[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, Jay The Amazing Toaster said:

Those legs remind of something.... somewhat related.....

Work on this instead....kappa.png

It was based on this mr6deGm.png

17 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Any news on the S-IVB interstage? 

I, uh, opened Unity then got distracted. It's up now. Normally I'd be annoyed but actually thanks for reminding me. :)

Is there going to be a version of the Apollo SPS without the mount on top?(I know that there is already a huge part list in the VAB but we have these versions of the LEM engines and I think it would look cool as an upper stage engine)

Edited by NeoFatalis

12 hours ago, cxg2827 said:

Delta IV when?

It would be quite cool to see a BDB take on the Delta IVs. If someone did a BDB-esque Orion/SLS it would be pretty awesome, too. Of course, we have RSB for the first and SSTU has a great version of the second, but it would still be quite awesome.

21 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

It would be quite cool to see a BDB take on the Delta IVs. If someone did a BDB-esque Orion/SLS it would be pretty awesome, too. Of course, we have RSB for the first and SSTU has a great version of the second, but it would still be quite awesome.

How about BDB Minotaur/Taurus, Super Strypi, Scout, or Pegasus? Some of those wouldn't be that much work.

14 hours ago, cxg2827 said:

Delta IV when?

1 hour ago, DJ Reonic said:

59 minutes ago, Nnimrod said:

How about BDB Minotaur/Taurus, Super Strypi, Scout, or Pegasus? Some of those wouldn't be that much work.

New rockets??

CgMxajc.png

3 minutes ago, Nnimrod said:

I think I must have missed something

Only the huge amount of work and effort that goes into ANY mod, much less one that already has more parts in it than Squad itself... :P

Edited by Stone Blue

3 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

New rockets just aren't something we do. :P

ESPECIALLY Delta IV. It's been an ongoing joke here that he refuses to do it. Maybe in the vary far future we can convince him. 

ok that's fine, I just mentioned it because people mentioned Delta IV, and if you guys were to do something new, why not do something that no one has done before. Delta IV heavy has been done to death, but no one has ever done a Scout to my knowledge, despite it's long and successful service record.

I know it's a lot of work lol. I've been working on a project of my own for more than a year now and have no real likelihood of ever finishing it.

2 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Only the huge amount of work and effort that goes into ANY mod, much less one that already has more parts in it than Squad itself... :P

Edited by Nnimrod

30 minutes ago, Jall said:

@raidernick has done a Scout in his US rockets pack, but it's a realistic one; not stockalike.

I had forgotten about the US Rockets pack. Unfortunately the textures are a bit dated. But there's some very nice models, and of some stuff that has not been done to death.

2 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

2 hours ago, Nnimrod said:

43 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

New rockets just aren't something we do. :P

ESPECIALLY Delta IV. It's been an ongoing joke here that he refuses to do it. Maybe in the vary far future we can convince him.

42 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

40 minutes ago, Nnimrod said:

ok that's fine, I just mentioned it because people mentioned Delta IV, and if you guys were to do something new, why not do something that no one has done before. Delta IV heavy has been done to death, but no one has ever done a Scout to my knowledge, despite it's long and successful service record.

I know it's a lot of work lol. I've been working on a project of my own for more than a year now and have no real likelihood of ever finishing it.

25 minutes ago, Jall said:

@raidernick has done a Scout in his US rockets pack, but it's a realistic one; not stockalike.

Delta IV is on the roadmap - but only to liquid people off by getting their hopes up. I don't like big ugly orange rockets :P     *cough*saturnmultibody*cough*

RE: more solid SLVs...

(from the BDB roadmap)

MOAR SOLIDS

SCOUT

<modeled> >Algol (can be reused for Little Joe 2?) (inline) (0.9375m)
            <modeled> >Castor (inline)(0.625m)

STRAP-ONs

>Castor 2

>Castor 4

>Castor (Japanese H1 variant)

>Medium radial decoupler (for Castor/GEM size strap ons)

TAURUS / PEGASUS
            >Taurus/Pegasus Orion solids

>Minuteman 1st stage

>Strongback structure

>Wings

>Empennage

>Super Strypi Fins

Algol and Castor will probably be in this update, they'll only take an afternoon to do. That means that in the first two tech nodes you'd have 4 rockets to mix and match between. I will have to see if I can do mesh switching to switch between radial angled nozzles and straight inline ones...

The problem with having more solid motors is, well, they're all kind of the same. So I am feeling like I probably won't do dedicated Taurus solids. :/ You'll note that the Super Strypi only has its fins listed...

Speaking of MOAR SOLIDS, I think Saturn 1 still needs it's new first stage... :wink: