[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

9 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Just uninstall FASA, and here's a pic

8 hours ago, Deltac said:

Best tip

I will add, I was a long time FASA user.   I had it on my PC almost from the moment it was "developed from / spun-off-of" Novapunch and was just a Redstone rocket with the Mercury capsule.  FASA was a few parts for the Manned NASA missions only....   BDB is practically the entire US Space program (Rocket wise) from the formation of NASA to the end of the Saturn program and includes parts for some Alt-History time lines (Earth To the Sky being the biggest.)   You won't find better mod for NASA type mission in KSP today.   No offense to the other mod makers out there but @CobaltWolf and company have spent a lot of time working on this...   I am proud to say that EVERY KSP game I have now has BDB as the first mod I download...     I mean we just had a nice teaser for Titan Large Diameter Core stage parts a few messages above yours...   Titan LDC was a PAPER study at best.

Edited by Pappystein

So installing this in addition to the FASA mod is ok? I'd like to mess with this but don't want to screw anything up on the FASA side (as I've got too much time in it to lose it). I'd like to build a Saturn 5 Apollo to the moon rocket with it and compare it to the FASA one I've already built (and flown).

Edited by MikeO89

13 minutes ago, MikeO89 said:

So installing this in addition to the FASA mod is ok? I'd like to mess with this but don't want to screw anything up on the FASA side (as I've got too much time in it to lose it). I'd like to build a Saturn 5 Apollo to the moon rocket with it and compare it to the FASA one I've already built (and flown).

Sorry, I just realized nobody actually responded to you. :P Yeah haha, nothing will break if you install it alongside FASA. The parts aren't interchangeable, at least I don't think, since both mods have their own little quirks about how things are put together. The BDB Saturn V's first two stages are a different, more realistically proportioned diameter than FASA's (specifically, 5.625m diameter compared to 5m, relatively). I'm not sure how they compare on balance - BDB's parts are balanced against the stock parts (meaning a BDB tank would have the same mass, fuel units, etc as a stock tank of equivalent size) so as to be consistent with other modpacks. In turn, the entire KSP solar system is too small for the stock rockets and thus, to get correct delta V amounts, you should play with a rescale. I'm not sure how FASA handles that with their larger (read: Saturn/Apollo) stuff. I remember thinking the Titan II parts were underpowered but that was years ago. :)

EDIT: Oh jeez I spent too long typing...

EDIT2:

5 minutes ago, T-10a said:

No conflicts should occur, though BDB also includes the FASA clamps so issues may arise there.

I don't believe any will occur, since the BDB launch clamps have a different internal name to prevent that exact issue :)

Edited by CobaltWolf

I haven't used a stock part since 3 career saves ago.

Help me.

PS Mike089, you're going to love this mod. There's alt-history Apollo parts (solar panels, unmanned resupplies, interplanetary flyby), Skylab, Apollo subsatellite, and if you get KIS/KAS and the SurfaceExperimentPackage mod then you can even use the ALSEP. 

Edited by VektorWorlds

1 minute ago, VektorWorlds said:

I haven't used a stock part since 3 career saves ago.

Help me.

And that's a bad thing because...? :P

(will probs start a BDB/Taerobee/Cormorant/Habtech-themed career soon(tm) as something to do while messing with SSTU configs)

Edited by T-10a

4 minutes ago, T-10a said:

And that's a bad thing because...? :P

(will probs start a BDB/Taerobee/Cormorant/Habtech-themed career soon(tm) as something to do while messing with SSTU configs)

Everything I do at this point is some mix of ProbesPlus, BDB, and SSTU. Probes are usually ProbesPlus and BDB, manned is usually BDB, and launchers are BDB and SSTU. (SSTU because it lets me tweak the settings and make gigantic Whackjobian monstrosities. I'm not sure why you'd need 2,500t in LKO, but I can do it :P)

Edited by VektorWorlds

9 hours ago, MikeO89 said:

Alrighty then! I'm getting this sucker right now. Anything Apollo and I'm all in. Are there any pre-built ships with this in case I need a model to help build the Saturn 5 Apollo?

There is a craft file on the OP but I don't know if it's updated, instead there is still the manual, also on OP.

Very WIP, but found a new part for Apollo - another spotlight! I wanted this to be a 'part-in-an-evening' type surprise but I wound up getting a late start - I'll be able to finish cleaning it up and get it on Github tonight before resuming LDC work. :)

qThtDXT.pngYuQzGry.png\

WumX1i3.pngNifkqpO.pngxgmFnuT.png