Feel free to make some simple part requests

More Boosters

Or set ideas maybe? A new form factor or size?

Anyway, I am a modeller and I would like to get into KSP modding. Baby steps, would like to do simple things like fuel tanks, adapters, batteries etc. before getting into engines, though solid rocket engines seem to be pretty easy to make.

Let me know if you have any bite-sized ideas you have in mind.

If you get a chance iv been looking for way to make the rover wheel (the one that looks inflated) work in a horizontal position instead of the standard vertical position, like its extending out the front of the craft instead of the bottom.

I was trying to make a rover that would still work when flipped like those older rc cars that would drive on either top or bottom.

Might be kind of hard to do (i have no modeling xp) but if your up to the challenge it would be a part i use alot.

Something simple? Make a few scientific instrument parts, I'd love some more variety. Stuff like this:

instrumentGraphic.png

A lot of the detail can be entirely within the textures so not only will you have relatively simple models but you can practice texturing.

Engines themselves aren't too much more difficult to make, unless you like gimballed engine clusters. For simple tanks and whatnot, perhaps some sort of radial LF/O tanks for landers and similar?
Please, fuelled 0.625m to 1.25m and 2.5m to 3.75m adapters! (LFO)

These are indeed good ideas and are relatively straightforward but I believe Modular Rocket Systems has them covered.

0.625 radial fuel tanks/bubbles small enough to fit inside service bays would be pretty neat.

ignore this lower bit if you don't want to try engines. (how to spoiler something?)

It would be neat if you could make engines like those engines in AIES. I always liked those. They radially attach to the bottom of rockets, and are pretty small.

http://i.imgur.com/jrICMNW.png

Spaceplane adapter

http://i.imgur.com/61TcQ6K.png

Flat adapter: 2.5M to x2 MK2

Also a really long girder section, like the Modular Girder Segment, like 3 long trusses ended to end.

SuicidalInsanity is making a MK2 parts pack with huge variety and I actually asked him about the first one before. He also posted in this thread and I guess he is your best bet.

Near Future Construction has trusses like you mentioned.

If you get a chance iv been looking for way to make the rover wheel (the one that looks inflated) work in a horizontal position instead of the standard vertical position, like its extending out the front of the craft instead of the bottom.

I was trying to make a rover that would still work when flipped like those older rc cars that would drive on either top or bottom.

Might be kind of hard to do (i have no modeling xp) but if your up to the challenge it would be a part i use alot.

Firespitter allows multiple wheel colliders. I could have a go and let you know how it works?

How about making wedges with varying angles. This would enable us to create 'circles' without part rotation or part clipping.

Also how about curved truss scaffolding but in segments, say in 8ths. Make the segments fit together to create a circle with the size of the 3.75 or 5m or larger.

Peace.

Stock 2.5m service bay, except doubled in height.

Or without its end pieces, so that it's stackable.

Also, let me know if you can do this in the config files alone by scaling it in one direction (I'm under the impression you can't) or if you need to edit the model.

Stock 2.5m service bay, except doubled in height.

Or without its end pieces, so that it's stackable.

Also, let me know if you can do this in the config files alone by scaling it in one direction (I'm under the impression you can't) or if you need to edit the model.

You can scale it easy. I can make a small patch that will scale it up in length, but it will look stretched. If thats ok.

Im not sure if its legal to edit squad parts ditectly.

Well, I would like to request:

Square 1.25 to regular 1.25 adapter (like the width of 1.25 fuselages, but square cross-section instead of circular cross-sections)

Square 1.25, long and short (like the width of 1.25 fuselages, but square cross-section instead of circular cross-sections)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.