[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

53 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

What settings get your visors that gold and opaque? Mine are very shiny but only a pale gold and still fairly transparent.

That is their stock appearance, I believe the mod TextureReplacer is what's causing your visors to be that way.

39 minutes ago, lemon cup said:

That is their stock appearance, I believe the mod TextureReplacer is what's causing your visors to be that way.

How would I go about fixing that. I don't really want to remove TextureReplacer cuz I like my head packs.

6 hours ago, NyanTurian said:

Yes, always heatshield forward.  I tested on my old 1.11 JNSQ install and used up the entire ablator, but the max critical temp was stopped around 2,200K and the drag managed the rest. That was on a trajectory from 127km x 127 km, 54 m/s burn down to 129km x 31 km. A major difference is the atmosphere height being 85km in JNSQ and 70km in RescaleZ. Something in one of RescaleZ's configs might be outdated, maybe in the Physics.cfg where it mentions ablator.

Yeah, I'm still pretty sure that it's something on your end.  Do you use any mods that change re-entry dynamics like DeadlyReentry?

1 hour ago, TaintedLion said:

How would I go about fixing that. I don't really want to remove TextureReplacer cuz I like my head packs.

That is a good question actually, I believe it is hard coded into the plugin, so maybe not possible to disable it with a simple MM patch.

Others might know, try asking in the TextureReplacer thread.

8 minutes ago, CAPFlyer said:

Yeah, I'm still pretty sure that it's something on your end.  Do you use any mods that change re-entry dynamics like DeadlyReentry?

Yes, it was. It seems to be RescaleZ causing the problem.

I switched to Realistic Rescale 1.1.1 (3.2x), the Corona heatshield works correctly now and can handle a very aggressive reentry. For comparison, I tested the Hermes heatshield again, and that was fine too. I copied the atmosphere scale from another 3.2x rescale config, so that I have a 98 km atmosphere height through @Atmosphere = 1.12 and @atmoTopLayer = 1.25. Realistic Rescale normally has the stock 70 km height.

Glad you were able to get it worked out.  I always look first to an unanticipated mod interaction whenever you fly a "prototypical" mission and have problems like that.  Most of our modders here are pretty good about making their stuff with a good cushion to it, so if I'm having problems, it's probably me. :)

1 hour ago, lemon cup said:

Others might know, try asking in the TextureReplacer thread.

I don't think it's TR, now that I think about it. I played on lower settings before I upgraded my PC and it was the same gold I saw in the image, but after I upgraded I started playing on max visual settings and now I've got the shiny pale gold. I just want it to be opaque reflective gold.

lRhMShH.jpg

IAgBScQ.jpg

CpE6b4f.jpg

VvpNOQO.jpg

f4KsRub.jpg

VlAXayU.jpg

rdKinuR.jpg

Full Album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Lunataur V on board Saturn II (C-2) was launched into a parking orbit to await Lunar Gemini III which launched twenty-four hours later and met up with Lunataur shortly after. The two then departed Kerbin for the Mun, making a successful orbit insertion. The LGIII team took many pictures of possible landing sites for Apollo 11, even snapping a few shots of Kerbin as it rose slowly over the horizon. After completing their survey mission, LGIII left the Mun and proceeded back to Kerbin, making a safe splash down upon a longer than normal reentry. The longer reentry was used as a safety measure to ensure LGIII could burn off speed without burning up. 

On 2/12/2022 at 12:38 AM, pTrevTrevs said:

Apollo 17 Part 2: Out of Sight, Out of Mind:

IWGk2Ho.png

Here's hoping all of my uploads went through correctly...

TsyLz5v.png

This is an approximate traverse map for the Apollo 17 mission, based roughly on a hypothetical one I found somewhere on the internet. Challenger has landed north of Tsiolkovsky's central peak and is in range of a number of interesting geological formations. Firstly, the mare which covers most of the crater's floor has intrigued lunar geologists because most of the far side lacks such terrain. Questions abound about whether this mare was formed in the same way as the prominent near side lowlands, as well as whether its chemical makeup will be different from the otherwise similar areas sampled on the near side. The crater rim is slightly too far away to reach with the LRV, and even if that weren't the case its walls are likely too steep to scale anyway, but orbital photography shows evidence of numerous rockslides which have caused material from the crater's walls and rim to slide down onto the floor. The goal of the second EVA will be to reach the debris field of these rockslides and search for ancient highland material there. Apollo 17 will be the only mission to visit the far side, so it is imperative that the crew retrieve both mare and highland material to compare to existing samples from near side landings. Finally, the massive central peak of the crater, formed when rock pushed outward by the initial impact rebounded back towards its original location, is thought to be composed of extremely ancient deep crust material forced upward during the impact. If possible, the crew will attempt to summit the mountain, affording them an unbeatable view of the entire crater as well as some of the oldest material yet recovered from the Moon.

Honestly I'm just ready to get to Skylab at this point, but I refuse to be outdone by NASA, we are doing Apollos 18 and 19 and that's final.

how did you make the rover? could you link a craft file and or the mods other then BDB used for the rover? I can't make one that will fit into the lander

1 hour ago, Adventures said:

how did you make the rover? could you link a craft file and or the mods other then BDB used for the rover? I can't make one that will fit into the lander

Believe he linked his own Rover craft a few pages back