[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

12 hours ago, alberro+ said:

8VPffxC.png (1920×1080)

Having this issue with the new Dnoces engine. The engine itself runs fine, but the nozzle extension doesn't.

There's a problem with the new J-2 engine, it's a known  issue

Edited by GoldForest

hey if any fellow KSRSS'ers have a free moment today, could you try getting Mercury MR3 out of the atmosphere? With the LES attached, I can't get out of the atmosphere even with the Juno tank length, let alone the Redstone tank length. Without the LES, and a near prograde ascent, the Redstone tank length gets  to over 100km. I know for sure I've done this before but it's no longer working for me.

1 hour ago, alberro+ said:

Having this issue with the new Dnoces engine. The engine itself runs fine, but the nozzle extension doesn't.

59 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

There's a problem with the new J-2 engine, it's a know  issue

16 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

I think it's just a place holder so far 

I honestly have no idea what's going on with it, the imported animation plays fine in the little preview window, but not in the main Unity editor or in KSP. I wound up having to redo the animation in Unity itself. Should be working now.

Been going through a lot of bugfixes and issues from Github today. I did just add one little part, a standalone version of the VHF antenna on the LM.

5qWMi4Q.png

Saturn B Interim

TctoNjr.jpg

The minimum solution vehicle would have used a standard length Titan I first stage with standard length Centaur (using XLR-115s), the near minimum solution vehicle would have stretched both stages and increased the expansion ratio of the LR-87 from 1:8 to 1:16, the interim vehicle (depicted) increased the second stage diameter from 120 to 160 inches, and the optimum solution vehicle (christened B-1) increased the 3rd stage diameter to 220 inches with four 180k thrust kerolox engines, a third stage 220 inches in diameter with 4 80k thrust hydrogen oxygen engines, and an optional Centaur fourth stage (from Saturn System Study II https://uah.contentdm.oclc.org/digital/collection/p16608coll1/id/31283/rec/34)

Edited by Jcking

1 minute ago, Kerbal01 said:

How is the new CADS docking port intended to be used? its too big to fit on the Apollo.

There is a mission module that acts as a docking adapter for the Apollo that has a spot for the apollo female port and the CADS port (the 120 not the 80 one)

would it be possible that we could get a white (shell) variant of the Orbus 21 aka the 1st stage of IUS/TOS? It was used on Athena 1 and 2 and was later supposed to be replaced by castor 30 (Athena 1c and 2c)

currently it looks like this

unknown.png

also, I found something interesting:

Spoiler

Athena_big.png

LLV-1 seems to be a Athena 1 but with a SR-118 (peacekeeper 1st stage) instead of Castor-120 (the Athena first stage)

in conclusion: Athena is very weird, and Minotaur is now my favourite PDLV (Peacekeeper Derived Launch Vehicle)

Edited by Starhelperdude

14RKuKv.jpg

Who needs Atlas? Behold... the Saturn 1 as it was meant to fly. This Saturn 1A booster is headed uphill with the Surveyor 5 moon lander. The Centaur IU controls the whole stack. I thought it looked better that way and was more in keeping with the lines of the original Saturn 1 Block 1. I added some extra battery capacity to the Centaur IU and a little more monoprop so I could use the Centaur as a cruise stage, and for early landing site adjustment. It flew well on Mechjeb PVG to a 150 km parking orbit.

1 hour ago, DaveyJ576 said:

14RKuKv.jpg

Who needs Atlas? Behold... the Saturn 1 as it was meant to fly. This Saturn 1A booster is headed uphill with the Surveyor 5 moon lander. The Centaur IU controls the whole stack. I thought it looked better that way and was more in keeping with the lines of the original Saturn 1 Block 1. I added some extra battery capacity to the Centaur IU and a little more monoprop so I could use the Centaur as a cruise stage, and for early landing site adjustment. It flew well on Mechjeb PVG to a 150 km parking orbit.

A fellow Saturn-Centaur enjoyer, I see.

1 hour ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Isn't Big Apollo CM exactly what Orion is?

Big Apollo was an enlarged 9 man Apollo CM originally proposed as the Eros flyby vehicle and is similar in concept to Big Gemini, except for sharing about as much with it’s parent capsule about as Orion does with Apollo.

Edited by Jcking

56 minutes ago, Jcking said:

Big Apollo was an enlarged 9 man Apollo CM originally proposed as the Eros flyby vehicle and is similar in concept to Big Gemini, except for sharing about as much with it’s parent capsule about as Orion does with Apollo.

Source?

On 11/11/2021 at 4:24 AM, Grimmas said:

Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely take a look at that! (Edit: It does seem fairly complete at first glance, can't tell for sure without playing it though. I see some of those experiments are even crazier than mine, running ten years plus :) Also a great idea that Bellabong had was to add radiation emitters for the RTGs, I didn't even consider this so far but I'll definitely have to look into doing something similar as well once I unlock some. If I had known about that patch beforehand I might not have gone to the trouble of writing my own, but that ship has now sailed :) ).

My patches are in a playable state - I am playing with them enabled - they are just not entirely complete as I keep adding things as I progress through the tech tree. They should be more or less complete for the science stuff though, turning Keyhole, GATV, OFO, OSO, OAO, Nimbus, Hexagon, MOL, and most of the Probe Expansion parts into Kerbalism experiments (HDD upgrades aren't finished - some work, some do not, some are simply not added yet). I'll see about packaging everything and perhaps making a release post this weekend.

It doesn't work 1:1 as in BDB because I haven't found a mechanic in Kerbalism to limit the total returns to merely a part of the total science value, something that's common with the early camera experiments in BDB, and in some parts I took some creative liberties (for instance I buffed SIGINT (mapping, surveillance) returns but turned them into ultra-long experiments that can only be done on the homeworld's biomes).

Thanks for the heads up, I actually had a few animations already fixed and it helps to know what others need fixing. I've now fixed the ones you mention above. The only part that I couldn't get to animate so far is the N-00K nuclear package from GATV. If you see any others please let me know.

@Grimmas the link to your fork no longer works - are you still working on it?  I sense that yours is probably the most active and up-to-date fork and I'd be happy to help finishing it off for the latest Saturn revamp branch if you need a hand.