[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 hours ago, GoldForest said:

So if you want to get the S-II in LKO and S-IVB in Mun orbit... strap some UA1207s on... or use a bigger Saturn S-IC... with better engines... yeah... ellipsis... more ellipsis... even MORE ellipsis... okay I'm done.

If taken to extreme like 4 LRB and 6 F-1A stretch S-I maybe 7 of any of advanced Hydrolox engine on a regular (or stretch) 2nd S-II how far it can go? 

Or even sillier, making a custom Tri/quad coupler and launch it on V-3X/4X

Edited by derega16

Starting on the Centaur single-engine mount. Saw some stuff on an aft bulkhead subsatellite carrier so I thought it could be a fun thing to do a switch of:

Capture1.PNG

The inner rim seen above is 0.125m. IRL, I believe it was most notably used to launch Marco A/B on Insight's Centaur. Luciole has cubesats that are based on Marco iirc:

Capture.PNG

They can just barely barely fit there!

3 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

Little more progress on Centaur:

Capture.PNG

Next move will probably be to make the single-engine mount

will we get the cubesat deployer aswell? maybe as a seperate part?

EDIT: sorry, I'm stupid so I didn't look what was on the next page :D

Edited by Starhelperdude

6 hours ago, derega16 said:

If taken to extreme like 4 LRB and 6 F-1A stretch S-I maybe 7 of any of advanced Hydrolox engine on a regular (or stretch) 2nd S-II how far it can go? 

Or even sillier, making a custom Tri/quad coupler and launch it on V-3X/4X

Can't stretch the S-II wetlab.

Are their plans by anyone to redo the RL10 family?   

If there isn't I am going to submit a Pull request for the RL10B-3 on the basic RL10A engine.  

For those of you who didn't read my document posted on Easter Morning, the RL10B-3 is the oft quoted but never put into production RL10 variant for the Saturn S-V (super centaur) and the S-IV stage with 4 Engines.   It had a Higher thrust with a similar efficiency as the RL10A-3 and RL10A-3S used on Saturn did. 

The document in question is the Saturn C-2 and C-3 article in my archive in the signature below.

59 minutes ago, Adam-Kerman said:

Is the Skylab IVA opposite of Parasol or ?

Dammit. The IVA mesh rotation in blender is opposite what it will be in game. I had this in mind when designing it initially nearly a year ago but forgot at some point (it was lined up with the exterior model in blender).

I'll fix it sometime soon. It shouldn't be too much trouble.

2 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Are their plans by anyone to redo the RL10 family?   

If there isn't I am going to submit a Pull request for the RL10B-3 on the basic RL10A engine.  

For those of you who didn't read my document posted on Easter Morning, the RL10B-3 is the oft quoted but never put into production RL10 variant for the Saturn S-V (super centaur) and the S-IV stage with 4 Engines.   It had a Higher thrust with a similar efficiency as the RL10A-3 and RL10A-3S used on Saturn did. 

The document in question is the Saturn C-2 and C-3 article in my archive in the signature below.

So it's bigger/more powerful than baseline RL10 or?

19 hours ago, Zorg said:

Personally I would not recommend using Magpie at all in any circumstance. Its one of those things I mentioned that just applies config only based PBR indiscriminately. If you want TU with BDB for more than what we provide I would only recommend Bellas configs although there's no guarantee they are fully up to date.

What do you suggest for people that want stock/Restock/SSPR/other, non-BDB support? Remove the BDB parts of Magpie?

I sent my first rover to the Moon though unfortunately since I currently do not have the proper Rover parts I used a unmanned Gemini Lander pod and a special probe to operate the capsules by machine.

20220429175842_1_by_pudgemountain_df4kq8u-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjRrcTh1LTJiNDMyY2JiLTM0ZTYtNDgwYy04ZjI2LTQ1MDQ3ZGQwZGNiNi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.dnLrV01XEMKMTY5T7qAkff7x_tLfYRDE8B7U-xLoID8

It even comes with a Television camera that directly links to Earth so Kerbals can watch live footage at home.

