[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Would I be able to use the new BDB update in a 1.2 save, or is there some little thing in 1.3 that would screw it up? Absolutely amazing work though, great job!

1 hour ago, Jall said:

Would I be able to use the new BDB update in a 1.2 save, or is there some little thing in 1.3 that would screw it up? Absolutely amazing work though, great job!

Negative, we had to update our plugins for some small new things in this update (the new Agena Materials Bay, for instance)

11 hours ago, Daishi said:

You never cease to amaze me dude. 

<333

10 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

You're sooo bad! :D

See the aforementioned 'this update needs KSP 1.3 due to plugin updates' :P I had to as @Dmagic (sorry tagging doesn't work in my mobile browser) to port some features over from his mainline plugin to the generic version.

I've found that with the new update, the Apollo petal adapter isn't working at all. I tried with a fresh install of BDB and KSP, but it still doesn't stage or show the animation.

I second this. The petal adapter also seems a bit wider than the Service Module. That, and I still can't find the sweet spot for getting a CSM to orbit atop a Saturn IB. And with my alternate timeline, the Saturn INT-20 (later renamed the Saturn II) isn't introduced until 1975, debuting on Apollo 38. Even though I know a BDB INT-20 can orbit a CSM no problem, I'm still at Apollo 1, so it doesn't make sense for an INT-20 to be used this early, especially before the S-IC has been tested on Apollo 4.

Edited by BNSF1995

I'm not sure if this has been answered here at all, but after an install of the first 1.3 update from Github (not the RC1), whenever I try to access EVA Items, Science, etc. modules in my VAB and SPH, it just shows the pods & satellites, nothing else. Is something wrong with my install?

Update: I have now installed RC1, and it's still not fixed. Help!

Edited by Kerrsplatt

@CobaltWolfFound some small bugs in RC1:

The magnetometer included with the N100 omni antenna is a different experiment to the "standard" magnetometer experiment most other magnetometers use.

The mini radial decoupler now has 1000 ejection force (I guess it was easier to test the force offset from before with the extra power lol)

And the 1.875 radial decoupler (which now looks much nicer!) now has a force offset like the mini used to have.

Edited by Rodger

As soon as I dock my Kane 11 capsule to a previously unoccupied docking port, the 2.5m Capsule Decoupler will decouple the Service Module.

I have removed the decoupler from the Abort action group, shut down the engine, locked the stage, nothing seem to stop it. 

I am using 2 stock Clamp-o-Tron docking ports.  Is there something I am missing?

I am using the Kane-11-3 capsule, the 2.5m Capsule decoupler, 3OSM service module, SE12 propulsion system, 2x PPA deployable solar panels (already deployed and only action mapped to abort function) and a few RCS blocks and antennas

14 hours ago, BNSF1995 said:

I second this. The petal adapter also seems a bit wider than the Service Module. That, and I still can't find the sweet spot for getting a CSM to orbit atop a Saturn IB.

Much like with the real Apollo missions that used the Saturn IB, you have to empty out about 3/4 of the service module's fuel tank. If you do that it'll make it significantly easier to get into orbit.

@CobaltWolf Found a bug with the ranger solar panels where they don't want to properly attach to surfaces...

The other parts are also radially attached just to verify that it is indeed a problem with the solar panels and not the probe core itself.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Tried with a different proper core just in case
unknown.png

56 minutes ago, TheBritishEmpire said:

I have a question over the Saturn V. How do I put the Apollo Command Module and the Lunar Module together? I mean, where do I attach the Lunar Module to the Command Module together, and, where do they go on the Saturn V?

They are actually not attached at launch. The LEM attaches (via a node on the bottom of the descent engine) to the inside of the SLA, and the CSM attaches (via a hidden node inside the SPS) to the top of the SLA.The docking port on the LEM should fit snugly right below the engine bell of the SPS, but not actually be attached, like here: 

S66-05120.jpg

If you're still not quite sure, you can check out the official craft on the KerbalX repo: https://kerbalx.com/minepagan/Apollo-CSM+LEM

1 hour ago, TheBritishEmpire said:

I have a question over the Saturn V. How do I put the Apollo Command Module and the Lunar Module together? I mean, where do I attach the Lunar Module to the Command Module together, and, where do they go on the Saturn V?

Midflight they attach like this:

NASA-Digital-Blueprint-Apollo-Mission-Tr

Just a question, but with the addition of Skylab, will there be an automated way of lowering the telescope mount from the top of the docking mount to the side like the real Skylab? I was messing around with the parts and noticed that there was no way of doing this without putting the telescope mount on a docking port and adding it to Hokulani after launch.

6 minutes ago, Noname115 said:

Just a question, but with the addition of Skylab, will there be an automated way of lowering the telescope mount from the top of the docking mount to the side like the real Skylab? I was messing around with the parts and noticed that there was no way of doing this without putting the telescope mount on a docking port and adding it to Hokulani after launch.

The actual Skylab has small motors and arms that swung the telescope from the top of the stack to the mounting point, a detail you usually have to hunt around for.

That kind of mechanism is probably beyond the scope of BDB (correct me if I'm wrong) so I believe in lieu of you the telescope mount has probe capabilities, some RCS thrusters, and some monoprop to independently undock it from the top, move it around then redock it to the mounting point.

51 minutes ago, gc1ceo said:

-snip- the telescope mount has probe capabilities, some RCS thrusters, and some monoprop to independently undock it from the top, move it around then redock it to the mounting point.

Aha. That could work. Thank you.

Edited by Noname115

5 hours ago, gc1ceo said:

The actual Skylab has small motors and arms that swung the telescope from the top of the stack to the mounting point, a detail you usually have to hunt around for.

That kind of mechanism is probably beyond the scope of BDB (correct me if I'm wrong) so I believe in lieu of you the telescope mount has probe capabilities, some RCS thrusters, and some monoprop to independently undock it from the top, move it around then redock it to the mounting point.

Or you could use Infernal Robotics for that...