[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

11 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

no DeltaIV

Well there's a space between Delta and IV...

3 minutes ago, golkaidakhaana said:

I am just curious , why do you insist on using 1.10 instead of 1.10.1 ? There are no differences between the two versions other than bugfixes .

Because Kopernicus (and planet mods in general) are unstable on 1.10.1

43 minutes ago, JoshTheKerbal said:

Well there's a space between Delta and IV...

Don't ask mods to downgrade or update their mods. Also, most mods won't work in 1.10. If you want to use these mods, you need to update to 1.10.1. No other way.

Also, Kopernicus doesn't work in 1.10 either. It has bugs from reading the forum.

KSP 1.8.1 is the only supported version of Kopernicus right now.

Edited by GoldForest

At this point I just refuse to make Delta IV because it's funny. I've even considered adding an RS-68 (so we had more cryo engine variety) but no CBC just to troll :P

Also re: Saturn/Apollo stuff - like with Gemini, absolute priority is recreating the existing functionality. Starting with the historical stuff, then moving on to recreate the alt-history stuff already present in the mod, before moving on to stuff I haven't tackled before. Skylab would have to be redone as well. Exceptions are for "low hanging fruit" ie stuff that I can easily add with minimal effort. I haven't even started work (or even planning) on the Saturn/Apollo update so don't get too excited :) I doubt I'll hit the ground running in the same way I did for this update cycle, where a great deal of the new rockets were already modeled before the BDB 1.6 release.

3 hours ago, JoshTheKerbal said:

Kopernicus isn't any *more* stable on 1.10, that's for sure. The active development/fixes are going on for 1.9.1 and 1.10.1, nothing else. You're just subjecting yourself to broken fairings, and everything else in the 1.10.1 changelog.

35 minutes ago, Darkherring said:

I've just noticed an issue with the Kane Parachutes. The Engineer's Report in VAB claims they are huge - exceeding lvl2 VAB limits. Is it a known issue? Or is it just me?

KSP 1.9.1
BDB 1.6.3

I ve had that issue before with some part of the titan family parachute. I cant remember what part sorry.

and i dont think i ever fixed it

5 hours ago, Darkherring said:

I've just noticed an issue with the Kane Parachutes. The Engineer's Report in VAB claims they are huge - exceeding lvl2 VAB limits. Is it a known issue? Or is it just me?
KSP 1.9.1
BDB 1.6.3

4 hours ago, northern said:

I ve had that issue before with some part of the titan family parachute. I cant remember what part sorry.

and i dont think i ever fixed it

I think *all* the BDB chutes have that issue - it basically reads the deployed size and not the packed size. I can't figure out why, or how to fix it.

8 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

At this point I just refuse to make Delta IV because it's funny. I've even considered adding an RS-68 (so we had more cryo engine variety) but no CBC just to troll

Funnily enough, RS-68 and some custom LH2 B9 configs (and 5m DCSS) is probably all what's needed to make a truly BDB Delta IV. CE's RS-68 is too powerful for BDB balance, and LDC tanks are too light when switched to LH2. This results in a quite light and wildly overpowered rocket.

One thing I'm really, really missing from the latest dev version is the 1.5m > 1.875m adapter with the Leo texture.  That part was tremendously useful (possibly only to me though).  I love tweakscaling it and putting it on top of the Botticelli to make a FlatLeo.  You can either do a Fuji style pod that way or mount a bigger docking port on the nose for Big-G-type spacecraft.  

Also, has anybody made an MM config that allows two kerbals to fit in the Botticelli?  There are two seats, after all! :)

Behold: EuroLeo!

(The Agena -- except the RL81 -- the is tweakscaled.  Thanks to @Well's parts and more tweakscale, we have a rather neat service module too.

3BWQjTX.png

QW4Z2lV.png

mboVMFp.png

11 hours ago, Oblate Prince said:

One thing I'm really, really missing from the latest dev version is the 1.5m > 1.875m adapter with the Leo texture.  That part was tremendously useful (possibly only to me though).  I love tweakscaling it and putting it on top of the Botticelli to make a FlatLeo.  You can either do a Fuji style pod that way or mount a bigger docking port on the nose for Big-G-type spacecraft.  

