[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, NateDaBeast said:

Didn't even know we were getting a Skylab update! Is this going to be bundled with the Saturn update?

Coincidentally I launched a Skylab just last night:

UiobWDB.jpg

we  get saturn and apollo, it wouldn't make sense to leave skylab out

1 hour ago, NeonKsp said:

Hey! When i start up the game i have engine thermal error. Can somebody tell me why its happening?

Welcome to the forums!

Can you be more specific? Post a screenshot or log if possible.

18 hours ago, JoeSheridan said:

Shamely i didn´t knew that. But it makes sense :) Nice to know that at least one part of the gemini program survived said program.  And: Why invent the wheel again and again? If it works, it´s fine. The door had demonstrated that itt is usable and reliable for the  EVA purpose.

The only problem with the Skylab airlock was that it was inline between the workshop and the docking area, which meant that both areas had to be sealed off to use the airlock, so anyone not doing an EVA had to wait in the Apollo in case of an emergency. Which is why in the Eyes Turned Skywards alternate timeline they have a seperate airlock module delivered later.

1 hour ago, Beccab said:

Question, is it intended that only some parts can be tweakscaled while many can't? For example, the Gemini docking guidance antenna can be rescaled while none of the service modules or capsules can

maybe that's because some newer parts didn't get tweakscale support yet, though idk

Direct Ascent Gemini Lander on its first manned mission, July 1967Screenshot_1378.png
Rest of the screenshots:

Screenshot_1371.pngScreenshot_1399.pngScreenshot_1406.pngScreenshot_1419.pngScreenshot_1420.pngScreenshot_1425.png

Reference pic (stage on the bottom is for the trans lunar injection and part of the circularization, so it's not shown here):

http://www.astronautix.com/graphics/g/gemlanex.jpg

Edited by Beccab

So I have mentioned I am slowly building an "Alternative" ISS.   I plan on doing much of the Original unbuilt ISS proposal with a few alternatives of my own thrown in.   I just haven't figured out what to make the Russian Power module's Hull out of.

1) I have a fleet of 12 space shuttles from SOCKs.   I chose to "Update" Enterprise after the loss of Challenger AND order Endeavor and new production.   The Moonraker line as they are affectionately know will perform an average of 8 flights a year (both the LC39 Launchpads AND ALL of the VAB would be used for this venture.  

2) smaller parts to the station are actually launched on Transtage equipped Titan derivatives or for things like the PMAs, Delta IIH-HOSS.  

Spoiler

63xR3OE.jpg

This is the most reacent photo of the station.   I have to re-launch another Z-Node for the Solar booms because I built it BACKWARDS (the nodes are wrong way out! :(   I have Zarya already docked at this juncture.   (need to post in Tantarus the question of WHY the solar panels come so much latter than the rest of the DOS parts.)

j33PJST.jpg

This is a shot of my Delta IIH-HOSS (Delta II Heavy with HOSS upper stage)    I have used it to launch 2 of the 3 PMAs currently  on the station.   

If you are wondering, yes the Skylab Final Position will NOT be where the Shuttles have to dock.   Currently it is there because of solar panels...  After I get the first 360x360 tracking solar array up it will move to it's permanent position below and facing RIGHT as you look at the International "front end" where the Shuttle docks in real life.   Solar panels will be "retracted/removed" at that juncture.   Skylab module will provide Legacy docking for any future Apollo or Gemini Life Boat LAunches.

4 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Hull out of.

Are you referring to the pressurized part of the science power platform?

If so, use beale’s Mir docking module.

it works as MRM-1 on the ISS, and since MRM-1 Was repurposed from the pressure vessel for SPP, it looks like the pressurized section from SPP.

7 hours ago, Beccab said:

Direct Ascent Gemini Lander on its first manned mission, July 1967Screenshot_1378.png
Rest of the screenshots:

Reference pic (stage on the bottom is for the trans lunar injection and part of the circularization, so it's not shown here):

Very nice! What parts did you use?

9 hours ago, Beccab said:

Question, is it intended that only some parts can be tweakscaled while many can't? For example, the Gemini docking guidance antenna can be rescaled while none of the service modules or capsules can

Configs havent kept up with the latest updates. None of the authors are using tweakscale (if playing KSP at all :P) these days and generally compatibility configs get updated for mods we use due to time and motivation in addition to working on the core mod. We are of course always happy to accept pull requests from users and in fact most of our compatibility configs are user contributed.

3 hours ago, CollectingSP said:

Are you referring to the pressurized part of the science power platform?

If so, use beale’s Mir docking module.

it works as MRM-1 on the ISS, and since MRM-1 Was repurposed from the pressure vessel for SPP, it looks like the pressurized section from SPP.

No I am trying to build the Whole thing, including the 6x Solar wings.

Thanks for the tip on the pressure vessel though!

6 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Fruits of today's stream...

cRgAFTT.png

Wqrvoqm.png

Looking fantastic. Are you planning on adding the deployable flotation ring and the orbs / balls that are on the top when its landed?Apollo-13-CM-Pacific-Ocean.jpg

Edited by ltajax

2 minutes ago, ltajax said:

Looking fantastic. Are you planning on adding the deployable flotation ring and the orbs / balls that are on the top when its landed?Apollo-13-CM-Pacific-Ocean.jpg

With the comfortable landing mod the BDB Apollo capsule already has the flotation ring and the balls. 

So a couple "Screen Tax" shots for you all.  

First off, if you haven't checked it out yet EStreetRockets has a new mod called https://spacedock.info/mod/2729/Rocket Motor Menagerie

Spoiler

v8mWrxb.jpg

YES that is a STME powered CH4 fueled, LDC titan First stage.   Now what could it be carrying?

