Das Boot: U-Boat With Full Interior! [New Low Parts Version]

pTrevTrevs

They are both awesome. My series tends to need interiors though. Nothing says I can't show the outside of one and the inside of the other, but I already started using the old one. :wink:  Thanks for doing this hard work. I know, from my interiors, how much time I'd have needed to spend on something like your submarine. It's a 20 hour job to make it so detailed and not fall apart under use.

21 minutes ago, Felbourn said:

They are both awesome. My series tends to need interiors though. Nothing says I can't show the outside of one and the inside of the other, but I already started using the old one. :wink:  Thanks for doing this hard work. I know, from my interiors, how much time I'd have needed to spend on something like your submarine. It's a 20 hour job to make it so detailed and not fall apart under use.

Oh wow, you're actually doing it...

I hope your computer can run it with that Frankenstein's monster of a GameData folder you've got. During construction I had to move it to an all stock install so I could work on it and take pictures without having a ten second delay between pressing a key and seeing the result of it.

58 minutes ago, XB-70A said:

This new Typ VII seems breathtaking! Will it receive the modern bridge with Flakzwilling mounts like the VIIC/41 photo you use?

Probably. I suspect the current conning tower is a little small, but I have yet to actually put Kerbals on it to test that. The deck details are probably the most WIP part of the entire thing. I'm still working on the back railing (I've since redone it to use antennas for a more accurate and cleaner shape), and I still need to decided whether to include a deck gun.

In short, I'm probably going to perfect the basic early war conning tower before I start working on late war variants, but if all goes well, they will come.

• 3 weeks later...

See... challenge accepted and completed. :wink:

Thanks for the boat!

3 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

no major issues with the boat?

I tried to film an interior scene in the water, but there were glitches. I should have tried on dry land and then just pretended it was in the water, but it was taking too long to make the episode already, so I was happy to just show it in the water.

11 hours ago, Felbourn said:

I tried to film an interior scene in the water, but there were glitches. I should have tried on dry land and then just pretended it was in the water, but it was taking too long to make the episode already, so I was happy to just show it in the water.

Yeah, the photos on this thread were taken in the water, but I didn't use Scatterer at the time, so I'm not sure how the mod would affect the interior.

• 3 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.