[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

13 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

To add on to this the module from Angel-125 has its own part so you could just grab that and clip it into your craft

I'm curious, which part from which of Angel's many mods?

You'd just need ModulePowerUnitConverter from the Buffalo 2 plugin. It hasn't been released yet but here's the specs:

MODULE
	{
		name = ModulePowerUnitConverter

// In Breaking Ground Science, Power Unit is an integer, but resources like ElectricCharge use decimals.
		// The default is 0.25, so 1.0 EC = 4 PU.
		// This number was derived by comparing the size of the Breaking Ground Mini-NUK-PB RTG to the stock PB-NUK RTG,
		// and looking how how much ElectricCharge the stock RTG produces. That actually gives us 0.375 (the Mini-NUK is
		// about half as tall as the stock RTG), but we dropped that to 0.25 to make the math easier.
		ecPerPowerUnit = 0.25

// The maximum number of Power Units that the converter can provide.
		// Note that this is an integer value. The default is 10.
		// Multiply by ecPerPowerUnit to calculate how much ElectricCharge/sec that the power converter will consume.
		// If you leave focus on the vessel and come back, then the E.C. will be drained accordingly.
		maxPowerUnitsProduced = 10
	}

On 5/10/2022 at 12:59 AM, Pappystein said:

Yes yes yes,   You have a Nice GE 405H powered Vega there :D

But in some respects, I have used the Vega for just such a role (no boiloff... it should have LOX boiloff but everyone would loose there *STUFF* if that was in game because of all the "stockalike fuel" people.)   

But by the same token that is why my Hypergolic patches are in the Extras Folder now :D

YES you too can now fuel your titan with 50/50 (AKA Aerozine50 and NTO)!    I did not go into all the different fuel types because B9PS, while awesome, does not have an easy interface for 22 different fuel combos that is easy for a neophyte player.   If it was a Hypergolic rocket in BDB it is now AZ50/NTO fueled.

You also get the RL10B-3 (aka the XLR-119) that was canceled for Saturn and Centaur C.    if you are using the AJ-9 Titan engine patch you get the Kerolox versions of that... and if you are like me and like Saturn II.   My thrust reprofiling of the Agol to mimic the Minuteman M55 until a real one is made.   (on the Dev Branch not the release or master branches)

Found hypergolic patch in dev version, installed it (Pafftek), poison juice appeared as tank propellant option, but GE 405 still uses kerosene. I installed it wrong?

1 hour ago, Shlyopa said:

Found hypergolic patch in dev version, installed it (Pafftek), poison juice appeared as tank propellant option, but GE 405 still uses kerosene. I installed it wrong?

Vega is a kerolox stage

1 hour ago, Shlyopa said:

IIRC, Pappy said some engines had hypergolic function added, but not all and they would get around to adding others when they had more time. 

19 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Vega is a kerolox stage

Vega was supposed to use "Storable propellants." Wouldn't that imply hypergolic fuel? 

6 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

IIRC, Pappy said some engines had hypergolic function added, but not all and they would get around to adding others when they had more time. 

Vega was supposed to use "Storable propellants." Wouldn't that imply hypergolic fuel? 

To put it more precisely the GE405H powered main “Vega” second stage was kerolox. The JPL 6K powered third stage was storable (Hydrazine + NTO)

Just now, Zorg said:

To put it more precisely the GE405H powered main “Vega” second stage was kerolox. The JPL 6K powered third stage was storable (Hydrazine + NTO)

Ah. Gotcha. I think further confusion comes from the comparison with Agena, which does use hypergolics. 

L3dbnBZ.png

5c1mQhf.png

Z3oB57X.png

Apollo 20 (LM Shelter Delivery (No landing))
Aardvark I (LM Truck delivery)
Apollo 21 (Lunar landing + LM Taxi)
All three sitting on pads waiting for launch. (For purposes of these missions, the stock launch pad is a fictional LC-39C which was constructed for the purposes of being able to launch a third Saturn V without having to turn around one of the two existing towers)

For these missions, previous lunar landing crews will be piloting the Shelter Delivery missions so that new crews can get to land on the Moon/Mun. The Apollo 20 shelter delivery missions consists of Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Charles "Pete" Conrad. 

Landing missions will consist of astronauts who did not get to the surface of the moon. Apollo 21 consists of Michael Collins, Richard Gordon and John Young.

In this timeline, Aardvark was made, but it's basically Apollo CSM with the seats removed and autonomous flight computer put in. (Basically, using the boilerplate CM)

17 minutes ago, Shlyopa said:

So many Saturns...

Well, all of them are needed. We could have possibly seen this irl if the AES program was funded.

Though I wonder if NASA would have built a 3rd launch pad or just built another crawler and tower and just had it close to the pad so they could easily turn it around and launch the 3rd mission quickly.

Edited by GoldForest

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

Well, all of them are needed. We could have possibly seen this irl if the AES program was funded.

Though I wonder if NASA would have built a 3rd launch pad or just built another crawler and tower and just had it close to the pad so they could easily turn it around and launch the 3rd mission quickly.

Three pads, seven mobile launchers and two MSS (but still two crawlers) was proposed for the IMISCD study (Integrated Manned Interplanetary Spacecraft Concept Definition Study)

IMG_7638.png

Edited by Jcking

16 minutes ago, Jcking said:

For the Taxi, is is possible to get the J class cutout on the descent stage?

Yeah they're separate transforms so I just need to add variants that combine the extra AES taxi/truck bits with the J-class mesh.

I honestly wasnt sure how useful it would be with the addition of the rover ramps.