VVoEQl6.jpg

Why that is the Destiny Laboratory for the ISS, the Lab that the S0 Truss for the Solar wings attached too!...   Short version, I can't control either of the Candarms I have from mods (both SOCKS or Kerbolrise)  and I have destroyed 4 Space stations already with flailing payloads on Shuttles hitting em.   Instead I have switched to this launcher (with either 4x GEM63XL or 2x SMRU-3segments) to get station parts up.  

Current Status of my Station:

c89g4XZ.jpg

I am going for the "Full proposed" ISS + some extras... like Skylab... and a BigGemini rescue boat (hidden on the back side of this pic)

I am making a few changes to fit the parts I have (like the extra "AFT" Russian docking node... to make room for a TKS derived SPP I am thinking about)

And yes the Unit Node is backwards (and I am not changing it)

(PS the Titan LDC in these pictures is 100% recoverable via Staged Recovery!   The Transtage CAN be recovered (I can recover 3 or 4 per shuttle launch to the station depending on configuration of the Transtage))  

Edited by Pappystein

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

So a couple "Screen Tax" shots for you all.  

First off, if you haven't checked it out yet EStreetRockets has a new mod called https://spacedock.info/mod/2729/Rocket Motor Menagerie

Hide contents

v8mWrxb.jpg

YES that is a STME powered CH4 fueled, LDC titan First stage.   Now what could it be carrying?

VVoEQl6.jpg

Why that is the Destiny Laboratory for the ISS, the Lab that the S0 Truss for the Solar wings attached too!...   Short version, I can't control either of the Candarms I have from mods (both SOCKS or Kerbolrise)  and I have destroyed 4 Space stations already with flailing payloads on Shuttles hitting em.   Instead I have switched to this launcher (with either 4x GEM63XL or 2x SMRU-3segments) to get station parts up.  

Current Status of my Station:

c89g4XZ.jpg

I am going for the "Full proposed" ISS + some extras... like Skylab... and a BigGemini rescue boat (hidden on the back side of this pic)

I am making a few changes to fit the parts I have (like the extra "AFT" Russian docking node... to make room for a TKS derived SPP I am thinking about)

And yes the Unit Node is backwards (and I am not changing it)

(PS the Titan LDC in these pictures is 100% recoverable via Staged Recovery!   The Transtage CAN be recovered (I can recover 3 or 4 per shuttle launch to the station depending on configuration of the Transtage))  

Awesome! I am planning on building an ISS with Atlas, Delta, and falcon at the moment, using Orion service modules as tugs. Good to see that someone else is using expendable launchers to do it.

Edited by CollectingSP

7 hours ago, DaveyJ576 said:

Very nice! What parts did you use?

The gemini capsule is normal from bdb, service module is extended by using a rescaled adaptor placed inside it, LM ascent engines for ascent stage, LM descent engines for descent stage, rescaled parts from NF Construction for the structure of the descent stage, gemini docking antenna from BDB and finally legs and tanks are restock

UPDATE

Bluedog Design Bureau v1.8.0 "Мороз"

6bzX9g1.png?width=1433&height=806

v1.8.0 "Мороз"

New Content and features
- Aerojet M-1 engine in SL and vacuum version.
- P&W RL20 in SL and vacuum versions.
- P&W XLR129 in SL and vacuum versions. Can be operated with nozzle extended or retracted.
- Rocketdyne RS-30 Advanced Space Engine.
- BDB Plugin updated with animated multimode feature to support XLR 129 functionality. Based on Deployable Engines by Nertea.

Enhancements
- BDB Plugin updated to support deployable nozzles with Safe Solid cutoff.
- SR-120 and Orbus 6E now have Safe Solid.
- refreshed textures and model for the RS-68
- Rescale Star 37, Star 48 and Burner II to more realistic proportions.
- Updated Saturn rescale patch. (Will offer performance similar to upcoming new Saturn parts).
- Update bundled Community Resource Pack to 1.4.2
- Update bundled Waterfall to 0.6.3

Bug Fixes
- Added TransformOverride to some waterfall configs. Makes them resilient to patches from other mods targeting different transforms. (Fixes some missing plume bugs for LR91 engines)
- Reconvert Mariner 10 textures to remove some artifacts.
- Fix engage sounds on some engines (Able and Apollo waterfall)
- Fix some typos
- Add probe core to IUS, TOS, Athena OAM and Peacekeeper PBV instrument units, adjust balance.
- Fix Agena subsatellite config and fx.
- Fix Vega GE405H waterfall causing nullrefs when another mod uses the same template.
- Fix z-fighting in Vega GE405H inner glow effect.
- Fix Titan 3E PLF SAF not shielding properly
- Fix mariner 10 engine bottom node position.

DOWNLOAD [GitHub]

DOWNLOAD [SpaceDock]

There appears to be an issue with spacedock, will be available soon there as well. Also will be available on CKAN once their bot has detected the update.

Full Release album

(thanks to various screenshot contributors)

https://imgur.com/a/sWNilMv

TMupCBc.jpg

8_-_fqXKEa5.jpg?width=1433&height=806

7_-_goOvWDU.jpg?width=1433&height=806

9_-_IiBF6us.jpg?width=1433&height=806

Edited by Zorg

Nice :) didn´t  thought that we would get another update before the next revamp :) Thank you :):) So many nice engines to play with

and:  

- Updated Saturn rescale patch. (Will offer performance similar to upcoming new Saturn parts).

nice, now i have a reason to check the patch out, now that i can use it to check out the performance of the upcomming new parts.