[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, Invaderchaos said:

Soon...

Centaur II\III revamp? Nice!

Speaking of Centaur - would it be possible to add a B9 switch to D tank that adds extra insulation? This would help to simulate D-1T (which had "triple layer of Mylar insulation", according to "Taming Liquid Hydrogen") and, to some extent, S-V. Something like that:

- Insulation OFF, panels ON: Atlas-Centaur

- Insulation ON, panels OFF: D-1T

- Insulation and panels ON: S-V(ish)

22 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

Speaking of Centaur - would it be possible to add a B9 switch to D tank that adds extra insulation? This would help to simulate D-1T (which had "triple layer of Mylar insulation", according to "Taming Liquid Hydrogen") and, to some extent, S-V. Something like that:

I can take a look but it could be a little tricky to balance all 3 combinations.

hey it's me again, sorry for being bothersome and i don't know if this is a known bug, but the periscope on the hermes capsule is automatically opening on selecting the capsule, with no button to close it in the right-click menu. thanks in advance!

Thank you BDB and Thank you Skylab for having lamps I can put on a landing probe to Plock's Moon Karen.

20220417185131_1_by_pudgemountain_df3u5z8-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjN1NXo4LWQ3Y2YyOTcxLTcwOGUtNGQ5OS1hNzE5LWVhNmJhMWY2MWRkOC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.sAwL9x5YjaMQzK6mpADQ7POVg_rjfpBkM1Map0Vm4Ew

I had two Apollo Block V panels but due to Karen's gravity and darkness the probe fell on it's side thank God I have RTGs as backup. But the Skylab EVA lamps work really well.

34 minutes ago, JustDark said:

It looks like there's two Scimitar antennas, is this a bug?

18 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

The one with the model switching is the right one.

Oh, looks like we never deprecated the old one.

1 hour ago, bjornadri said:

hey it's me again, sorry for being bothersome and i don't know if this is a known bug, but the periscope on the hermes capsule is automatically opening on selecting the capsule, with no button to close it in the right-click menu. thanks in advance!

I'll take another look at it soon.

20 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

3) That Agena ring\fairing base has collider issues - I've added a decoupler and tried to fire it, but the ring didn't separate clearly and started to "dance" around Agena. Or maybe it's one of Agena parts. Needs further investigation.

If I remember, I never designed it with the intention of having it stage off the Agena. It's meant to serve as a support for the strap-on tanks. I can see about adjusting the colliders some time.

13 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Preview of the upcoming 25kW power module with multi docking adapter for Skylab.

Oh my goodness gracious, that's hawt :o

Will those new solars be using the Habtech2 model?

Edited by JustDark

13 minutes ago, JustDark said:

Oh my goodness gracious, that's hawt :o

Will those new solars be using the Habtech2 model?

No shown above is a new panel I made for BDB, though it takes a lot of inspiration from Benjee's habtech (especially in how to animate it).

3 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

Was that a real proposal? How would it have been launched? Also, what about the Skylab reboost module, is that planned?

Iirc it was more of a study than proposal but I do believe the power tower and subsequent modules would have been launched in the shuttle 

13 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

Was that a real proposal? How would it have been launched? Also, what about the Skylab reboost module, is that planned?

From the Skylab Reuse study and Cobalt has already said the reboost module will not be added

36 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

The 25kW power module was considered mainly for shuttle operations. It would have been berthed to the shuttle itself in most applications I think not 100% sure. One of the applications however was to use it to enhance a boosted skylab.

Berthed to the shuttle alone

older version of the proposal with skylab.

About reboost, that's a maybe.

Edited by Zorg

32 minutes ago, Zorg said:

The 25kW power module was considered mainly for shuttle operations. It would have been berthed to the shuttle itself in most applications I think not 100% sure. One of the applications however was to use it to enhance a boosted skylab.

Interesting. Reminds me of the cancelled ISS power module that eventually became Rassvet. May I ask, what is the module on the rightmost view labeled "Spacelab"?

11 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

Interesting. Reminds me of the cancelled ISS power module that eventually became Rassvet. May I ask, what is the module on the rightmost view labeled "Spacelab"?

I dont have further details tbh. I got this from a post on the orbiter forums while looking for Skylab dimensions (suprisingly hard to come by). It seems likely its a notional version of the shuttle spacelab.

12 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

While the model could be the same, I would make a case that a duplicate or unique part would be the better choice for Centaur C/E.    The fact that the Saturn Centaur is NOT a balloon tank is a big change.   While B9PS does amazing work, the granularity provided by KSP is too coarse to allow multiple Tank types with the same fuel.   I have a Hypergolic Custom fuel patch for BDB.  In the case of Agena it is a Monocoque tank this changes the mass vs fuel load slightly.  But the patch that loads it can load standard Hypergolic one time and Monocoque a different time.   I have gone to the point of disabling the B9PS fuel tank switcher on the Agena Tanks because of this.        Now if S-V Centaur used say lqd Fluorine instead of Lqd Oxygen then it would be easy to re-use the part with B9PartSwitch

Also the fact that the Centaur C keeps it's jettisonable blanket until engine ignition is significantly different than Centaur D et al.

I want to be clear here.   B9PartSwitch is not the limiting factor here.  Rather it is KSP itself with it's pretty simplistic small display.

13 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Sorry for the double quote.  But something popped into my head about the "Triple Layer Mylar"     the D.1A also has that I believe.      Remember D.1A and D.1T were supposed to be identical except for the jettisonable insulation in the case of D.1A as it was not under a PLF.

D.1 (the first generation Centaur) Did NOT have this insulation.

4 hours ago, Zorg said:

Preview of the upcoming 25kW power module with multi docking adapter for Skylab.

Are those APAS-75 docking ports? Would that system have been used if the shuttle were flying missions involving docking earlier, or would a new system have been developed like was done for Shuttle-Mir and ISS?