[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

"Vega-Able" may have been a typo earlier for @CobaltWolf, but it seems my subconscious ran with it...

screenshot209.png

As it turns out, it spun out of control once the first stage burned out. (10-ish km) I have added a liquid stage to the bottom and lots of fins.

Edited by DeltaDizzy

10 hours ago, Zorg said:

If you have an Agena inside the fairing that would make it a Titan 33B (or 34B if using stretched 1st stage).

Only if you use the AJ11 engines tho.  the AJ-9 would be the correct engine for 23B.

2 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

"Vega-Able" may have been a typo earlier for @CobaltWolf, but it seems my subconscious ran with it...

As it turns out, it spun out of control once the first stage burned out. (10-ish km) I have added a liquid stage to the bottom and lots of fins.

Awe come ON!   That isn't VEGA.... Vega is the 2nd stage on-top of Atlas!    Keep it straight!   *I JOKE I JOKE*

I didn't think about THAT possibility (using the EU Vega... [lets call it Vega 2 since it wasn't the first Vega!])     It actually has even more potential in some ways.

And yes, Controlablity with such a large PLF is problematic with such a low thrust stage below about 14km stock scale... and 16km 2.5/2.7x

atlas-vega-card.jpg

Edited by Pappystein
fixed type-o

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

Awe come ON!   That isn't VEGA.... Vega is the 2nd stage on-top of Atlas!    Keep it straight!   *I JOKE I JOKE*

I didn't think about THAT possibility (using the EU Vega... [lets call it Vega 2 since it wasn't the first Vega!])     It actually has even more potential in some ways.

And yes, Controlablity with such a large PLF is problematic with such a low thrust stage below about 14km stock scale... and 16km 2.5/2.7x

The liquid stage was a Redstone with two Restock+ Torches for propulsion. 

screenshot220.png

I still failed the contract. If that isnt an orbit I dont know what is...

1 minute ago, birdog357 said:

Will the update be backwards compatible to 1.7.3?

You'll have to pick up the correct versions of the dependencies and go back to grab the BDB plugins from a previous install. That should be all you need. However that might not work the farther you go back, as some functionalities to say, B9 part switch are recent.

12 hours ago, NotABoomer said:

@CobaltWolfSoo i liked the pictures of the fresher version of the mod and im asking you where i could download this WiP Masterpiece?

8 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

download the Development branch off github or wait until the 25th.

I'd just wait until Friday.

2 hours ago, birdog357 said:

Will the update be backwards compatible to 1.7.3?

2 hours ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

You'll have to pick up the correct versions of the dependencies and go back to grab the BDB plugins from a previous install. That should be all you need. However that might not work the farther you go back, as some functionalities to say, B9 part switch are recent.

We are planning on releasing versions for KSP 1.7.3 and KSP 1.8. I know a lot of people haven't/don't want to update yet and... well the update was pretty much entirely built around 1.7.3 anyways.

I'm not touching 1.8 till they fix the mousewheel (I know it's a trivial config change, but still). :) I know a Unity upgrade is a big job, but the number of things they messed up is astounding. 

Some time ago the engines thrust were changed, so I had to update the Atlas dV calculations (the old ones were no longer accurate). Good news is:

:D The graphs on the wiki are now updated! :D

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f42396135706c712e706e67

There were also some changes in how I calculated those things, but that is not very important

Edited by Marcelo Silveira

1 hour ago, Marcelo Silveira said:

Some time ago the engines thrust were changed, so I had to update the Atlas dV calculations (the old ones were no longer accurate). Good news is:

:D The graphs on the wiki are now updated! :D

There were also some changes in how I calculated those things, but that is not very important

You are a Rockstar!

7 hours ago, Dragon01 said:

I'm not touching 1.8 till they fix the mousewheel (I know it's a trivial config change, but still). :) I know a Unity upgrade is a big job, but the number of things they messed up is astounding. 

What'd they bork with the mousewheel?

For anyone wondering, I've been testing the dev version with 1.8. 

It works fine. No problems encountered thus far, though I've only played around with LDC at this point. 

Edit: The Dependencies also work, except you'll need to update B9PartSwitch to the latest version.

Edit 2: I was testing the Scout rocket, and I know it may get removed, but the 3125 fairing gave me a hard time, not wanting to close. 

Edited by GoldForest

15 hours ago, birdog357 said:

What'd they bork with the mousewheel?

It works in reverse on Linux, I think. It looks like it was Unity rather than Squad, but it's still a rather silly thing to break. 

Heads up, due to @CobaltWolf's concern for the health of BDB users, the Titan engines all have non toxic kerolox switches now. So the AJ5 and AJ11 series engines can be switched via B9PartSwitch to run on kerolox which gives you a slight bump in Isp, a small loss in thrust and of course kerolox plumes. For this to work you need the latest B9PS , v2.11.0 or newer (came out yesterday).

In addition the LR87 single sea level now has AJ3, and AJ5 B9 switchable variants. So it now unlocks with Titan I and will unlock the additional models as you move up the tech tree. Of course the AJ5 and AJ11 unlocks will give you both kerolox and hypergolic variants. So its 5 engines in one.

pE306Rml.png

h2x0CNMl.png

AJ3, AJ5-K, AJ5, AJ11-K and AJ11

Works with realplume too

l03PcNvl.png

----------------------
----------------------

Additionally @Jso's Procedural Fairings for BDB mini mod now lives as a patch in the BDB compatiblity folder. Anyone using the old version of it can delete it. The variants and textures are carried over.

INpWjk0l.png

Edited by Zorg

A couple more parts managed to sneak in as well! Somebody asked for 45 degree variants of the MOL RCS...

Also I just realized I need to make a version of the one on the far right without the two extra RCS jets...

YVLdBbJ.png

And I don't think I have a picture handy, but a two segment SRMU got added as well. :)