and select "load"

3) Select "quicksave" from that menu. This is the file you created when you hit F5.

4) If everything is fine, you're good. If not... Ew.

Do you use Kerbal Alarm Clock? It makes tons of backups when you use the "jump to" feature. You could try loading those as well instead of the Quicksave you loaded in step 3.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.