Also, has anybody made an MM config that allows two kerbals to fit in the Botticelli?  There are two seats, after all! :)

Huh, you mean the 1.5m>1.875m black part with the single crew seat? That's still there - "Leo-M-63F "Giotto" Crew Module". And I just checked, the Botticelli (the Big G crew cabin extension) has 4 seats? I wouldn't worry about the IVAs if that's what you mean, they're not really... supported.

19 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Huh, you mean the 1.5m>1.875m black part with the single crew seat? That's still there - "Leo-M-63F "Giotto" Crew Module". And I just checked, the Botticelli (the Big G crew cabin extension) has 4 seats? I wouldn't worry about the IVAs if that's what you mean, they're not really... supported.

No, there was also a plain structural adapter with the exact same proportions as the Giotto.  It's still in the release version (and I could add it back into my dev version save but the texture doesn't match anymore).

It's "bluedog_Gemini_Structure_A", I think.

Also, were there plans for a white texture for the pressurized an unpressurized 1.875 cargo parts?

Edited by Oblate Prince

On 8/13/2020 at 7:48 PM, Bellabong said:

Well with a bit of autostrutting she flies! Time for Bob to spend a month in better conditions than the upcoming Leo

Hide contents

wZlknHY.png

01PEICw.png

8mc1wbE.png

GrgbC35.png

what visual mods are you using? i'd also very much like a craft file or subassembly for this craft and the launchpad, cant seem to quite figure it out trying to build on my own

Edited by bjornadri

23 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I think *all* the BDB chutes have that issue - it basically reads the deployed size and not the packed size. I can't figure out why, or how to fix it.

The parachute canopy mesh has to be named canopy.  The way KSP excludes the deployed parachute height is a piece of spaghetti code that just excludes meshes named "canopy".  Doesn't seem to check the module or what the module's been told is the parachute at all.

Therapist: Flat Leo isn't real, he can't hurt you.

Flat Leo: . . .

Spoiler

Spoiler

WvqWVIR.png

28NfGhP.png

In any case, I just scaled down the Giotto and added an extra seat in the 1.875m pod.  That actually works better than the structural piece.  Just covered the window :p

I hope I can sell other people on this setup -- it's a really nice way to get a flatter, more modern silhouette without compromising on aesthetics.  The revamped Gemini is the most attractive spacecraft out there!

Edited by Oblate Prince

I have a request, and it has to do with the Titan LDC tanks. Since Provenance now has a very nice Vulcan engine mount, I made a Vulcan with said tanks, only to find that they don't work with Provenance's BE-4 since they don't have Methalox as a B9PS fuel. Is there a patch that I can use?

1 hour ago, alberro+ said:

I have a request, and it has to do with the Titan LDC tanks. Since Provenance now has a very nice Vulcan engine mount, I made a Vulcan with said tanks, only to find that they don't work with Provenance's BE-4 since they don't have Methalox as a B9PS fuel. Is there a patch that I can use?

@Zorg @CobaltWolf Might already have a patch that they haven't pushed to the dev branch. They did help @DylanSemrau with the mod after all. Dylan definitely has a patch, seeing as they are using the BE-4 with the Titan LDC tanks. Might want to ask them for said patch. That or they are running the BE-4 in Hydrolox or LFO mode. 

Edited by GoldForest

20 hours ago, bjornadri said:

what visual mods are you using? i'd also very much like a craft file or subassembly for this craft and the launchpad, cant seem to quite figure it out trying to build on my own

Apart from slightly edited AVP and its dependencies I've got some modified Magpie TU configs as well as Engine Lighting and Planetshine being the other major things in the SS. 

Not sure if a craft file or subassembly would translate well - combination of Kerbalism and Realfuels as well as various other mods drastically change what  craft file from me would look like from stock.

I got the plans from https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/issues/51 and https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/issues/23 and ofc the Atlas at https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/wiki/Atlas.

Launch towers are the miniCrew elevator tower and the Atlas Agena launch stand/tower.

Edited by Bellabong