[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

David Kerman now Proudly presents:

Spoiler

The Kane Spacecrafts Courtship ritual.

(I am so sorry)

The Kane Spacecraft approaches a potential mate and deploys His secret weapon:

bvVOwY3.png

l3rWC62.png

The Sina MEM watches as the Kane begins His dance:

U02m76L.png

wPLdAEK.pngThe Sina turns its lights on to convey that She's impressed, but the Kane must completelly convince Her before they become mates:

kP5ZKVD.png

The Kane moves in for the finale, the Sina is right where He wants Her, it's now or never...

OoRnPGQ.png

Spoiler

5OhXgM2.png

Lunar Gemini making this whole thing hard to write.

Don't ever ask for a part 2.

Edited by Minmus Taster

So, this is a bit tangential, but I recall someone sharing in the thread an image of a clean-sheet SLS proposal with a cluster of F1-B engines as the first stage and a J-2X cluster as a second stage. I was trying to recreate it, and I was wondering if someone knew the proposal name or had that image lying around, since I can't find it again.

38 minutes ago, Machinique said:

So, this is a bit tangential, but I recall someone sharing in the thread an image of a clean-sheet SLS proposal with a cluster of F1-B engines as the first stage and a J-2X cluster as a second stage. I was trying to recreate it, and I was wondering if someone knew the proposal name or had that image lying around, since I can't find it again.

RAC-2?

https://www.spacelaunchreport.com/sls4.html
rac2-1.jpg

On 10/17/2021 at 4:56 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Something to do with Modular Launch Pads. I think @AlphaMensae is removing it.

On 10/17/2021 at 5:50 PM, zakkpaz said:

they already fixed it, there's an update is on spacedock

I added that ring to the old BDB Sarnus I engine mount because way back then BDB didn't have a Saturn IB engine mount, which was fully circular without any cutouts or indentations. The hold-downs for the Saturn IB attached to the base of the fins, and with the indentations, 4 of them arms didn't fit right, so I made up a ring of the proper size and stuck it into the BDB model to cover up the indentations. :D 

Now that BDB has a proper Saturn IB engine mount, there was no more need for that ring, so it has been removed in MLP v2.2.1.  The fix is very simple, you can do it yourself by going into the Compatibility_Patches folder of ModularLaunch Pads, open up the main BDB patch .cfg, go to the BDB Sarnus I Engine Mount and delete the MODEL{} lines.

Also, I'm going to be putting up another minor update for MLP that increases the size of many of the extra nodes that MLP adds to various BDB engine mounts and tanks for attaching to a launch base. Some were too small (and thus too weak) and could cause catastrophic wobbling when spawned on the launch pad.

6 hours ago, Zorg said:

With the parasol, the historical Skylab partset is now complete :) 

Haven’t been able to test it out yet. But is the parasol able to be also placed during eva, in a part switch, or just only in the vehicle assembly. 

Edited by MrStayPuft

3 hours ago, Machinique said:

On 9/2/2020 at 5:52 PM, flamerboy67664 said:

on this topic, here is a Saturn Mk2 7-5 configuration, with the new F-1B and reDirect's J-2X...

this boi easily carries 110t to 100km 23.5deg orbit with 2.5x Kerbin

2yM0lFW.png7iGkRTs.pngoIpc6IH.pngqt25Z3o.png

made this last years man when they were starting to think of a wishlist for the Apollo-Saturn revamp, hope it helps

4 hours ago, MrStayPuft said:

Haven’t been able to test it out yet. But is the parasol able to be also placed during eva, in a part switch, or just only in the vehicle assembly. 

It can be placed in the VAB or on EVA. It has an inventory module so you should be able to use stock construction. I haven’t tested it though. 

1 hour ago, KeaKaka said:

Little request, would it be possible to add surface attach to the titan second stage engines? For decals n' stuff mostly.

Yeah sure. 

1 hour ago, Entr8899 said:

Would it be possible to add a separate Titan upper stage engine mount and interstage? I can't really fit any other engines on the Titan second stage without using the Centaur mount and interstage, which just looks weird.

Probably worth looking into at some point, unfortunately they were modelled before we took the decision to go all in on Interstage+mount for all future upper stages so the Titan engines are the odd ones out. Everyone is busy with other things though so idk when one of us will have the time to investigate this.

17 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

David Kerman now Proudly presents:

Reveal hidden contents

The Kane Spacecrafts Courtship ritual.

(I am so sorry)

The Kane Spacecraft approaches a potential mate and deploys His secret weapon:

bvVOwY3.png

l3rWC62.png

The Sina MEM watches as the Kane begins His dance:

U02m76L.png

wPLdAEK.pngThe Sina turns its lights on to convey that She's impressed, but the Kane must completelly convince Her before they become mates:

kP5ZKVD.png

The Kane moves in for the finale, the Sina is right where He wants Her, it's now or never...

OoRnPGQ.png

Reveal hidden contents

5OhXgM2.png

Lunar Gemini making this whole thing hard to write.

Don't ever ask for a part 2.

This had me in tears last night. I was so unready for it. Thank you.

7 hours ago, Entr8899 said:

Would it be possible to add a separate Titan upper stage engine mount and interstage? I can't really fit any other engines on the Titan second stage without using the Centaur mount and interstage, which just looks weird.

6 hours ago, Zorg said:

Probably worth looking into at some point, unfortunately they were modelled before we took the decision to go all in on Interstage+mount for all future upper stages so the Titan engines are the odd ones out. Everyone is busy with other things though so idk when one of us will have the time to investigate this.

At this rate it's probably a KSP2 issue, honestly.

6 hours ago, cargame kerman said:

help me engines.cfg and remove real name extra fields.cfg is error i can download mods restart game is not working how to fix this

wot

Hi guys, sorry to bother y'all but I've got a quick question - is there a way via Module Manager to change the boiloff for BDB tankage to just use the same system as CryoTanks? I'm currently testing a thing for the Skyhawk Science System that will add in a hypergolic fuel option, and to help balance that out, make LOX/Oxidizer boil-off too, and I'm thinking it'd be easier overall to just have everything be consistent under one system.

8 minutes ago, CessnaSkyhawk said:

Hi guys, sorry to bother y'all but I've got a quick question - is there a way via Module Manager to change the boiloff for BDB tankage to just use the same system as CryoTanks? I'm currently testing a thing for the Skyhawk Science System that will add in a hypergolic fuel option, and to help balance that out, make LOX/Oxidizer boil-off too, and I'm thinking it'd be easier overall to just have everything be consistent under one system.

I believe that @Clamp-o-Tron‘s More Fuels mod does that. 

3 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

I believe that @Clamp-o-Tron‘s More Fuels mod does that. 

Yup - that's actually where my code is going to be derived from. It'll just be a simplified version of their work, so long as they are okay with it. The license they use seems to allow it, but I gave em a heads up anyways over in their thread.