[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

16 minutes ago, bjornadri said:

understood, thatnks for the advice, one more question tho, once i get it in orbit, how do i actually dock the thing since it has no RCS or probe control?

They were launched with an AARDV tug that did all the flight and control.

fetch.php?w=750&tok=f999bf&media=timelin

55 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

They were launched with an AARDV tug that did all the flight and control.

In my experience, Mechjeb doesn't like it when the RCS thrusters are only on one side of the center of gravity.  I added thrusters to the FRM to make controlling easier for the old Mechanical Jeb.

@bjornadri If by SLA you mean the fairings used for the Apollo missions, you do have other options if you have Simple Adjustable Fairings installed, which is included with BDB.  The FRM fits perfectly with one of the SAF fairings sized for the Saturn I type rockets.  Just add more segments and tada!  When I get home, I can add another FRM to my station (cause 2 is better, right?) and take some pics of my setup.

Edited by MashAndBangers

15 minutes ago, Future Astronaut said:

In my opinion, this is the best mod ever! I have a suggestion:

There are many modern rockets (such as Firefly and New Glenn) that don't really have an up-to-date mod. Maybe the BDB team could look into these in the future?

Heya! I believe that the BDB team is focused on things from the past rather than future rockets, but great suggestion!

1 hour ago, Future Astronaut said:

In my opinion, this is the best mod ever! I have a suggestion:

There are many modern rockets (such as Firefly and New Glenn) that don't really have an up-to-date mod. Maybe the BDB team could look into these in the future?

1 hour ago, dababykerman said:

Heya! I believe that the BDB team is focused on things from the past rather than future rockets, but great suggestion!

It is a historic mod, yes, but it's also a "What we're interested in." mod. Hence why Delta IV is in the mod because Zorg was interested in doing that rocket. 

I don't think anyone on the BDB team has any interest in adding Firefly or New Glenn, at least not at this time anyway with the Saturn Part 2 update being in full swing.

Edited by GoldForest

3 hours ago, GoldForest said:

It is a historic mod, yes, but it's also a "What we're interested in." mod. Hence why Delta IV is in the mod because Zorg was interested in doing that rocket. 

I don't think anyone on the BDB team has any interest in adding Firefly or New Glenn, at least not at this time anyway with the Saturn Part 2 update being in full swing.

wait, what do you mean Part 2?

Just now, Galileo chiu said:

wait, what do you mean Part 2?

Update 1.11 will add other Saturn/Apollo application stuff, so it's technically a part 2 imo. I call it part 2, not sure if the team actually does. 

7 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Delta IV wasn't just because I'm interested in it, it still fits in BDB because its the culmination of half a century of Thor/Delta rockets. "New Space" rockets do not fit with our theme.

19 hours ago, bjornadri said:

okay one more question and then i'm done (for now wink wink). i'm in the process of building spacelab from ETS. say ETS were real, what LV would be used to bring the FRM and EALM up to the station? i tried fitting the FRM in a SLA but it doesn't really fit so i reckon it's not an LV in the Saturn family.

I was curious about it, so I looked into it a bit. According to the Mission List on the alternate history wiki, both the Airlock Module and ERM (FRM in BDB) are launched on Saturn IC, with AARDV Tug as control. The missions are AARDV-4 and -6, respectively.

13 minutes ago, korych said:

Hi.

I have this problem.

Make sure that the engine is attached to the correct node. Sometimes it snaps to the one meant for the SLA.

Edited by Zorg

On 5/16/2022 at 7:17 AM, Grimmas said:

But if you do run into any serious bugs with that patch, I'm still around, so drop me a line.

Actually, I think there is a problem currently. This began when the white paint scheme was introduced on the Centaur. I notice the patch says specific things about the orange subtype but nothing about the white. Removing the patch fixes the startup error. Any ideas?

BiRVQQs.png

27 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Actually, I think there is a problem currently. This began when the white paint scheme was introduced on the Centaur. I notice the patch says specific things about the orange subtype but nothing about the white. Removing the patch fixes the startup error. Any ideas?

BiRVQQs.png

Thanks for letting me know. I could reproduce it, so I'll look into fixing it (might take a few days as I'm busy with work during the week).

Hmm odd, I'm actually not getting the error when booting up. The patch looks correct to me. The error is showing its not finding the b9 module with ID textureSwitchPaint which does exist on the part. Perhaps a fresh clean install of BDB is in order? Could be something went wrong with copy pasting or merging folders or something.

2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

BiRVQQs.png

1 hour ago, Grimmas said:

Thanks for letting me know. I could reproduce it, so I'll look into fixing it (might take a few days as I'm busy with work during the week).

EDIT: Actually the error is probably related to the ModuleSwitch in the white subtype. Looking for BDB boiloff. Do you both have the CryoTanks patch installed?

EDIT: And now I realise the earlier part of the conversation did link it to that patch lol. Er yeah it can probably be resolved somehow.

Edited by Zorg

5 hours ago, Zorg said:

EDIT: And now I realise the earlier part of the conversation did link it to that patch lol. Er yeah it can probably be resolved somehow.

5 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Yep - maintaining the CryoTanks patch is where the conversation started :)

It's probably as simple as changing "Orange" to "Orange|White" I just don't have the time to fix it right now, maybe a bit later.

EDIT: Fixed, PR on Github. This should be more future-proofed now. 

Edited by Grimmas

Wg5Bn7a.png

KLR7f0N.png

Ibtnmlk.png

VdDCAia.png

mcKfosr.png

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Note to self, turn down the force of the 3.125m decoupler... 

Also, for those wondering why I used Delta IV and not Delta IV heavy, Starliner is almost half Orion's weight, and doesn't need to go as far as Orion. Orion went to about 5,800 KM. A far cry from the ISS' 422km (around 175KM in KSP)

could do with some help, for some reason the apollo 15 craft file that i have seems to be deleting existance, its exclusively this craft that does it, upon liftoff everythig goes black, upon opening the map view all my vessels are present but the bodies they are on and the skybox has dissapered, yet the vessel keeps climbing. 

link to craft files here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ScmkUHg22rPGk4kkv77ILNBJ2JS1k8q/view?usp=sharing craft file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xhVuu7fcb250y8XnUIusH-oFD8UKKSiA/view?usp=sharing loadmeta file

edit: should note that nothing is appearing in the logfile or console

Edited by x170doom

5 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Wg5Bn7a.png

KLR7f0N.png

Ibtnmlk.png

VdDCAia.png

mcKfosr.png

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Note to self, turn down the force of the 3.125m decoupler... 

Also, for those wondering why I used Delta IV and not Delta IV heavy, Starliner is almost half Orion's weight, and doesn't need to go as far as Orion. Orion went to about 5,800 KM. A far cry from the ISS' 422km (around 175KM in KSP)

which Starliner mod is that from?