20220429175539_1_by_pudgemountain_df4kq8o-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjRrcThvLTk2N2VhMGIwLTFlZDQtNDllNS1iNzAwLTRhNjY3MjA4ZTZkMy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.7Dyk2JDX_8CdwREnZzx4WS1U8BvJzrXBRlGDxfFCFpw

20220429175734_1_by_pudgemountain_df4kq8i-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjRrcThpLTE2MmQyYzlmLWM1NzQtNGI5MC1hYzBlLWZiMTA2Y2E0NDQ4OC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.xRCZaxvnBtF-KbFhMql-x0pUIhsEouyMtpZzYdX4C-g

I'm still learning how to land on the 2.5x Moon ^^;.

35 minutes ago, Pudgemountain said:

I sent my first rover to the Moon though unfortunately since I currently do not have the proper Rover parts I used a unmanned Gemini Lander pod and a special probe to operate the capsules by machine.

It even comes with a Television camera that directly links to Earth so Kerbals can watch live footage at home.

I'm still learning how to land on the 2.5x Moon ^^;.

Might want to widen your landing base, seems a little skinny. Also land around 0.3 to 0.5 m/s to avoid major bouncing. The lower the better. Mechjeb is good at landing, but make sure "Auto timewarp" is set to OFF, otherwise Mechjeb will autowarp too far and not have enough time to slow down enough. Also, do NOT timewarp yourself. Physics warp is okay, but DO NOT timewarp during landing. 

Speedy Boi 2 and Speedy Grill Manned Docking Maneuver: "When Boi Meets Grill"

avBVIdA.png

Spoiler

Speedy Grill Launch

LdRic48.png

5pH65vV.png

sxoigUY.png

AHWfGAY.png

Speedy Boi 2 Launch

gq6PC0s.png

c9hxlfj.png

Docking

avBVIdA.png

Speedy Grill pushing the Speedy Boi 2 capsule home due to a staging mishap with the Boi's service module:

FMov8pn.png

1 minute ago, bigyihsuan said:

Speedy Boi 2 and Speedy Grill Manned Docking Maneuver: "When Boi Meets Grill"

Hide contents

Speedy Grill Launch

Speedy Boi 2 Launch

Docking

avBVIdA.png

Speedy Grill pushing the Speedy Boi 2 capsule home due to a staging mishap with the Boi's service module:

I know you recolored the service module, but to me that looks like it's been through reentry a few dozen times and recovered from the ocean to be used again. 

7 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Might want to widen your landing base, seems a little skinny. Also land around 0.3 to 0.5 m/s to avoid major bouncing. The lower the better. Mechjeb is good at landing, but make sure "Auto timewarp" is set to OFF, otherwise Mechjeb will autowarp too far and not have enough time to slow down enough. Also, do NOT timewarp yourself. Physics warp is okay, but DO NOT timewarp during landing. 

Thanks for the tip.

2 hours ago, AdrianDogmeat said:

So it's bigger/more powerful than baseline RL10 or?

Short version (since we really do not know the long version)  They changed the combustion cycle to increase chamber pressure for more thrust.   IRL the engine never reached the design requirements and was canceled.   And thus S-V never existed and S-IV was switched from a 4 engine to a 6 engine stage.

Most EASY TO FIND documents and web pages list the engine just with the DOD/USAF designation of LR-119 (RL10A-3 is LR-115 for comparison.)   By the standards the USAF sets that means the RL10B-3 had to be signficant enough different to denote a new engine type....  Ignoring all the modern civil engines that are purchased and given new designations like candy when I type that...

LR-119 was to be used with Centaur C (S-V) Centaur E (re-designated Centaur C after NASA took over direct control of Centaur program)   "Growth Centaur" which was to be used with "Big Atlas F" and Centaur JR 

atlas-eff-centaur.jpg

For the longest time the only document I had in my possession that referenced any of these was the document Ed Kyle used to draw the above image up.  And yes, that is also where I first heard about the H-2 engine.   Which we now know is basically a H-1 engine with a so called "Mk XIV" turbopump in place of the stock ones.

33 minutes ago, Awesomesauce1337 said:

Not sure if this is an issue or not, but on the Centaur tank labeled the "Inon 1440" or in the files as "bluedog_Centaur_Tank" the category is set to none instead of FuelTank or Payload or something like that.

Thats a deprecated part deliberately hidden.

4 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

So I don't know if this is only happening for me or what, but the link to the dev branch on the OP hasn't been working. Is there a way to get to it directly from the GitHub page?

Go to github, click on the button that says master and switch that to 1.11 development. The link in the OP is outdated as it used to point to apollo saturn dev which is deleted.